“Rude and not worth the money”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
New York
“Rude and not worth the money”
Reviewed April 4, 2008

We did stay in the condo's and did not have a better experience than those guests in the hotel! The front desk children (I will call them that because they acted that way) were rude to say the least. Every time we had a problem and there were many we were told they would get right on it. The elevators broke and we were told they would be fixed quickly...they were not. They decided to spray paint the parking garage while we were there and when we asked about our cars we were told oops! So we then had no where to park while they painted the garage. Then there was the rooms in the condo that were supposed to have king, queen and twin beds. They did not. They had 2 queen beds and a set of bunk beds. When we asked we were told that was what it was, they just give us the key as they are all privately owned. When asked about changing rooms because of the young twins we had with us and my fear of the bunk beds and them getting hurt we were told that we would have to pay more if we wanted to move. MORE THAN $700 per night we were already paying... give me a break. There were no child activities here either. The staff all around was so rude that we just wanted to leave. We would never ever go back. This place is not worth paying the price only to be treated like we were ignorant or requesting something that was not expected from such a resort.

3 Thank jcnic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My fiancee and I returned from our second, my third, trip to the Aqua Beach in April for the 50's salutes the 60's weekend. We paid something like 180 for the 2 of us for the weekend which included 2 nights stay, dinner one night, breakfast both mornings, and two activities, we only did one which was a Cape May Trolley Tour, fun and informative. We paid an extra 8 dollars to be upgraded to the Bimini Jacuzzi suite, but ended up in the upgraded jacuzzi suite oceanfront which should have been 80 dollars more. The room again was very nice and clean, VERY spacious for the 2 of us. The staff was great and very helpful, we would go in to the office to get brochures for stuff to do and ended up chatting with the front desk staff for about 20 minutes each night. The weekend itself was soo much fun, they had a little fair set up off the boardwalk with food and vendors and live music and a car show. We do have a little one on the way, so we are not sure but we would love to do it again next year and will only stay at 2 Crest hotels and the Aqua Beach is one!!

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank LFloodRN1
New York
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This hotel was better than my last t visit to Wildwood. Check in time took too long. The young kids who worked at the front desk was very immature. They did not know how to interact with the customers. The staff are alittle stand offish not a great help. But once I made it to my room It was nice and relaxing. The Band played very good music and the view over the pool was nice. The rooms are a little out dated but cozy. The lighting needs to be updated and made brighter. There was a huge lamp in our room. Didn't know if it should be on the dresser or on the floor and that was filthy. The toaster was not the cleanest. The aircondtioner made alot noise on a certain level. Some renovations needs to be done. But it is a great location to the boardwalk & Beach. Overall, I would stay at this motel again.

Stayed July 2007
NY
Reviewed August 22, 2007

We arrived there at 12pm but our room was not ready. Their sign stated that the rooms would be ready after 3pm, but the receptionist told us it should be ready by 1:30pm. We left and came back around 4pm but the room was still not ready - we were told that they have communication problems with the cleaning staff and that the cleaning staff recently had two days off a week instead of one which gave them 5 days instead of 6 to do their work every week. We were not interested in excuses!

We were surprised that the manager was not on site that whole day so we had to deal with the staff - college students who have no skills in dealing with the public and can be quite unprofessional when many customers demand the services they paid for (we were not the only ones without rooms ready).

We asked about the kids' activities of which they write about on their website. One receptionist told us that the kids' activities director "bailed out" on them in June. Later, another receptionist told us that the lifeguard was in charge of this. Needless to say, there were no children's activities on any of the 5 days we were there. We didn't think we'd want to use this particular service but it so happened that it rained every single day we were there and it would've been nice to have a back up for our 8-year old.

The room itself was categorized as deluxe - it faced the ocean, it had one room with a pool-out sofa, a tv, a table and a mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove top, sink, and some kitchen ware (which included a rusty toaster that we didn't touch). The other room had one double bed, one single bed, a tv, a dresser and a sink. We were happy with the layout.

But...

The carpet was stained and when I looked at the bed linen, they were stained also!!!! The sheets were wrinkled, as if someone had just slept there; my pillowcase had big white blotches on it - which I wouldn't have noticed if the pillow cases themselves were actually white! But they were a dirty greyish color, the color that your whites get after you wash them a million times without ever using any whiteners.

