“Family Vacations”

Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Belleville, NJ
“Family Vacations”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Convenient location for families with children, no matter what age. We were 5 families in 4 Alexander rooms and 1 Cayman. Hotel is ocean front. You don't need transportation to the boardwalk, Spent a week poolside and booked again for next year!
Flat screen tvs were installed this year. Rooms are clean, staff is very friendly and polite. Spent quite a bit of time on the rooftop with plenty of hammocks to relax on. Every year something gets renovated, Hoping for tile floors in the rooms next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Yonkers
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights this past weekend. The front desk staff were friendly. The check in and check out process was quick and efficient. The room we had was the Jade and it was okay. The bed and pillows weren't very comfy. I think that all motels/hotels on beaches should remove all carpeting and have tile flooring. That way you eliminate the gross factor of the carpets cleanliness. I was a bit surprise that they charged for ice, not something I have ever encountered before. Very convenient to Boardwalk. Might consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Just remember it's a motel.
Westtown, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2012

So this is our 7th year staying at the Aqua Beach. Location is ideal. right off the beach and 1 block from the boardwalk. Prices are still a bit steep. The hotel is clean, the pool is nice and has just been renovated. Being a parent of three kids, of course its a chore to go away and pack all the stuff, chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards etc. So what was a great perk to staying here was not having to always bring all that stuff because they "used to" have this as part of their amenities. Thats not the case anymore. I guess a few bad apples had to go and spoil it for the rest of it and they no longer offer the free chairs, boogie boards and umbrellas. And I found out the hard way because I didn't pack some of that stuff on my last trip there. Which ended up costing me a new umbrella. My other pet peeve is the mattresses, they really need to up grade. It was like sleeping on a rock. Other than that its still one of the nicer hotels. We also took a dinner cruise on the Atlantic Star. Lots of fun, food was good and the kids were entertained. Def. recommend it.

Room Tip: The Alexandria is a great room for families of 5, there are two full beds and a pull out couch.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After Reading the mixed reviews, I DIDN"T KNOW What to think. We just came back from a 5 day 4 night stay at Aquabeach.Location was good. very close to the board walk. but not the part of the -board walk that matters,if thats what your looking for, thats not good. Staff is very freiendly contrary to all the bad reviews. Roof top was very nice and so was the pool. It was close to the beach. HOWEVER, I expected at lot more from the room itself then what we recieved. I'm going to upload pictures. I have seen management come back on many of the reviews. so i brought proof with me. Shower was broken. took 2 days to fix. Thank you Joe, if it was for the other maintance man, i would have come home dirty. Plaster on bathroom walls, dirty bathroom floor, was actually gross and i asked for it to be cleaned better but that fell on deaf ears. The carpet was gross. The furniture was destroyed and I stayed in 2 different Jade rooms both with the same stuff.. with tax a night it came to 276. I would have thought the the room should have been alot cleaner expecially since the claim to have just been redone. The Hotel itself looks Tired. There is a sign that said please pardon our apperance and we are renovating. But that does not pertain to the room. This would have been a different review completly had the room just been presentable. and clean. Dirty is not what i expect in a resort/ hotel experience. expecially for 276 a night.. Oh yea and the beds are broken, Worst night sleep ever. BLAH stayed in room 308 adn 312.

1 Thank sandrina_freitas
north jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have been staying there for about 5-6 years now every summer. Right on the beach, 2 blocks from the boardwalk.
The staff has always been efficient and polite. Rates are comparative with the other hotels in the area.
the renovated pool and spa are awesome.
The rooms are nicely laid out. We usually get the Indies suite on the ground floor facing the beach. Just cross the small street and you are there on the sand.
There is a small gym there as well.
There is a small on site restaurant. The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. As per the sign that was up the Duffinetti family is in charge of the cooking there now. We miss the old Duffinetti's restaurant that closed up a couple of years ago.
While it is a great place all is not perfect. The main concerns are that the floors even though they look clean, if you walk around in bare feet or socks they will be black on the bottom. Also on the ocean facing rooms they really need to install curtains or drapes as the early sunrise comes right through the blinds. Thats great if you are an early riser, but if you want to sleep in a bit, not so great.
Parking can also be a bit troublesome at times, but that is the same at all of the hotels down there as well.
All in all a more than respectable hotel, great staff and great location!
We will definitely be back again next July!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This has not been our first time stay at Aqua Beach Condo's. I have enjoyed the service received by the staff, the appearance of hotel and condo's. The pools at both Aqua Beach hotel and Beach crest Condo's were clean and very relaxing. I enjoyed being able to cook on the grill and relax. I will definitely return to Aqua Beach and I would love to try out the Monarch Condo's on our next return

Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of July. Although the pool was very nice and so was the location, the rooms need to be overhauled. I understand that they are in the middle of renovating ( there was a new flat screen tv when we got home one day) but then the prices should reflect that. The room that we stayed in was a one bedroom but was certainly not worth the almost 300 per night that we paid. It was a bit tired and old and had a weird smell to it. If I had paid 100 a night for it that would be one thing, but for 300 a night, I would like to not feel sceeved when I sit on the furniture. My husband and I went to Crystal Springs a few weeks back and I compare it to that. There, it felt like we were the first people to use the room. At Aqua Beach, it felt as if hundreds of people had stayed there before us. They were both about the same price. Next time, we will look into a condo.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a more renovated room. Although that might just mean that there is a new tv in it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#3 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#22 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!