“lousy”

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Bronx, New York
“lousy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

i am so glad that othe ppl l were as disapoiinted as i was when i was there the manager was rude n nasty all she did was complain n whine her son in law was staying there and she allowed him to put his motorcycle in the reception area over night which was a fire hazzard because of the fact that it stores gasoline they put all our lives in danger should there had been a fire that is crazy n unbeleivable the exeprience we had iinstead of trying to make things better between customers n staff she made it worst she soke to us like we were children horrible time lousy vaction she said she didn't want us there next year not to worry we will not spending our hard earn cash here

Room Tip: dont recommend it
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank LIBRA1005

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Peeling carpets sticky bathroom floor rusty bathroom very rude front desk personel and hairs in the bed need I say more? Do not stay here its money down the toilet. Ive been going Wildwood crest for decades Ive stayed at the compass the shalimar the armada never had a bad time becuase of a hotel until I stayed at the waikiki the owners/managers do not care about you which is evident by the rooms falling apart that look like they where from 1975 and their insanely rude demeanor.

Room Tip: Go to the shalimar not this dump
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank steven d
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

so me and a couple of my friends go down to wildwood for the firemens convention and are so excited. the first night was a blast drinking and music blaring till 5 in the morning. no complaints from us or anyone in the hotel. 8:00 the next morning both our rooms are barmbarded with house phone calls even though the hotel has all our cell phone numbers... being hungover and sleeping no one answered the phone so the front desk had someone from the fire department that was staying at the same hotel break into our rooms pull us out of bed and tell us we need to get our butts downstairs to talk to the lady at the front desk cause she is pissed about the night before. having no idea what it's about me and 2 of the guys go downstairs to talk to the old woman behind the counter. as soon as we walk in the office she starts screaming at us about all the complaints she got this morning about how loud we were the night before telling us she is kicking us out and then ends up not. no one is allowed to visit and we aren't allowed to speak or turn on any electronics for the next 2 nights or we will be kicked out. literally worst customer service I have ever endured. this place is a piece of lard and so is the management. I will never come back here and I suggest no one ever come bring the wicked witch any customers either.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank jnjnni
Pembroke, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I can't knock it, nor can I praise it. It is what it is...a beach hotel. You know what you're going to get with one. A higher than average price (you're paying to be on the beach) and a slightly less than average hotel stay.

Don't get me wrong, we had a nice stay. The front desk staff was very nice and gave us some helpful recommendations. They even provided us with an extension cord (no questions, no charge). But the rooms do need some updating (I think our bathroom was last updated in the 1950's). However, the place was clean and well run.

We had the F1 room so we had a back bedroom which added to our privacy. Our view of the ocean was to the side, but no complaints here. We had a bigger room than most people and we could still see the ocean, so I think we had the best of both worlds.

It is a very family-oriented hotel, so expect a LOT of family activity...and by that I mean that it seems that there are a few very large families that sort of take over a floor or group of rooms. They also seem to take over the pool area, right down to putting their towels on the chaises early in the morning to "reserve" them for the day. But what did I care? I was there for the beach. There's plenty of that to go around.

It may also get a little noisy early in the evenings and such as the families take over the common areas (BBQ, pool, balconies - which are shared along the side of motel), but by 11 or so it's a pretty quiet place.

The only other knock is the tight parking. While they say there is a parking space per room, I'm guessing that there may be a few guests that bring an additional car.

Would we go back...certainly. It's a nice play to stay, it's very clean and the access to the beach is within a few steps. If you're looking for the boardwalk, you might want to go north a couple extra blocks, or you can stay in this area and get the extra exercise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbozman
North Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were not sure where to stay. We called them and the woman who answered was so helpful. She took the time to show us around. Told us where to go, where not to go and gave us a list of things we could do with the kids. My kids loved their heated pool and access to the beach. My wife loved the parking as it is ample. In reading the other reviews, I think they must have stayed at another hotel, because it simply wasnt true. I was shocked to see things like "overpriced." It simply is not overpriced. It is certainly competitive and you get more. I think we got a nice full breakfast every morning too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Union, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed in the Ocean front A2 room (King sized bed private balcony) and it was ok. The view of the beach was great! The room/hotel needs updating. Kiddie pool is very small and the room seemed like it needed a little cleaning. However, the location is great and very family friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at the Waikiki 10 years ago and decided to go back. Boy we are glad we did! We stayed in an ocean front room and the room and view were great! The rooms were large and had a lot of room to move around in. The balcony had a great view of the bike path and beach. The rooms were so quite that you wouldn't know you had neighbors. The front desk ladies were very nice and made us feel at home as soon as we got in the first time. I'd definitly recomend coming here. This place has been one of my favorite place to stay in Wildwood! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family