“great place.”

Cape Cod Inn Resort Motel
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Rooms were clean and comfortable and front desk staff was very accommodating

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank drumlinemom

Reviewed November 10, 2009

My family and friend had a great vacation, all rooms are southern exposure, everyone in office was very helpful, rooms with kitchen were plenty big for 4.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Upon arrival, I paid for the hotel but wasn't allowed to park. When I finally was able to get in my room, there was a double bed and a twin. The website had clearly stated two doubles were in the efficiency, which is why we upgraded. I went to speak with the person at the desk and was told there was nothing they could do, and that I should've requested double beds. When I responded the website stated all rooms had double beds, they said thanks for telling them, They would change it. I still don't have good sleeping arrangements. They said they had a more expensive room but I'd have to pay the $150 a night difference. I asked to be downgraded to a cheaper room to get the double beds but was told none were available. Finally they offered a room that had two beds that fit my family. I went in the room and there was mold growing from the ceiling in the bathroom and bedroom. My husband took pictures to send to the health dept. Now this room only had a shower, which also doesn't work since my kids are so young. I return to the front desk and tell the person it won't work and she says she can't do anything for me. After staying in there and complaining and asking her to come see the mold (which my son is very allergic to), she said she'd switch me but she had to switch a mattress. Not sure why this wasn't an option in the room on the first floor where we started but it didn't seem to suit their purposes. Once settled in the room, the woman at the desk was rude to my husband when he went to get the room keys. The next morning, one of the owners was checking in my sister and noticed she was a dr. She complained to her about the rude guest who must have been a spoiled child! I have never been treated with such disrespect.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank lluvtotrvl
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Suite on 3rd floor has only one air conditioner in a 2 room suite that is falling apart, Musty smell takes some getting used to. Can't close door between rooms and have air in both.
The TV in the one room did not have a remote that worked. Took remote to office Sunday night. Went to office Monday morning to see when it would be fixed. Checked back Monday night. It never was returned. And no explination as ever given. Also TV volume control didn't work on TV. There is not anywhere in the extreamly small bath to set stuff, or do makeup for the ladies. I dropped my watch and kicked it under the bed. What a mess. There were dried up old rose pedels and candy wrappers mixed in with hair. Yuck. Not a stay again place for me. Pool closes at 7:30 in the evening. Their wy-fi Can only be accessed from outside the room. There is no reception in the room. At least not in the rooms where we ant the people staying next to us were staying.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank brucad
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I booked my stay a month in advance ... I was told I had a 2 bedroom and a pull out couch ... Called ahead to tell them I wouldnt be checking into the hotel till friday evening once getting to the hotel at night friday they did not have the room I had payed for and were ignorant to my entire family and would not work with us to accomadate us ... We did not even fit in the room they gave us there were 5 of us and the hotel room give didnt even hold up to 5 ... I had talked to the management and as told there was nothing they could do and if we wanted a bigger room we had to pay alot more money a night to stay .. I would not reccommend this hotel EVER to anyone...do not be surprised if you do not have a room or the room you were promised over the phone when you arrive...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kellyb1117
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Well i think this hotel need to be a little more organized and nicer. I booked 5 Motel rooms and 1 Penthouse suite! i paid over $2,000 to stay for 4 nights, and the managment constantly complained! Now i can understand its 4th July weekend and their busy, but when you pay that much money you think they would giv eyou a break. NOT this place. We went in a group of 20 adults and 4 babies, this was a family trip. They called us atleast 2 times a day complaining to many people were in our room, at one point we actually had our door open cause we wanted fresh air, the manager jsut "happend to be walking by on our floor" and she walked in and told me to not lean on the dresser!!!!!! Can you believe that!! Over all the management was poor, parking was horrible! we had to park and walk one block at 11:30 at night with bags and babies on our hips! They threatened to tow our car when we didnt have a parking permit on our window! I cant complain about the rooms. They were clean, and VERY spacious. The TV's have to be updated, and they have to get working remotes as well! I dont think i will ever stay their again, but if i had too, it wouldn't kill me.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Several days before arriving for my stay at the hotel I checked the hotel website to see if they offered a wireless/internet connection. The website listed a "wireless internet connection available in lobby". Shortly after my arrival, I entered the lobby to take care of some important work that needed to be completed and sent. When I went to log on the their wireless network my computer found the network and good signal strength immediately, great. Now all I needed was the secure "login" password to get access. When I approached the front desk to ask for the password they pointed me to their computer in the corner of the room and told me "there is our internet connection". When I tried to explain to them I had my own laptop and needed to use same laptop to connect to a secure network for work, I was of course met with a blank stare...crickets chirping loudly...tumbleweeds across the arid plains.....
During the course of the next 15-20 minutes, I was finally able to expalin to the very nice, but totally tech illiterate, women behind the desk that they did, in fact, have a wireless network in place and someone, somewhere had the password to log in. They of couse looked at me like I had three heads and I was the only person in the world who ever asked to log in to the wireless network. They agreed to make a few phone calls and get back to me later.
When I left the office, a few other guests heard me complaining to my family by the pool and lamented to me they had the same issues and frustrations just the day before. My next room neighbor gave me a password for the wireless network from the coffee shop across the street which was barely accessable/usable. Several hours and phone calls later, another member of my family finally returned from the office with the supposed password to their "Capecodinnmotel" network....same passcode as the coffeshop across the street. They had absolutely no clue how to get in to their own wireless router and were giving out the password to log in to the business across the street. Worse yet, I'm still here and not getting the warm fuzzy feeling that anyone has any intention of ever finding how how I can log on here, which as you may be able to discern, is quite important to me.
Also, don't believe the things listed on the amenities page of the website, they have no idea what is actually on there or how to change the site and I would not be surprised if they ever even look at it.
best regards

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank medfox