Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that some of the reviews submitted for this property may have been subject to bias through a competition, deals, or incentives offered by the property in exchange for reviews. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Excellent Location, Average Motel, Mixed feelings”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Elmira, NY
“Excellent Location, Average Motel, Mixed feelings”
Reviewed May 19, 2006

When I first booked my vacation at Aqua Beach Resort, I was enchanted by their beautiful brochures. After booking, I was horrified to read several "not-so-good" reviews, so I e-mailed a letter to Aqua Beach expressing my concerns. The management replied timely stating everything they do to ensure a nice vacation - at least they cared enough to respond!
PROS:
-Beach amenities (umbrellas and boogie boards) were a GREAT bonus;
-Staff was very friendly during check-in, throughout our stay, and at check-out;
-Absolutely WONDERFUL location - walk to boardwalk or beach one minute or less;
-On site cafe - we didn't eat there, but it looked clean and busy;
-Nice outdoor pool, and poolside BBQ grills - we cooked steak dinner one night!
CONS:
-Not what I would call a resort ... more like a motel with additional ammenities;
-Upon arrival, the room smelled like Lysol - apparently over sprayed to cover up the musty smell that older coastal motels usually get;
-Very old decor and furnishings, while I don't think they were dirty, just really old;
-First morning we didn't have hot water. We called down to the front desk, and they said that they'd send somebody right up. By the time he arrived, the water was hot;
-Cheap, limited toiletries
OVERALL - the brochures may be a bit misleading, but my theory is, "If you want a Hilton, stay at a Hiton"
Aqua Beach is neither the nicest nor worst place I've stayed. Would I stay there again? Perhaps, but there are a lot of other available choices in Wildwood. I would choose Aqua Beach over a small motel any day, however, I might prefer a larger, more upscale hotel.

I'd like to add that overall, we really had a GREAT vacation!

ACC and ACF
Elmira, NY

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank ACFACC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Morris County, New Jersey
Reviewed May 2, 2006

We stayed 2 times in 2005 once in July-and liked the location so much that we came down again Labor day weekend. We stayed in a efficency on the 3rd floor with a view of the ocean and facing the pool-I would have to agree that the room was not as clean as other places I've stayed, but overall it was fine for what we needed. We have 2 kids and being able to just walk one block and be on the boardwalk and hop on the tram is worth the extra money to stay here. The pool was quite crowed and definately needed to get there early-the grills that they have-seemed to be used by the same families each and every night-I see alot of comments about no clean sheets every day. I have stayed in 5 star resorts and have seen requests from the hotel to "save water" and the enviroment and not have the sheets washed everyday-if you are the only one sleeping in those sheets-what is the big deal-I change my sheets at home once a week! I have already booked our vacation for 2006-I look forward to the live music on Monday & Wednesdays and some weekends!

9 Thank skaijala
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2006

One of the best hotels in Wildwood Crest. We stayed in the condominium section and it was brand new. Extremely clean! Had full kitchen, washer and dryer in the unit, pool. Plenty of parking, great location and only 1 block from the beach. You could walk to the boardwalk, rent bikes next door and walk to sea shell ice cream (best ice cream in wildwood!). The only downside I saw was that you couldn't grill in your balcony and had to go downstairs to grille and the pool area was kind of small. But would definitely stay here again, l loved it!

this hotel is luxury quality compared to all the other dirty, moldy, smelly, and old hotels in wildwood.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minnesota
Reviewed January 31, 2006

Our family was visiting our daughter who was working in Wildwood for the summer. We choose Aqua Beach resort after searching the internet and talking to them on the telephone. Living in the mid-west and having to book a motel over the telephone is a little risky but I was more confident after talking to the desk clerk. Both times she was patient and took time to answer all of my questions. When we arrived I was surprised to find the rooms looked just like the pictures on their web-site. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving but what you see it what you get and we were pleased.

We did not know where to stay but we were pleased with the location of this motel. It was right off the boardwalk and we could catch the trolley car and go anywhere on the board walk. The beach is right out the back door and it was a pleasant surprise to find they had chairs and boogie boards, etc....right there for their guests to use. We don't typically choose places that are "high traffic" areas to vacation in but since our daughter came to Wildwood we wanted to visit. We were pleased with the more quiet atmosphere of Wildwood Crest via Wildwood. The beach is quite a hike to the ocean but it appeared it was that way everywhere in the Wildwood area.

