“enjoy coming every year”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
brick nj
“enjoy coming every year”
Reviewed July 13, 2004

we have been going to the aqua beach for 8 yrs now and we have a great time every time we come. the resort just renovated their rooms
so it is far from run down in my opinion. our friends come and stay here as well.

11 Thank pzonin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Reviewed July 10, 2004

After looking at various hotel reviews in Wildwood, I chose the Aqua Beach for the location. The location was perhaps the only thing about this hotel that was superb.
The first room we were put in had a malfunctioning toilet - maintenance came 3 times to repair, to no avail. The room also had no shampoo and 1 bar of soap for 2 people. The second room we were put in, an upgrade (yes, I had to ask for it) had a malfunctioning tub. I called for maintenance to repair - never came.
The manager on duty never apologized nor did anything to try and rectify the situation. I attempted to contact Mike D'Antonio, the Owner, however he chose not to respond.
Please be advised that I am taking further action against this hotel.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2004

My family and I have been coming down for years and now I have found my hotel. They are in between The Adventurer and Waters Edge- Aqua Beach!!!
I just came back from Aqua beach resort for the 4th of July wk/end yesterday, and I am already planning my Labor Day mini vacation at no other hotel than Aqua beach.
I enjoyed the cleaness of the hotel, the distance to the Boardwalk, bike rentals and the beach. The Carribean music played by the live band from Trinidad poolside on Saturday was an added pleasant surprise...keep it up. Music on Saturday's throughout the summer (yeah!!)
The grills were clean, hot tub lovely, laundry room (enough machines thx again) and the diner was cool. At night there was peace and quiet in the Crest (unlike Wildwood) and we had the perfect veiw of the fireworks display. One bad note though..... ICE SHOULD BE FREE, but I understand why it is not. Folks are known for loading up coolers for the beach if FREE is involved. Thx and see ya soon.

P.S. I am not a spokesman, but I feel like one, maybe I should ask for a free night for such a lovely review...are you reading this Aquabeach:)

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2004

Aqua beach is probobley the best pleace in wildwood! i am 15 years old and I have been going there ever since i was little. We usualy go around June and started to bring our enitre family there as a family reunion they are very helpful with acomidating our party. The package deals taht they run in June are SO helpful and save so much money on dinners, breakfasts, lunch, pier rides, silver bullet speed boat. My family and I wouldnt go without it. We are actualy going back in about ten days! Each room has a great view and its such a livly place and so close and convient to everything! Regarding the "Handicap Nightmare" I was actualy there when that happened too. Aqua beach's staff seemed to have handeled it very well and in their deffence they have an amazing hotel. The food is good so is the service the rooms are clean what more could I ask for?

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2004

Last year three girls and I decided to have a girls only weekend. We chose the Aque Beach for its location (beach is right behind the hotel) and its one of few that have a hot tub. I will say that the hotel is a lot nicer then the staff. But you are not there to make friends. We finally arrived after being stuck in traffic for two hours check-in was quick, got to our room on a VERY HOT day got everything unpacked only to find that our air conditioner did not work. They sent someone up to look at it faster then I thought they would, he then told us in what little english he knew, that we had to move everything to the room next door. So we had to waste even more of our time.We had a room (f1) with a private balcony, which they say it over looks the beach NOT EXACTLY!!! but it was still nice if you want to look in the window of the hotel next door. On a brighter note all was well after that. Hot tub was nice-- pool was nice--breakfast in their restaurant was nice--Bike rental across the street was nice--The other guest were also very nice. After everything that happened we are still making this an annual girls getaway. Keep in mind that this is not a Florida resort so the price of this place is worth the little bit of minor trouble we had.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2004

The Aqua Beach is actually one of the newer hotels in this area.... not exactly 20 years old yet but getting near to it! We stayed there about 6 years ago and spent tons of money for the Labor Day weekend and were dissappointed. We have family that swears by this hotel and although we were quite satisfied with our usual place we opted for a change....
when we arrived our carpet was dirty....pistachio shells and beer bottle caps on floor. House keeping said they would clean it up...but they never did. Instead my hubby grabbed the vacuum and did it so my infant could sit on floor! Our ocean View was not a direct view as advertised and as we were led to believe over the phone...you had to lean over railing for the view of ocean. The hotel seemed to have been overbooked and some rooms seemed to have more than a reasonable amount of guests. Parking was horrible . The hotel is located steps away from the beach and board walk.... and my nieces and nephews enjoy the kid's activities provided by the staff in the pool. The toilet in my sister's efficency kept backing up on the last trip. It does tend to be over crowded at the pool.... not a horrible place but not the best....just a bit over priced.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 7, 2004

Hotel is old & beat. Staff is not accomodating. Area is run down. Do not bring children here!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#22 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!