“Simply Amazing time. See you again next year!!!”
Review of Aqua Beach Resort

Aqua Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Another great stay at Wildwood Crest and Aqua Beach. The staff has to be one of the most amazing and accommodating ever (Thank you so much to the weekend staff especially Emmy, she was wonderful and one of the best people that I have ever met. For those that have said the staff was rude, I have no idea what you are talking about, they went out of their way to get the grills to work, and even got us baking sheets if the grills didn't work. We also had 15+ people in our family staying there). I have been here twice now and every time I come here it gets better. I love how close it is to the boardwalk, and to the beach. The location is perfect, the new hot tub is awesome and the pool is amazing. Our room was clean and they cleaning staff made sure it stayed that way. And the hammocks on the roof was the perfect way to round out the day and relax. When we started coming to the Crest four years ago we were staying at another hotel (which is great) but ever since we had family stay at Aqua Beach and they loved it we have been coming back and we would not have it any way.

Don't listen to the bad reviews.. Because you will not know until you have been there yourself, and believe me I am 150% satisfied with EVERYTHING about Aqua Beach. You guys rock.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cherie930
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed April 25, 2012

They never informed us that no matter when you cancel, even if it's less than 24 hours after booking it, you are still charged a fee. They don't tell you this when you book it, only afterwards. Bad business, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Annoyed_traveler_12
Management005, Manager at Aqua Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

This review is also false. Our policies are not only confirmed when making a reservation, but also prior to any credit card charges are confirmed, and also with a confirmation.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have been taking family trips to Wildwood for many years. Usually we stay with friends but this past summer due to work schedule issues we were unable. Thank goodness Aqua had a last minute cancellation, as most hotels were booked. The room was very large, had a king bed with a pull out queen sleeper sofa, ocean front, efficency kitchen and very large bathroom. It was clean. But nothing about the room, the pool, the building, ect made it worth a 5 star rating. I would give it a 3-3.5 star. Like I said, the room was very large, plenty of elbow room for all 4 of us and it was very clean. I also loved that you could borrow beach chairs and umbrellas at the front desk. That was a great unexpected perk. However, it was a little hard on the wallet, probably one of the top 10 most expensive places to stay in Wildwood.

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth it if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank calm1201
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Originally, I had my doubts about staying in Wildwood Crest, but after staying at Aqua Beach I've taken a new perspective. Upon arrival we expected to see out of style furnishing and retro-esque room layouts, as advertised and assumed, but after seeing the room itself, I was pleasantly surprised. However, we knew that during our stay we would be transferred into a different room, which we expected to be a hassle, and worried that the new room was as advertised. I couldn't have been more wrong. The front desk staff was more than helpful with making the transfer quick and easy, while housekeeping was very understanding. Yet one of my few complaints is about the actual maids. When I asked if one of the housekeepers would mind servicing my room when I saw her outside my room, she scowled at me and nodded yes. When I returned to my room later that night, I noticed I needed fresh towels, so I went down to the front desk where Jon, Tony, Alex, and Dana were all quite helpuful. Another warning, when transferring; keep your cell phone near you at all times!!! When checking out there was a minor problem with my bill. I was charged more than the exact price for my Largo room. Alfreda was quick in helping me get what I was owed back. Overall a great stay though. There were few problems and I really loved the bikers and the beach!!!

Room Tip: Ask for anything renovated above the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tom f
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Aqua Beach has their web site divided into different catagories. We chose a three bedroom condo on Buttercup Ave, behind the Aqua Beach resort. It was spectacular! Although we didnt have a direct view of the ocean, while standing on the balcony you could get a glimpse. The pools (kiddie and adult) were clean and inviting but had a hard time getting them to open it at the posted time in the morning. Also the second day no one came to clean the condo and the third they didn't come until 3:00. Even with these small inconveniences our stay was one of the best we've ever had and will def stay there next year!

Room Tip: remember these condos are individually owned...ours was beautiful Condo number 203 in the Monarch
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank robinsocialworker
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed at Aqua Beach resort the day after Irene until 9/2. We booked the stay 5 days for the price of 4 & lost out on the free day because of Irene (no refunds & couldn't extend a day per the hotel which was unfortunate). We had a Bimini room. It appears to have been recently re-done & the decor was pleasant. It was pool side/view. We were right by the entrance gate to the pool which is very loud but since we were up early most days we didn't mind to much. Our room was very nice and clean. Many rooms at the shore get that musty odor but ours was fine & housekeeping used a nice smelling cleanser. Housekeeping staff did a great job daily making up our room, cleaning, and sweeping the sand we drug in. The room was spacious with a small fridge, microwave and comfortable king sized bed. The decor was nice. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no areas on or around the sink to put stuff (like your toothbrush, toothpaste etc). Our jacuzzi tub was sluggish but we only used it once. It was also cleaned daily by housekeeping. The 5th floor Cabana was wonderful. Not many people utilized it but we sure did to lay out, relax, and have a drink. We found it to be very relaxing. It has a nice view & a water mist. It was one of the best attributes! The staff we encountered were all friendly. We didn't have to call or go to the front desk for anything so I cannot comment on the customer service. We had no issues with our room and had an exceptional stay & plan on staying again next year and possibly planning to rent one of their suites/condos! Great time!

Room Tip: Bimini room is Perfect for two.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mugsy1976
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Went to wildwood with the lowest expectations from this hotel...and u know what??? its not that bad at all, the room we stayed at is the largo its just as pictured on the website, it was really clean and smelled really good, great view, very good sevice the lobby was super clean and also smelled really good. Overall, i really liked the hotel, the room was title i made sure it was when booking because i didint want my kids stepping on carpet even tough the room is more expensive is worth it, i mean como'n carpet? of course its dirty and let me tell you the 90% of the hotels in wildwood have carpet this is one of the few that offers title rooms. I really love the pool area my kids really enjoyed the trip so did the rest of the family we sure will b comming back next summer!!!!!!

Room Tip: just stop being cheap and upgrade for a title room, carpet rooms not as good and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family