“Blah - Basic”

and 1 more site!
Cara Mara Resort Condominiums
“Blah - Basic”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

If you're looking for a hotel with all the guidos in jersey, then stay here. It's a great location, but horrible parking. And if you have a truck like my husband does then forget it. People were obnoxious, drunk and partying all night. Rooms didn't have tvs in them, only the "kitchen" attached did. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank samlawr87

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lake Como, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We haven't been to the Cara Mara for several years and decided to book an early summer stay this weekend. Everything exceeded our expectations. Our oceanview two-room unit with a kitchenette and flat-screen TV was clean, roomy and bright, and boasted a terrific view of the new fitness park, beach and ocean. (FYI: We decided to return to the Cara Mara because its prices were much more reasonable than surrounding motels.)
The pool was crystal clear and provided a nice relaxing respite after riding bikes on the boardwalk in the morning. The Cara Mara's new staff was courteous and attended to our needs -- even when we requested more towels for three teen-aged girls getting ready for senior weekend.
And there are plenty of things to do as we look ahead to planning for another mid-summer trip to the Cara Mara -- an expanded children's playground, a new barbecue area, shuffleboard court, table tennis and a gameroom. And besides the spectacular ocean views from the Cara Mara, we learned that the new Centennial Park directly across the street hosts family-friendly concerts and other activities throughout the summer. We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet place that's family friendly yet is steps from the beach, the Cara Mara is a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bmbbmom
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My son and I stayed at the Cara Mara a year ago. I knew from that visit to not rent rooms ending in 11 or 12 (which don't have a beach/ocean view). I also knew that the online information for a type "F" room layout is accurate only for third floor (for lower floors, kitchenette and bathroom are in the back of the unit with the bedroom, not up front with the living room/dining room). This visit was very pleasant. Good location, a short walk to the beach/bike path, and there is a nice city playground a few blocks to the south. The pool temperature was reasonably warm. The playground next to the pool is a nice feature for families with small children. The unit had windows with screens that could be opened both in front and in back, allowing good cross-ventilation while keeping insects out. The Cara Mara had far more cable TV channels than an upscale expensive nearby place that we had stayed in the previous weekend. I brought a cooking pot with lid, which was good - unit we were in (with kitchenette) was a bit short on quality cookware. Wireless Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop (web authentication). The place is advertised for occupancy by up to six people, but a realistic comfortable capacity is four. There were a few maintenance issues with the unit which I reported to the onsite management; hopefully they will be addressed promptly.

Room Tip: Third floor (best view), room number not ending in 11 or 12.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Leeskibike
Wildwood Crest, NJ
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My family & I have been vacationing in Wildwood Crest on-and-off for over 20 years. Each time, we like to try a different place that meets our needs, preferences, and is within our budget. My husband, teen son, and I stayed for the first time at the Cara Mara this past August, 2011 weekend. I chose the Cara Mara as they appeared to be offering 14% discounts due to the economy, as well as meeting our preferences. Although located across the street from the beach, guests can still have an ocean view because of the park. Upon our arrival, a woman was complaining at the front office to a young manager about a large family group, who, not only basically took over the entire place, but were extremely noisey every night into the late hours (passed midnight), to the point where even the police were called. From what I overheard, this went on every night during this group's stay; yet, from what I've come to learn, there were 3 different guests who complained to the Cara Mara management as well as phoned the police, but nothing was done. Upon our check-in, I told them that it's a good thing that the group was checking out the next day; otherwise my family & I would have requested a refund on our depost, and would have looked elsewhere to stay. Our so called condo's tiny kitchenette efficiency also was oddly located inside the back private bedroom, cramped in a left corner, up against the bathroom door. Trying to open & close the small refrigerator next to the bathroom door was extremely difficult. The bathtub tile was very old with old, moldy looking grout, and the cheap backsplash surrounding the tub was half hanging off. Old dirt in bathroom corners & various parts of the efficiency. Beds were old & uncomfortable. Couch cushions were more comfortable than the sofa bed pull-out matthress. Out of all the Wildwood Crest places I've stayed, this was also the first time where house keeping replaced fresh towels only every 2 days. Just yesterday, (Tues., 8/16), the game room was locked during the day. I'm guessing it's because the family group probably broke something, as they had no consideration for any of the other guests staying at the motel. The young management lacks the experience and maturity in learning how to control large groups and to supervise over the conditions of these so called condo's. Sorry, but I wouldn't stay at the Cara Mara again if it were for free.

Room Tip: Ask about ocean/pool view, & if there are any large groups staying during your stay.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank edeblong

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Condominiums, so furnishings likely vary from room to room. Online information for type "F" room layout is accurate only for third floor; for lower floors, kitchenette and bathroom are in the back of the unit with the bedroom, not up front with the living room/dining room. Hopefully, management will provide more accurate information online next season. No beach/ocean view for units ending in 11, 12 (enclosed staircase at front of building blocks view). Small child-friendly mostly-enclosed play area near pool, including items like foot-powered car, toy lawn-mower, etc. - helpful while packing car for departure. Unit we were in (with kitchenette) lacked adequate cooking pots; office supplied needed items for the stay. Wireless Internet access worked fine with a Linux laptop.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Leeskibike
Milltown NJ
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. Small bathrooms. The staff was very good. Close to the beach. Certainly not a full service pricey hotel, but a good affordable place for families with children. Just like your childhood memories of the Wildwood motels. You do have to walk to 2nd & 3rd floors. Pool and BBQ ares wll maintained & clean. Plenty of lounge chairs. Ice cream truck and fresh fruit truck come by everyday. Beach in the morning, pool in the afternoon and boardwalk at night. The kids love it. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mari-serv
Brooklyn
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I stayed at the Cara Mara in the middle of May. We had a great room with an outstanding view. Although the room had a pool view you could see the beach (unobstructed) from the balcony. The kitchen was recently updated and the room was clean. Had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Great for my teenage kids. The pool was already opened and cleaned and was heated (85 degrees according the man at the front desk...Gary I think was his name). Although it was on the third floor I loved the room (Room #301) and the view. I will go back again soon. I understand that the Cara Mara went condo so each room is individually owned. I will request the same room next time. I liked the decor and the clean/new kitchen.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family