“pleasant stay”
Review of Park Lane Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Lane Resort
Ranked #21 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We just returned from a 3 night stay in Wildwood Crest at the Park Lane Motel. This was our first visit there and we were very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and grounds area. Upon arrival we checked in at 10:30AM and were told to give the front desk girl 10 minutes and she would give up our key. She went over to our room to inspect it before giving us the key. We were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready and someone was inspecting it before we could go in. There was always someone cleaning outside and emptying the garbage cans around the pool area. The bathrooms could use updating but the rooms were clean and updated. The pool was immaculate and crystal clear. This motel was better than alot we have stayed in in Wildwood Crest and paid more money for. In general we think the motel/hotels need renovating but the Park Lane was one to stay at again. It is a good location and once you get there you can walk to many places. We wish the owner would smile a little more but the bed bug review I read before we left for Wildwood is way off......

3  Thank sam1021

Upper Saddle River, NJ
Reviewed July 10, 2006

We stayed at the Park Lane this July 4th and my family had a fabulous time. The place is so immaculate. The pool was never crowded because of the size of it and my 3 year old son and 1 year old daugther loved the kiddie pool. The owners did such a great job remodeling the exterior. It really is a great place to stay.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. I was a bit bewidered about the comment from the group from Scranton! We never came across that type of problem and we have been going there for 10 years! I never take the time to respond to any of these comments on trip advisor, but when I read this I had to comment! I really don't think your response is accurate. It is a shame that people take their negative commments to these lengths. We need to take more time and contribute to our positive experiences and compliment those that work such lenghty hours to keep the place so immaculate! We need to encourage the families with the positive comments to respond more than the more motivated negative ones!

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2005

This will be our 3rd year staying at the Park Lane Motel. We came to Wildwood Crest for the first time in 2003 and stayed at this motel. We don't even look anywhere else! The place is so clean and the pool is so beautiful! The owners do seem a little strict but that is one of the main reasons we stay. I don't say that because we are some kind of snobby family or anything, I say that because it is nice to know that the owners care about their property which makes me worry less about our property and safety. We know that it is going to be clean and their isn't going to be any problems with other guest because the owner won't let that happen. Also, the two years that we have stayed, all the other families have been so friendly, and everyone seems to get along. It is a great place to stay if you have children and you don't mind a little structure. My husband and I tell everyone about this place and highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2004

The management was unfriendly and cold. Our suite had two small beds for a family of four. My son ended up sleeping on the floor for the entire time we were there. The bathroom was tiny. My four year old could barely fit in there. There was no room for our toileties. The washing machine (one washing machine and one dryer for all to use) could only be used between the hours of 3pm and 9pm. The sign stated the machine was $1.00, but actually it was really $2.00. I thought it was broken until someone noticed and clued me in. The pool closed at 7pm, which is way too early. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank mc52628
Washington Township, NJ
Reviewed July 11, 2004

My husband, children, and I stayed at the Park Lane for and extended weekend over the 4th of July holiday. The property was well above average in the cleanliness category when compared to other hotels in the area, the hotel management/staff was pleasant as well as more than accommodating when we called for extra towels, they were delivered in just minutes from when I called. Their pool area is absolutely beautiful. This area consists of a standard and a children’s pool. This is very convenient for those with young children or children of various ages. The Park Lane is centrally located for those who like the beach, as it is only a one block walk. Additionally, management was open and willing to suggest restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We appreciate their kindness and professionalism. This is why we will be spending our second 4th of July at the Park Lane next year! Hats off to the Park Lane. :-)

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2004

The place is very very clean but it is nothing more then a hotel room with cinder block walls. As for the owner & the women who run the place..... they are very UNFRIENDLY. I would never stay here for a week but a weekend getaway maybe only because it is so clean.

3  Thank ROSE040
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed March 1, 2004

It's unfortunate that not everyone feels the way my family and I do. We absolutely love the Park Lane. We had a bad experience with another motel. It was terrrible, we checked out early and got no refund for our 3 days. We went to the Park Lane. They were so understanding and made us feel so at home. Jim, the manager let us check in immedicately, 10 A.M., so that my family & I would not be left waiting in our car. The room was so clean you could eat off the floor. The maids were friendly. We got everything we asked for and more. At checkout he even let us leave our car so that my kids could get those extra hours on the boardwalk & beach. The pool is so huge & clean. We love the sun deck with the oceanview. Jim really made us feel so much better. He saved the day with his humor and understanding. I can't see how other's would find him rude. Some people ask for too much some times! We are going back there, that's for sure.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member