What I found surprising, was that there was nowhere to hang our wet bathing suits, towels, etc. - There was a fine if we hung them on the rails in front of our room!

And we paid $238/night for this poorly managed 'resort'!!

• Liked — I liked its proximity to the boardwalk and the ocean view.
  • Disliked — The management and the old, old, old, old, sheets and towels.
5 Thank mymrsbanu
Montville, NJ
Reviewed August 12, 2007

The place was OK, but NOTHING like the website portrays[--]. We were told that those images were of the condo rentals, and we could make an additional $750 deposit if we wanted to use one of the condo rooms, which were across the street away from the beach. We were also very disappointed to learn that we did not have access to the children's play area. We brought a 2 little children with us and based our hotel selection on the ammenities indicated on the site.

All in all, the beach was very nice and the staff were friendly, but the room was disappointing.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank montvillefamily
Newington
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We stayed at the Beachcrest Villa's, which is part of the AquaBeach hotel.

Pros:
The best thing about the unit we stayed in was that we had a washer and dryer in unit and we had 3 bedrooms - so that meant less arguments between children. Also, the hotel provides beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards to their guests free of charge. Our unit had an ocean view from the balcony.

Cons: (from the point of view of a mother of two young children)

No dead bolt on unit door.

Locks to sliders to the balcony didn't work.

We never received the proper number of towels (and when you're coming back from the beach with kids, everyone needs a shower pronto).

Never received refills on toilet paper or tissues - so after the first day we were in trouble and had to wait 1 hour before receiving refills and even then they only brought one roll.

The hotel had stained linens (pillow cases, sheets, towels). It was gross.

When I called the front desk (from my cell phone since they didn't have a line directly to the desk), I was met with a man burping into the phone - and then he didn't even say excuse me.

They promise a newspaper everyday, but you have to cross the street to the main hotel and go and get one yourself from the lobby. (who wants to do that before drinking your coffee in the morning).

• Liked — washer and dryer in room (but we paid a premium for that convenience)
  • Disliked — customer service received/provided was below average for the cost of accomodations
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Gammasig
Western Ma
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I must start off by saying that we are not fussy travelers. We (spouse & 2 kids 9&11) have stayed in a couple of real "dives" and we just make the best of it. I am not one to write a review or a complaint. This "resort" totally misrepresent's itself on both the brochure and even more so on the website. When you go online, on the aquabeach.com site the introduction talks about the upgrades with "4 pools" "hamock area's" "BBQ areas'. When I questioned as to those ammenities I was told that "those are for the Condos only" and not availble to the "hotel client's". I brought this to the front staff attention and was told that "you are staying in the hotel" "that is for the individually owned condos". Nowhere in the brochure or website does it reveal this fact. The website leads you to believe that it is "all inclusive"
Upon arrival we were not able to find parking as the lot was full and the only two empty spots were being taken up by individuals "sunning" themselves with their chairs and coolers while listening to the boom box and watching their freinds playing football in the parking lot.
Once inside we were told that the room would not be ready until 3:00 (which is funny since I reserved the room for the day before our arrival but decided to leave one day later) how the room was occupied is beyond me.
We then returned at 2:00 and waited in the very nice lobby. There were two YOUNG men working the desk. Our family was clearly visable to them and we watched and listened to them as time after time they would mock the guests as they left the lobby (including remarks of sexual & racial in nature). We also learned that both men had hangovers and had gone out the night prior and blah blah blah. The hotel itself was FILTHY!!! Growing more and more uncomfartable with the lack of professionalism I went accross the parking lot to the Adventurer hotel where I was greated by a very nice women who informed us that they would have a room available starting Weds (this was Sun) and would I like to see a similair room before booking. (One women who asked at the Aquabeach to see a room before paying upfront was told she could not".)
We ended up going to Cape May and were lucky enough to find a place that could accomadate our stay. When I called the aquabeach to cancel I was told very rudely I would lose my $200.00 deposit (which was fine by me). When the gentleman (I use the word loosly) asked as to why we were cancelling I told him of the misrepresentation and lack of his professionalism. He never apoligized or attempted to get us to stay. I will be contacting the BBB regarding the misrepresentation of facilities.

• Liked — The location and lobby
  • Disliked — The misrepresentation of facilities and unprofessional staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank mother0f3
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#22 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!