Our room was bright and clean. We enjoyed the little kitchenette in each room and used the free grills often.

I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay. Our family of 5 enjoyed ourselves, the pool area, the laundry room, and computer access in the lobby and the friendly staff.

8 Thank woody47
Woodbridge, NJ
Reviewed August 30, 2005

My husband and I found and chose the Aqua Beach Resort through its website. We wanted an oceanfront room, and when we called for last-minute reservations, the only one available was one of the "Indies Suites". The Indies are beachfront but ground level rooms, so we had a few "reservations" of our own, as we're used to staying on upper hotel levels and wondered about street noise issues. But we needn't have feared: the resort is located just past the south (quiet) end of the boardwalk and there is only a bike path there. And the location of our room turned out to be a huge plus: we were able to park our car just outside our room, which was extremely convenient for checking in/out (no waiting for elevators with tons of baggage!), going to dinner, etc. We were able to walk directly out our door and onto the beach, around to the pool, or take the short walk to the end of the boardwalk, where the tram car begins and ends its route. (The hotel's ice & vending machines and washer/dryers are also just around the corner on this level.) The hotel itself is not brand new, but is well-kept, clean, and updated. And the Suite itself was wonderful: We had a clean, comfortable efficiency with a King bed, sofa bed, dinette with 4 chairs, cable TV, Kitchenette with microwave, stove, fridge, coffee maker, and all the cooking/eating utensils you could need, a lovely ocean view, and a deluxe bathroom with beautiful tile work, a stand up shower AND a large whirlpool spa tub! (Hair dryer included also.) The Indies Suites had been recently remodeled with a Caribbean theme, and we loved the 4-poster bed with its carved pineapple motif, the woven bamboo dressers, palm tree artwork, and -- unusual for a hotel room -- a ceiling fan. We could easily imagine that we were in the islands (rather than a 2-hour drive from our home in Central Jersey), especially when the hotel hosted a live Caribbean band poolside one afternoon - an unadvertised extra! The heated pool (pool towels provided!) has a fenced kiddie area and an adjoining Jacuzzi - a nice touch- as well as a few gas grills for the guests' use. Or, if you prefer that someone else do the cooking, there is an adjoining beachfront cafe` where you can grab breakfast or lunch, to eat in or take out. If you'd like to do a little quiet sunning, there's also a rooftop sun deck with a great view and plenty of lounge chairs. If we were forced to complain about anything, it would be that the bathroom lacks a counter for toiletries (which we remedied by bringing in one of the dining chairs). All in all, we'd definately recommend a stay at the Aqua Beach Resort. We enjoyed our stay so much that we've returned twice since -- and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed July 2004
16 Thank jm9396
Grand Cayman
Reviewed August 20, 2005

We stayed in the 3 bedroom Beachcrest Condo (Located across the street from Aqua). We were very suprised, it was nicer then most. We did have a problem with the refrigerator that the handyman was not much help with, I fixed it on my own. Though the condos are fairly new (3 Yrs?) they could use soom cleaning. The walls and carpet were pretty dirty, nothing that a paint brush and carpet cleaner couldn't take care of. Other then that it was very nice. Small quiet pool and just a block from teh boardwalk. Over all we were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Harley27
East Haven, CT
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Before we even arrived they made a mistake in our reservation. We have four children and they had us down for three. Since I didn't receive a confirmation letter or brochure until about two weeks before we left (the reservation was made two months earlier), when I called them on their error, they were unwilling to correct their mistake and we the 6 of us were smooshed into a 4 person room - not comfortable! Our phone rang every morning at 5:10, which they were supposed to correct and never did. We hardly ever had hot water and there was never enough towels. Part of their ammenities was pool towels, which they rarely had - out of five days I think we were able to get pool towels once.

From their responses to our problems, customer service is definitely not one of their strong points.

I don't think we'd go back to the Aqua Beach.

9 Thank Hazelnut64
#18 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!