“Ok, if you don't care about daily maid service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Branchburg, New Jersey
“Ok, if you don't care about daily maid service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great location at the end of the boardwalk and to tram stop. Clean room but maid service only came twice in our 5 night stay. We were told by front desk that the "Need maid service" sign was misunderstood by the staff . Really. No counter space in bathroom as it has a pedestal sink. We used the sides of the "spa" . By the way the spa did not work. Called front desk for maintenance but they never came. Bed and pull out were comfortable. AC was good. Floors were kind of dirty but hey the beach is right outside. Restaurant is passable. Many other good restauarants in Wildwood to drive to like Uncle Bill's , Bandanas, Marvis and Dragon House. The cabana on the top floor is nice but allows smoking so go when it's not busy . In the middle of the day was quiet up there. Once the smokers came up, I hated it and had to leave. Also, the hotel does not enforce the non smoking. There were smokers outside our room. I don't think we would stay here again. Overall , Wildwood is a friendly town, but not so much at Aqua Beach. Might try the Adventurer next door next time... We stayed in August of 2012.

Room Tip: Quiet room on the 1st floor ocean side But no view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just got home from a 4 day stay at Aqua Beach...Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay at this place..

I stayed at this place with 2 other parties, so we had 3 rooms altogether.. Every room was dirty and sub-par.

- Each room had a musty, moldy smell to them.

- Carpets looked like they weren't vacuumed in forever. (Note: I was sitting on the terrace when housekeeping arrived to clean the room. She asked me if I wanted the room vacuumed. Why wouldn't I? There was sand in the carpet from the beach.)

- 2 of the burners on the oven in my room didn't work.

- the refrigerator was missing in one of the rooms of my party and had to brought up by maintenance.

- The glass slider which led to the terrace was off track and required a certain degree of finesse to open it.

- Bathrooms in ALL 3 rooms were dirty, and moldy. The white floor mat for the shower in my bathroom was worn and dirty. There was hair in the shower drain, on the wall and on the toilet. Just gross. (Toilet also overflowed) We purchased Lysol and hand sanitizer

- Bed linens felt dirty, and decor was like something out of the 80's.

On a side note, the room next to me had an issue with the lock/card reader not working. This required 4 maintenance ppl to fix and took a day to complete. The door to this room remained opened all night long, door ajar with the deadlock open so they weren't locked out of it.

This was an utter disappointment. I read some of the other reviews before I posted this, and noticed some of the patronizing responses from some guy named Mark Myland, who is affiliated with Aqua Beach. I really don't care that your renovating this place or how much money your investing on the pool and some of the rooms. You have a housekeeping department. Is it that bad of an idea or too much to ask to have them spend a little more time to clean the rooms properly? A LOT of ppl reviewing the rooms said they were filthy. You should focus on the basics of the rooms not yet renovated. I mean, the housekeepers are in there every day.

Anyways, needless to say, I won't be back. Don't stay in this place...you'll regret it!

5 Thank EddieZ555
Endwell, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed at the Aquabeach for 3 nights in August 2012. Almost wanted to leave at check-in after dealing with the very rude, tall, young man at the counter..Pool area is very nice as well as the sun deck. But the rest of the property and room was dirty and run down. The room was way overpriced for the condition and view we had.We had no towels in the bathroom at check-in...I told housekeeping but no one came back with any. My husband went to the front desk and the clerk told him to get them himself out of a designated cabinet. I won't ever stay there again....

1 Thank Marie M
Wayne, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I just completed by five day stay at the Aqua Frat House. I was very dissappointed, as the Hotel informed me that they did not rent the room to any one under 25!! Well let me tell you they lied and decieved me. During the afternoon a mauruding group of college punks took over the pool and jacuzzi area. They were out of control, loud and were drinking excessively and doing other crude things in the hot tub. This was all in the precense of my younger son. When I lodged this complaint managent was rude, and was upset and told me that they were looking into it!!

I would never stay here again. If you are looking for an overpriced, party place then Aqua Beach is for you.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!
2 Thank Thomas M
Livingston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was expecting a "higher end" Wildwood Crest hotel. Unfortunately, I felt like I was in Wildwood. Although some of the rooms are renovated, the entire place feels dated. We stayed in a renovated room and there was a leak in the bathroom. There was no shelving or cabinets in the bathroom, which made it difficult to get ready in the oversized space. What a waste! Also, the male front desk help was extremely rude! The bedding was old and did not give me a totally clean feel. I liked the tile floors and flat screen tv - that was about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa D
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had an excellent condo stay with Aqua beach resort earlier this summer and going back to stay at the hotel for our anniversary in September. Condo was clean, fully loaded and updated. Location is great. Pools are spacious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montvale, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just returned from 4 day stay at Aquabeach and were not impressed especially after all the hype that the rooms were remodeled. Really??? The only positive was the location of the resort since it's close to both the beach and boardwalk. I thought the staff was extremely unresponsive to my concerns and didn't give me the time of day when I voiced them. Apparently, when the rooms were renovated they forgot to put in phone jacks; hence the phones do not work which poses a danger since each room has a kitchenette. You also don't have the convenience of calling the front desk should you have a quesition. Expected a lot more for the $ I spent and won't be back. Did I mention how uncomfortable the beds were? I think they should stop advertising that the rooms were just renovated because you would NEVER know it.

1 Thank Vicki W
#27 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#10 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!