“The Cara Mara is a very good hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Cara Mara Resort Condominiums
Clifton, NJ
“The Cara Mara is a very good hotel!”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I just returned from staying at the Cara Mara with my 10 year old son, and I've got to tell yu that we had a very nice visit. From check-in to check out, we had a very nice stay. The room was very clean and everything worked (TV, Refrigerator, etc.). The bathroom was very clean. Our housekeeper did a great job. The pool was clean, the grounds were clean. I cannot understand why there are so many negative comments about this place. I've been staying in WIldwood since I was a kid back in the early 60's and I can honestly say that this was one of the most pleasant stays we've had. I would recommend the Cara Mara to anyone who was looking for a place to stay in WIldwood. It has a great location (just one block off the beach and even within walking distance of the boardwalk). Do not hesitate to stay at the Cara Mara!

• Stayed August 2009

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We recently stayed in Cara Mara at Wildwood Crest with no expectations...just hoping to get a clean room and a little luck from the weather. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were a different story.The TV and mini fridge barely worked but my main disgust was with the bathroom. VERY DIRTY tub, the shower curtain had mold on the edges, the bath mat was molded as well and very dirty. It also had a very strong and concentrated urine smell. We had a motel room w/2 double beds and the bed closest to the wall had a very strange leak everynight above on the ceiling. It was a drop of water every 10-15 minutes...really spooked me out. It's sad because they could bring in more business by just spending about $100-200 per room (if they're all the same) updating it and cleaning it better. ALSO, they do NOT change sheets and clean every day, they just make the bed. I know the economy has been tough on everyone but a little clorox and lysol would have gone a long way...unacceptable. The pool was nice and the grounds were neat. Overall, not worth what they charged (about $500 for 3 nights) . I will be trying another mote and read the reviews first......good luck!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have stayed at the Cara Mara for years. I loved the atmosphere and the people working there were always nice and helpful. This year was the total opposite. The maids were horrible, the front desk was not helpful at all. The room was dirty and when I said something they told me someone would come and check it out, but no one ever came. The last two summers I was recommending the Cara Mara to everyone I knew, but after the poor service, the crazy admin fee and dirtiness I will not stay again. I am planning on staying at the Imperial 500, which is much nicer and even a little cheaper!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The Cara Mara Hotel was a disappointment. The game room was a joke, billiards table imbalanced and no cue ball, air hockey didn't work, shuffleboard court cracked and lumpy, shuffleboard sticks broken and bent. Maid service was irregular, we were there 5 nights and only had a maid 3 times. We were told that the maid didn't speak English and probably didn't realize we wanted our room tidied! The ofice staff was unhelpful and indifferent to simple requests like towels on the days we had no maid! They were supposed to open the office in the morning for free coffee and never showed up until 10ish. The rooms was very small and uncomfortable. I love the idea of casual Jersey summer fun but the sofa bed was AWFUL- hard and lumpy- and the beds were not much better. Not cheap and never to be visited again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wodentmom
ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I hate this motel, it's disgusting service staff and nasty rooms.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Pretty_girl_ireland
Allentown, PA
Reviewed October 3, 2008

My family and I have been visiting the Wildwoods for the past 35+ years (since I was a baby). We were very much disappointed when the hotel(s) we had previously used were all torn down to build those ridiculous million-dollar condos. We thought our days of fun and sun "down the shore" were gone...then we found the Cara Mara! Listen, when you visit the Jersey Shore, there are SOOOO many things to do, I'm not sure why some reviewers spend SOOOO much time "inspecting" their rooms, etc. This place is all privately owned, and the manger there is GREAT...he made the reservation experience easy. I would say to avoid the female who answers the phone sometimes (she has a thick accent), because she appeared much more "gruff". Anyway, we have since stayed at the Cara Mara about 3-4 times in the past two years. We have rented both smaller studios and the large family rooms...we have fiound them all to be fine. The rooms have always been clean, and any minor problems we had were addressed immediately. We, in fact, are going again in October for Victorian Week in Cape May...I would recommend this time of year to anyone, and the Cara Mara to all. Last October, the pool was still opened (it is heated), and we were able to hang out there IN OCTOBER...cool! If you're looking for a palace...you probably won't like this place. If you're looking for a great room, great location, and great price...this is the palce for you!

• Liked — The value and location, as well as the ease of check-in/check-out.
  • Disliked — Nothing, but they could afford to put in an elevator.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
gsiserv
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We had a great time at the Cara Mara. The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The office people were very nice and we loved the Wawa coffee in the moring. It was nothing fancy but the room was decorated very nice and kept up well. We would most def come back next year. For the price, the value, and the location can not be beat.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family