“Very Nice Stay!”

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Hockessin, Delaware
“Very Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family stayed here the last weekend in June and we all enjoyed our stay. Nice location right on the beach, quiet, family atmosphere. I called to add a night to the beginning of our stay and although they did not have our room for the rest of the weekend they could give us, they put us in a comparable room for the night. But what I was impressed with is that the room we were moving too the next day, they made sure to clean it first thing and told me to call in the morning when we were ready to move. It was indeed ready right away and it was an easy move all around 9:00 am so we didn't have to wait around to change rooms all day and were able to enjoy the beach! Both rooms we found clean. The owners and all staff were very nice. My only complaint is about their upstairs cafe. They said they were open for breakfast and lunch, however our second day we went up for lunch and found it closed. :(

1 Thank MinnieGi

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been staying at the Waikiki for nearly 10 years.. the same week in June my husband's family has a short getaway to Wildwood. Every year, we have a great time. Every year, there is a new upgrade/renovation done. The owners really take pride in the hotel!

We get an efficiency room, where the bedroom is separate. Refridgerator, stove top and kitchen with dishes/utensils. Saves alot on eating out - especially for lunch! We had breakfast at the cafe, which was included in our rate. They have a nice outdoor seating area which we usually try to sit in. The weekend we were there, the Elks were in town so the restaurant was pretty crowded. I think this was the first time we had bad service there.

The pool is heated and clean. Never seems too crowded and there's lots of chairs around it or just up a flight of steps on the deck.

The beach is steps away... though Wildwood has one of the widest beaches in New Jersey, the water seems 1/2 mile away!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families.

3 Thank keltik01
Hazlet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Totally stressed from life we booked 3 nights at the Waikiki inn in an oceanfront room. It was heaven!! Two big rooms with a king size bed private oceanfront balcony and an incredible view from anywhere! Two big sun decks with amazing sun chairs which I will post picture of , a nice pool and steps from a beautiful beach!! Did I mention heaven?!! I am on a special diet so we were able to bring all our own food and grill while we were relaxing on the sun deck. There's always someone walking around to help you and to keep everything perfectly clean even the grills and also to help in any way!! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jrsyshore54
Levittown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went down for Memorial Day weekend with my family. We had two different types of rooms and they were both outstanding. They were clean and in perfect condition the beds were great and the bathrooms were clean. The staff was helpful. The Cafe was convenient for breakfast and the staff and cook were awesome. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elliew524
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was trying to reserve a room for my parents 2(!) months in advance. The girl on the phone accepted my reservation, then she called me back and was excitedto suggest me the room on the first floor, seems perfect for y parents (she failed to mention they have an elevator). When I asked about other options - she told me that this is the only room they can spend two weeks in a row. Other variants - is to move from one room to another. This was TWO months in advance!
I decided to take one on the first floor and sent them my deposit.
When we arrived - the room was one step from the pool. How do you think isn't that great for the parents who wants to spend the vacation in a quiet place. The parking lot was not that far from their windows. So isn't it your dream vacation - to sleep in the pool near the parking lot and to breathe the bleach. the room itself was in a very bad condition.
And moreover - I was told - it is completely my fault, since I agreed to reserve this room by phone. Please see above, that I HAD to reserve it. I never received my deposit back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank touristfromlala
Peekskillskill, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I just returned from a weeks long stay at the Waikiki. As a lifelong vacationer of Wildwood, this is the first time I've stayed in a hotel, as I usually stay with family in the area. With so many hotels to choose from, I have to say I was extremely happy with the Waikiki. I stayed in a Type D style room which had a kitchenette included. The room was very clean and spacious and had most everything I needed to prepare meals. The bathroom was beautiful, as I understand they were just redone. The staff was very pleasant and courteous and willing to do everything they could to make my stay a great one. The location couldn't be better. Only a short walk to the boardwalk but far enough for a peaceful night. With its great location, you have the best of both worlds to choose from "the pool" or "the ocean". The hotel decks have great lounge chairs and tables looking directly at the ocean and even propane grills for grilling!!! I can say that my experience at the Waikiki was a great one!!! I wasn't disappointed with a thing!! Thank you Waikiki for making my stay a memorable one. Already booked for next year!

Lisa - A New Waikiki Fan!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is good. We liked it. It was clean. Great location. Stayed with wife and 2 children. The restaurant is good. Short walk to boardwalk but far enogh away to avoid the freaks. It was nice. Pool is not very large. Beach is close.

1 Thank Rizzo19101