“Home away from home!”
other travelers have booked this property
  Side Porch -Buttercup Rd  Kitchen
Front Porch
Living Room
Middle Bedroom
Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

rchlcr571
Wilmington, Delaware
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this condo. We loved having a full kitchen to cook meals and the spacious deck was great to eat and relax! The weather was too windy for the beach during the second half of the week, sand was blowing everywhere, so we were extremely grateful to have the pool available! The kids spent most of their time there. I can't stress enough the convienence of the location to the beach, boardwalk, grocery store, we walked everywhere!! Also, the convienence of having a rental stocked with beach chairs, beach toys, carts, boogie boards. Very nice gesture from the owner. We look forward to returning next year!

Date of stay: June 2017
Aug 26, 2017
Rachel, thanks for letting me know how much you enjoyed your stay at our Wildwood Crest condo. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay. I also appreciate how nice you left the unit. Please let me know if you would like to reserve a week next year Have a great winter!

donnalo4
Wayne, New Jersey
“Excellent location...very clean and pleasant”
Reviewed August 22, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We have had family vacations near this location for the past 50 years and we were not disappointed with this find! We were greeted at this new location by Kathy, a wonderful and very accommodating owner, At the outset, she was concerned for our comfort and satisfaction. The condo was very clean and we particularly enjoyed the porch when we were not spending time at the beach. Will be happy to return to this comfortable condo!

Date of stay: July 2017
Aug 23, 2017
Donna, thank you so much. We are always so happy that our guests time at our place was enjoyed by their family. Please let me know if there is anything we can improve upon, to make your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you and your family next year.

rjj0713
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Outstanding!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This is our favorite vacation location. The cleanliness and warm atmosphere is perfect for us. The stunning beach and boardwalk are 2 blocks away with easy access. The wrap around porch is our favorite place to sit out at night and take in the ocean air. The heated pool was always clean and well maintained. We can't wait to come back next year!

Date of stay: May 2017
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks Jason & Gloria, I appreciate your taking the time to talk about your time at our condo. I'm happy you feel at home at our place, since that is our goal. Please let me know if I can reserve a week for you for next summer.
Dennis G
Coatesville, PA, United States
“Cozy condo with comfy porch and ocean view”
Reviewed August 20, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Our family has stayed at this Condo for 3 years. It is clean, fully stocked, and sleeps approximately six people. The beds are very comfortable. The condo is very convenient to the beach, boardwalk, and various attractions at Wildwood which are all within walking distance. The owner is very helpful and wants her guests to have an enjoyable experience. The best features are the pool and the spacious porch where we spend most of our time. We particularly enjoy playing games and eating our meals on the porch as well as watching the sun rise. The pool area is also kept clean and has a shower and grill which can be used as well. We keep returning to this condo because we enjoy the overall experience. Thank you Kathy for your hospitality!

Date of stay: June 2017
Aug 21, 2017
Dennis & Maryanne, thank you for your kind words. I love that you guys come back year after year. It makes me happy that you enjoy our place so much. Also, I appreciate that you leave our condo so clean whenever you are there. I already have you booked for the summer of 2018. Thanks again!
Enrique B
Oswego, New York
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

A friend and I rented this place in August of 2017. We both had our kids, for a total of 5. The place is advertised as accommodating up to 7 but it was already fairly crowded at 5. So it's definitely on the small side with each bedroom being pretty densely packed. There was a roll-out bed but no place to put it in any of the bedrooms. So my son ended up sleeping on the "living room" couch all week. The living room being pretty small as well, it meant that he would constantly be subject to late-night/early-morning traffic in very close quarters. Not really great for him. **Note that since I was with a friend, however, both of us ended up using 2 of the 3 bedrooms. A "couple" would use a single bedroom, leaving that other bedroom for a 3rd kid, for instance. So keep that in mind.

I was surprised to read other reviews raving about how clean the place was. Maybe our expectations were too high, but we all pretty much agreed that this place was really not all that clean. Maybe because those reviews tend to be a little older and the place hasn't been maintained as much in recent years?? I'm not really sure. But the bathroom/shower, most of all, definitely needs a good update. It wasn't particularly pleasant to take a shower there.

A couple more negative comments, unfortunately. The deck was very large, which was great. But unlike what the pictures show, it was covered with large rugs. When they were dry, they were fine. But after a rainy day, they would get soaked and would take over a day to dry out. The feeling of walking on a soaked rug was also not very pleasant, to say the least. It's also probably not great for the wood either.

