“Great location & fun!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, PA
“Great location & fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Nice clean room, which you don't always get at the Jersey shore. Our room was 1st floor by the pool and I was concerned about possible noise, but the room was well sound-proofed. Band by the pool on Saturday afternoon was a fun touch, but should be considered by families with small children who might need quiet/nap time. The roof-top sundeck was outfitted with brand new hammocks. Jacuzzi tub worked just fine. Front desk staff was friendly & polite. The only "complaint" was lack of a good size or full length mirror in the room and no counter at the sink so there was really no place to put your makeup, hair styling supplies, etc. while you were getting ready. Overall we had a great time and it was an outstanding value. We are going back again with kids in a few weeks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

WELL FIRST OF ALL.. make sure you wrap your car in bubble wrap because the PARKING SPACES ARE SO SMALL.. you have to be a size zero to squeeze out your car! Then the six of us take our luggage up to our room, where we find out we payed $230 a night to sleep in a matchbox stocked with linens for three! Trying to enjoy our stay on the beach since the pool staff is apparently incompetent when it comes to their job! Upon hiring the entire staff should be briefed on hotel policies and rules! What goes for my children should go for others! At the hot tub is a sign that states must be 14 years old or accompanied by an adult. I have three children who where in the hot tub with their grandmother, and the lifeguard yelled at my children to get out! REASON...... NONE! Once we retired to our matchbox, we looked off our balcony to see other children in the hot tub, with out adult supervision. I yelled down what about those kids, oh that was OK due to the time of day! So to sum up my review of out stay! NEVER AGAIN! The price is robbery for the amount of service and accomodations you recieve! In my mind i should be extremely compensated for this disaster of a stay, but i'm sure it would be a gift certificate for my next stay, that will never happen again! I guess this was just one $900 mistake i will have to learn from! At least i can share my experience with others!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank celticknotgrl76
baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

How do you charge a $20 fee if dirty dishes are left behind? if you dont want people leaving them behind , don't supply them. Rather than having your maids leave envelopes behind asking for tips give them a checklist to do the rooms correctly. no blankets or sheets for folding bed and counter person has no access to the blankets...WOW.. guess they are really specail blankets

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank foodcritic1466
Georgetown, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We chose to spend an early summer weekend in Wildwood at the Aqua Beach resort because they had a special "package" deal they offered. The price was excellent and we felt the value was outstanding. We had a beautiful suite, which I was surprised was included in with the special, that had a beautiful large jacuzzi tub for two. The room itself was beautifully decorated, the king size bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate. The package included a voucher for one of the nicer local restaurants, and we chose Urie's on the Water. The food was great, and the value even better. Then we had activities to chose from, such as an amazing day using all the rides on Morey's Pier and Waterpark and a ride on the "Silver Bullet" speedboat. We had a blast.

My only negative remark would be regarding the outside hot tub. While the temperature was perfect and the hot tub itself was clean, the jets did not work properly at all, so I felt the unit needed some work so you didn't just sit in hot water!

Like I mentioned, this package deal was a definite draw to the Aqua Beach resort. If they continue to offer these deals, we will definitely be back!

I also wanted to review this hotel for my website, http://www.echelontravels.com. My website specializes in recommending luxurious yet affordable accomodations and vacations. Aqua Beach Resort definitely qualifies for this!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelrat4ever
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

Love the Aqua Beach! Yes the Belle rooms are small but we just needed a place to stay for one night while visiting family for Easter. The hotel was very very CLEAN!! I would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dillybar92
Summit Hill, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2008

We took our vacation to Wildwood this summer with friends and stayed at Aquabeach. When we arrived we realized that one of the rooms we booked didn't have the view we wanted so we switched to an ocean front room. Aside from the mixup everything was nice. The people were helpful and there were a lot of things included while we were there. Barbecues, boogie boards, beach umbrellas and such. Some rooms are newer than others and it looks like there are a few different styles. Our room was a tropical style and our friend’s room was more florida style. Both our rooms were clean, but if you are looking for a specific type I would ask for it. We had a good time. Wildwood is a seashore beachy place and I think Aquabeach has a good style, a friendly staff and they are in a good spot if you want to just walk to the fishing pier or the boardwalk. The cafe was nice for breakfast and the internet lounge was cool to hang out in at night. We all enjoyed it.

• Liked — Room styles, extras & pool scene.
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
West Newton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

I am the owner of a tour company. I took 54 people to this hotel.
I have been in business for 33 years, have been in all 50 states in the USA. I have never stayed in such a filthy place. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT book here! If you look at the pictures on the web site, they are very misleading! I took pictures of the bath room, bedroom, and the living room, if you want to see what it really looks like! The pictures are nothing like what you find in the room! The floors in bath room, and living room are disgustingly dirty! The grout in the bath room is supposed to be light grey and it is black from not being cleaned. I put towels down all over the bath room so I didn't have to stand on the floor and they were black! I wore white socks so I wouldn't be in my bare feet and they were black! Whatever you do, DO NOT go in the jacucci, my swimming suit was ruined, it has holes in it from whatever they put in the water and my ankle braclet which was sterling turned black! The jeweler said it is completely ruined. Two other people from my bus went in, one black suit turned purple, and one that was navy suit turned orange! I didn't sit on the couch because it had a big stain on it, I was so bad I wouldn't even put my suitcase on it.
When I went down to complain, they told me there wasn't any other rooms available and that I had the best room there! I had 54 people there, and felt if mine was the best I would hate to see theirs! They were all alike totally filthy!
I asked to talk to the manager 2 days in a row and they said he wasn't available! I asked them for him to call me in my room when he was available, and 5 days later when I checked out with my group, the manager still didn't not have the courtesy to call me. PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here. I wouldn't stay here if it was free!

• Liked — NOTHING!
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed September 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank kathystours
#4 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!