“not as great as the reviews make it out to be”

V.I.P. Family Motel
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“not as great as the reviews make it out to be”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here based on the reviews and was very disappointed. I havebeen coming to Wildwood since I was a child so I am well aware that many hotels have outdated decor which I can live with to a certain extent,however these rooms sre extremely outdated very small. We are a family of 4 and it was tight. The room was not that clean. Upon check in there was sand visible on the rug & hair on the bathroom floor.The maid service was awful.They did not take out the garbage..vaccum..or wipe down the bathroom. There is also a loud man who would come to the door&ask for wet towels...I hsve never experienced that @any hotel in the Crest & have been visiting for 30 yrs. They also have air conditioners over the bed. The first night my husband awoke to find the ac dripping on him. You can def find better places reasonably priced to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank logansmom227
The_VIP_Family_Motel, Manager at V.I.P. Family Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I'm so sorry to read that you were disappointed and dissatisfied with your stay with us at The VIP Family Motel. All of our rooms are updated each year; new, updated items include: new carpet in every room, new flat-screen televisions (smaller flat-screen in the bedroom, larger flat-screen in the living room), new living room dressers, new kitchen tables/ benches, recently powder-coated tubs and bathroom sinks, new tile in kitchens (if you stayed in an efficiency unit); unfortunately, our rooms are considered small for some people. The above mentioned updates occurred throughout the 2011/ 2012 season. Our building was established in 1964 and a large majority of hotels and motels in the Wildwoods have the same square-footage in their hotel rooms due to being built in the same era. We would LOVE to offer larger units for our guests and hopefully someday we will be able to. We have plans for the near future to re-do all of our kitchen units. Most of our units contain brand new refrigerators and all new microwaves. Our mattresses are now in their third season while our pillows are new.

I wish you would've came to us about the maid service, as we do pride ourselves in our A-1 cleanliness and we strive to maintain that reputation. We tell all of our guests upon check-in that if something is "not quite right in the room" or if anything is "needed" to please let us know. I'm sorry to read of the air conditioning unit dripping; unfortunately sometimes these units do freeze up due to windows and doors being left open while the AC is running, condensation then builds on the inside and they do occasionally drip when this happens. I wish we could've made your stay more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Was a super clean motel however the rooms were quite small and the WIFI was horrible. I would recommend this for families with small children. We had 2 adults and 2 teenagers and it was very tight. Only a two seater couch so where was everyone else going to sit? One day I left a frypan in the sink to soak and the cleaning service cleaned it? Bring your own non-stick pan!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just spent a week down wildwood crest at the vip motel our first time we had a great time. The owners and those behind the desk are so nice and will do anything for you. My older son went down with us and scrapped his foot and they were right there for him giving him bandaids and med for his foot. The location is great right across from the park you can sit out and watch the bands play from across the street. I am a clean freak so the place was great nice and clean. We will be booking next year just loved this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been coming to the VIP for over twenty years. The are always consistant. WE are used to the great service, Clean rooms, and friendly surroundings. This third generation owned motel is always accomidating and go out of thier way to make your stay a great one. My children have been coming here since they were very young. Now in thier twenties, they still look foward coming to the VIP.

Room Tip: We like the rooms with kitchen accesories.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bayonne, NJ
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Not sure I would come back here. Front desk woman was very nice however the rooms were not what we expected. Very outdated decor with stained brown carpets and a strange smell throughout. Although many like it here, I am sure I will not choose this motel again. I guess I am a Marriott girl at heart but I was not impressed with this hotel. Stains all over the sheets and when asked to change, looked like new stains were on different sheets. thank god I brought a bunch of beach sheets with me I was able to use those on the beds.

Air conditioner unit also above one of the beds kind of scary.

Lots of flies in unit due to door just having a screen and shutters but not glass.

Unit very small. You can hear everything outside due to screen doors with no closures.

Again this may be a good place for kids but not for a couple looking to relax and enjoy themselves at the hotel. Pool was nice size though.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Lunababy7181
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This family owned and operated motel is one of the nicest and cleanest places we ever stayed at. The staff is courteous, and their mission is to make you comfortable. We have been staying there every time we go to the Crest. We WILL BE BACK! Their rates are reasonable as comared to the other places we know of. One thing I noticed is that people were enjoying all the things to do there, shuffle board, ping pong, the play ground and the pool. This is a number one place for family orientated fun. Joe and Diane Sabol, Cleveland Ohio

Room Tip: Anywhere is a good place, just go there and you wont be dissappointed!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nothing negative to say at all. We really enjoyed our stay. Management was wonderful. Rooms and grounds are clean. Pool was nice. Very nice overall, repeat visit for sure. 2011 was the first year we stayed at the VIP and we will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family