And finally, although it says that all sorts of beach items are included, many were broken and useless. For instance, we couldn't find a good umbrella set out of the 4-5 in the rack. They were all broken and we ended up having to rent them at the beach. The strollers and carrying carts also all seemed to be in pretty bad shape and we never even tried to use them.

Now, ON THE POSITIVE SIDE.

The place IS close to the beach and boardwalk. We pretty much left our cars parked all week, except for the occasional activities we went to. The beach chairs were all great and in very good condition, as well as the surf boards. And there were plenty of those. We also ended up using the condo pool a lot more than we ever expected. Both of our families had a great time there.

I will end with some personal suggestions. If this was my place, I'd repaint the whole thing white and remove any "personal" items. The white paint would brighten up an otherwise very dark condo. I'd redo the whole bathroom, removing the wooden floors and replacing it with tiles. I would also remove half the stuff in the condo, since the place is already crammed up. Many items were just using needed space. Especially on the deck; I'd get rid of all these broken items and racks and shelves and, most importantly, I'd remove those rugs!

I don't like writing too bad of a review, especially when it can substantially hurt the owner. This place could be really nice but it currently needs some attention. As it is right now, It doesn't look like the pictures above anymore.

Date of stay: August 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 16, 2017
Enrique, I am really sorry that you were not as happy as expected with our place, however I do appreciate your comments.

When we open for the season, all items are in working order. Each week when I check the unit, we try to discard and replace broken items. We do offer many items that most condos don't, such as the beach carts (3) Tommy Hilfiger beach chairs with coolers (6) many umbrellas and strollers (older, but very functional). In our defense, As I explained to you on the phone, this was the one week this entire summer that I could not meet with incoming guests, since I was called in to work. I cleaned the condo myself a few days before your arrival, and it was completely disinfected, which is our policy. We also change the quilts on all beds weekly, which is not done at local hotels, so the cleanliness of the condo is very important to us.

The building is not new, but all walls are painted in May each year, before the season starts. It is just not possible to do a lot of maintenance between rentals, and some renters may be a little careless.

Our condo is much larger that a hotel, and has a fully equipped kitchen, however the rooms are not large. We have not had complaints, since most of our guests time is spent outside. SInce we use the condo ourselves, I can attest that the deck is an alternate Living room, since it is so large, and where we spend most of our time.

We welcome your comments, and we will certainly use some of your suggestions. The one comment I do disagree with is regarding the pictures. In my opinion they show the exact condition of the condo.

Once again, I hope you weren't too disappointed, and that you will return to Wildwood Crest again.

dmorlando
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent location with an amazing porch.”
Reviewed January 12, 2015 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent a week June 2014, two adults and three teenagers. Although the rooms are on the smaller side the location,porch, cleanliness,pool,beach accessories that are included in the rental made an amazing vacation for my family. The beach,shopping, basketball courts, bike path and boardwalk are all in walking distance. Thank you for for a great place. We have lots of memories.

Date of stay: June 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jan 13, 2015
Thank you Denise, it was a pleasure to have you and your family stay at our condo. Please don't hesitate to contact me again when you are visiting the Crest.
iderg24 .
“Great Value! Perfect location!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this property with my family (including 2 kids) and another family, with a young child. The property is clean and well maintained. Bed sheets are provided and the kitchen is well stocked with dishes, pots/pans, utensils, you name it! The apartment is not big - the kitchen is a decent size, but the rooms are rather small. This was not a problem for us whatsoever, though, because we didn't spend much time indoors, but still worth noting. The best feature of the property is the wrap-around deck. It is HUGE and we spend much of our time there, when not on the beach or elsewhere around Wildwood. There is a large table, where the seven of us could comfortably have our meals, a great double-lounge chair and several other chairs around. There is also a great variety of beach equipment provided, free of charge: beach chairs (really good ones!), beach carts, coolers, etc. There are air conditioners in every room, as well as fans so it's easy to stay cool. There is also a great DVD/tapes collection, with a lot of recent movies for all ages, for those rainy days. The location of the property is pretty great - it's very close to the entrance onto the Boardwalk, but far enough away from all the noise. We were able to walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go, saving on gas and parking fees. Oh, and there is also a pool on the property. It's not big and we didn't spend much time there (with all the waves to catch!), but it's still a nice option. All-in-all, a GREAT vacation and we will definitely look to stay at this property again next time we are planning a trip to Wildwood. Many, many thanks to Kathy for making our trip a total success!!

Date of stay: August 2014
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The deck
Liked least: only 1 bathroom
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 3, 2014
Irina, thank you so much. Nothing makes me happier than when our guests really enjoy our place and their vacation. Please think about us for next year!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing