“It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!!!!!!!”

Waikiki Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been vacationing with my family in Wildwood for 35 years and the Waikiki is my very favorite hotel. Not only is the location simply the best, oceanfront, quiet, not too far from the boardwalk but the staff and ownership are so welcoming and accommodating. I stay here a few times a year and I always cannot wait to return. See you soon Waikiki.

Room Tip: Higher floors, oeanview. The views of the ocean and beach are stunning. I even saw dolphins swimmi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This review is coming from a person that has gone to Wildwood for at least a long weekend for the past 14 years. The whole family loves Wildwood in the summer. I've probably stayed in 7 or 8 of the hotels in Wildwood Crest over the years. Waikiki in my mind rates on the higher level of the others I have stayed at. Clean, new working nice gas grills, beautiful deck with top end beach/pool chairs that have sun shade covers, flat screen TVs. We had a bedroom (2 decently comfortable double beds) with decent size kitchenette and a decent pull out double sofa bed. I'm not a big pool person when I have the beach but the kids liked the pool. Very good, reasonably priced breakfast café on the 6th floor was nice. Only negative (small) I have is the motel office needs to open earlier in the summer than 8:30am. We were up at 6:30am to check out and didn't know what to do with our keys (had $10 key deposit as well). We ended up giving the keys to the café person on the 6th floor which is no problem but we had to walk around not knowing what to do for a few minutes before we figured that out.

Its location is ideal. Its close enough that you can walk to the beginning of the boardwalk (maybe 1/3 mile), but far enough that its a little more quiet.

I will likely book this place again next summer.

Sven

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sven L
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family and I stay at the Waikiki every year. We have had nothing but a positive experience with the hotel and the staff which has always been friendly. We brought friends this year who has done nothing but rave about the Waikiki and all are booked for next year already. Even with multiple vehicles such as motorcycles and trailers we were accommodated with no problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MidgeGrant
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed on June 18th and arrived about 3 hours before check-in. We were given our room keys right away. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that prior to our arrival, the staff had pushed the beds together in our room to better accomodate our 4 year old. We got into our bathing suits and were on the beach within minutes of arriving. After spending most of the day on the beach, we retreated to the pool which was clean and not crowded. Other guests were polite. Our room was generously sized and appeared as though it had just been renovated. Not a scuff or scratch on the walls or furniture. The beds were comfortable as well. We will come back soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rmtaylor78
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This place was clean. Very friendly. Family oriented, on the beach, bike/walking trail right there. Great pool and great deck. We will definitely go again! Love love loved it! Plenty to do or just relax. Wonderful beaches. Close to anything you want with plenty of restaurants.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debbieannes
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This past weekend my family stayed here for Father's Day! We had a great room on the second floor. The view of the beach was fabulous. The sun deck on the second floor is the perfect spot anytime of day. My two children enjoyed the heated pool which was thoroughly cleaned every morning. My husband and I enjoyed the location which is right on the beach. We had a wonderful breakfast upstairs in the cafe. We were with five other families and the staff was very accommodating in getting all of our rooms together. My family and one other actually decided to last minute stay another day and the staff at the front desk was very helpful. I see some say they are rude...I disagree. They tell you what they have and you either want it or you don't!
Many good places to eat in walking distance. Boardwalk is very close as well as bike rentals. We even took a quick ride into cape may for an afternoon. Such a great weekend for all of our families!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Kteacher0622
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Waikiki and it was great! Couples be aware this is a family oriented motel, but most places down here are. It is right on the beach and is a walkable distance to the boardwalk and bike rentals. We had one of the oceanfront suites which made it a romantic vacation. The only negative I have to comment about is the front office staff. Even over the phone they are a bit rude, but we didn't let that bother us. Bottom line is that this motel is great and we look forward to coming back again!!

• Stayed: June 2014