“Aqua rents lovely condos across the street...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Toms River, New Jersey
“Aqua rents lovely condos across the street...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family just returned from a wonderful weekend at Wildwood! We were there for a sand soccer tournament with a thousand other youth soccer teams. Because we were renting with another family, we chose to stay across the street from Aqua Beach Hotel in their newer condo units, The Monarch. The unit was lovely and just perfect for us. The condo was very nicely decorated, super comfortable, fully stocked updated kitchen, washer and dryer, and very clean. Even though it was across the street, we had ocean views from the windows and the two balconies. There are two pools on the property and five gas grills. The location is perfect. We walked to all the events, but felt a bit removed from the craziness of all the action, which is much more our speed! Overall, we had a wonderful experience at the Aqua Beach Monarch & plan to stay there again next year for the tournament!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bbhigs4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Ligonier, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just got back from our one week stay at the Aqua Beach Resort, in Wildwood, NJ. This motel is a 5 star motel!! The room was lovely and very comfortable! The staff and housekeeping were the best I have seen in a long time. I also want to mention while you stay at this hotel, you must visit the Bagel Time Cafe for breakfast or lunch. The Food is amazing, and the cooks and waiters and waitresses are so friendly and kind! They made you feel like family and the food was like home style cooking! I will sincerely miss all of them. I would recommend the Aqua Beach resort to anyone looking for a great vacation getaway! This place is affordable and if offers so many activities in their vacation packages. My wife and I will be definitely stay here again next year!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!! I would stay in any one of them!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thompson, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great place to relax and enjoy the views! So close to eveything..the pool area is great, it would be nice if it could be larger but I understand why it can't. My room was very clean and spacious loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean.I got there early for check in but was allowed to use all the facility's until my check in time, very accomadating.The roof deck is awesome I didn't use it this time but enjoyed it last year when I stayed there. I have reservations already for a girls time away in August can't wait..

Room Tip: get a room not facing the pool!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bayonne, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The resort was beautiful good location to beach but a little far from main part of boardwalk we didn't mind the walk though. We booked the couple getaway we got two activities included as well as 2 days of breakfast at your choice of two locations and 1 full course dinner at your choice of about 9 restaurants which included salad, bread butter, entree, and dessert. The front desk was great and we were greeted with a bottle of wine with our package, we forgot upon checkout to ask and they did not check but we were suppose to receive a box of salt water taffy, they also had lots and lots of brochures for food and activities in the lobby.
The room setup was great i think we were in the belle king sized bed, kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, coffee pot, toaster and basic pots pans utensils and dishes. Sofa was a pullout and there was a good size table for four to eat at. Shower was large and bathroom was a very good size bigger then expected.
There was a fitness center we didn't use it, elevator, the upper roof cabana deck was really nice and quiet. Pool was very large with jacuzzi and they had a grill for families who wanted to BBQ.
Issues we noticed were our cell service which is normally pretty good was nonexistent in our room until we stepped out to use our phones, no wifi access in our room which was a little annoying, no iron was included which surprised me. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel it was nice clean and well furnished it did not look dingy or old at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in a location for wifi service our room had no wifi and no cellular coverage and w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time here when we went down for the weekend in May. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel has to be one of the best in the city. I have stayed at several places in Wildwood and this is easily my favorite so far. We stayed in the Bimini room, which we chose mainly for the jacuzzi. The room was clean and modern looking, unlike many of the hotels I have been at before. Additionally, we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast at their cafe which was convenient and delicious. Being just two blocks from the boardwalk, this was an unbeatable choice. We will be sure to go here again we we go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe P
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed at the Aqua Beach resort from Friday, April 26- Sunday, April 28 with one of the Spring Escape Weekend vacation packages. We are no strangers to Aqua Beach as I initially began staying in Wildwood Crest when my daughter was 4yrs old. My daughter is now 20yrs old. I estimate that I have probably stayed at other hotel properties maybe 5 occasions to date, while we have patronized Aqua Beach easily 90% of our visits to Wildwood Crest over the last 16yrs. The package was a great value for the money and the weather was quite agreeable. We checked in on time at 3pm and made our way to room #224. The accommodations were comfortable and the decor warm and inviting.

During our stay, breakfast was at Alosi's Bistro which was within walking distance. The cafe on the premise which usually opens for breakfast and lunch was closed; I believe renovations were ongoing. The getaway package included breakfast each morning per person, one dinner per person, an activity per person from both the gold and silver categories (see brochure or website for options), one bottle of wine and a box of salt water taffy.

The staff was polite and friendly. We did not encounter any issues during our stay. We already have reservations- another package deal, to return to Aqua Beach for five nights later this year in the off season.

***in the off season, we enjoy that the property is usually less occupied. (I do recall that there was a bus tour also at the property during the time we traveled. Also, bear in mind that some of the attractions may not be operating until the month of May***

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank nyu314
Bloomfield, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is our first time at the aqua beach, we love it the room is very nice and clean and very spacious. The laundry room so nice and convient and they have detergent. The pool and hot tub is also really nice. God willing we will be back again next year!

• Stayed May 2013
#27 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!