“Beach front at a bargain price!”
Review of Villa Nova Motel

and 1 more site!
Villa Nova Motel
Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Middletown, Maryland
“Beach front at a bargain price!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Okay, the hotel is not what you call luxurious except for its direct ocean front location. It is however, comfortable, clean, and on the quieter side of town. There is good parking too. The pool is clean and the staff very polite and friendly. I can't say enough about the beautiful beach which is wide and sports soft white sand. A little known "secret" is that there is a free service that can pick you up at the hotel and drive you right to where you want to hang out on the beach, it is a boon for the elderly or handicapped who might have a hard time trecking the distance from the hotel to the surf, even with the walkways that take you 1/2 across the sand. Did I mention that the beach is VERY wide? Wildwood beaches are really safe as there is no drop off at the surf line so the waves tend to be gentle, my husband and I who are in our upper-50's with mild knee issues had no problems getting in and out to swim. The water was a nice temperature even in mid-June.

To employ the pick-up service just call 609-522-DUCK. All you have to tell them is the name of the road where you will be waiting for them, and wait near the sand. They'll be along in about 5 minutes. Take your cell phone so you can call for a lift back to your hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side tend to be a little noisier. There are no elevators only outside stairs for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
East Brunswick, NJ
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I agree, a hidden treasure! Very clean, owner operated by very nice people, heated pool, did I mention clean? Thank you to Joanne and Harold for making us feel welcome. On the beach too! We booked another stay as we checked out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DJinNJ
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My parents would stay at the Villa Nova when I was a baby until I was about 10. We then bought a house in Rehoboth Beach. I hadn't been back to Wildwood until 6 years ago. The Villa Nova is exactly as I remembered it. The owners even remember my family. You cannot beat the value and I love talking with Joanne and Harold, the owners. I just booked my 6th annual Wildwood vacation and will be staying at the Villa Nova, of course! To be honest, there are nicer and cleaner hotels, but when going to Wildwood, I would not think of staying anywhere else. You can't beat the value, the view and being right on the beach. This year, we will bring our own portable grill as we have had problems with the grills on location in the past. Also, don't expect a laudromat. There are one 1950's washer and one 1850's dryer. That doesn't bother me nor sway my decision to stay here as who wants to do laundry on vacation anyways! I cannot wait for our vacation this year!

Room Tip: If you have older children, dont stay on the first floor near the pool. I suggest staying on the si...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Castle, Delaware, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here from 8/12/13-8/14/13. And my boyfriend and I stayed here for the night on 9/21/13. The owners are great and make you feel at home. The room we stayed is dated but is very clean. And would prefer it being clean over anything. The room we stayed in was small but we were only there to sleep. It is right on the beach and easy access to the beach. It was peaceful and quiet. I would recommend this place. It is a decent price not expensive at all and would recommend this place wanting to stay in Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel S
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been going to the Villa Nova with my family for the last 25 years. Joann, the owner, makes a point of continually updating the rooms. The kitchens have been completely redone, carpets have been changed over the years,new blankets are on the beds, new televisions are in each room and she has upgraded covers on the mattresses for protection. The housekeepers have been working there for 15 years and do an excellent job. The family has owned and operated the motel since it opened 50 years ago. They care about the place and address whatever needs to be addressed. I find some of these poor ratings interesting. I go there several times each season and my experience has been superior. I live in a beautiful home in a beautiful area and would only stay at a motel that was clean, cared for and with owners who are on the premises to address whatever needs to be addressed. My son has several friends that now go on a regular basis. I have recommended the Villa Nova to many friends, and they are very pleased as well. The quality, price and atmosphere are second to none. I should know because we used to go to three other motels since I was a child in North Wildwood and Wildwood Crest.

Room Tip: Talk to Joann when you call and tell her what your situation is and she can recommend the best room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane S
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

On a Monday -Friday stay in a two room efficiency. Hadn't stayed here in a number of years, but, always liked the location. Found it pretty much the same with a heated pool and access to the beach right off the pool. While it was very clean, it could use some spiffing up; although not many meals were prepared in the mini kitchen, the utensils were lacking(no knife to cut a lime) for instance. Adequate coffee shop. 25 cents for a bucket of ice. Tight parking for one car per room. Found the entire town to be very crowed this time of year, restaurants busy, etc. Not my favorite resort area, but, only a 2 hour drive. Prefer South Florida this time of year as it is the off season there, and more relaxing.

Room Tip: Pool side is nice, but side view is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Its a nice joint but it is a little loud at night I went there last July and August and the nights get crazy with the drinking .but overal it not to bad.I was there this past June and it was much quieter then last July I think a different crowd was there .and there was an old old bag in her fifties with a bad bleach job something from the 1980s she was walking around like if she was in heat she kept everyone amused the views are nice .and not to mention the heavy Italian women with a short dyed black lesbian haircut she looked like something right out from the trailer park she had a reputation of a brood Mayer.and was into black men .

• Stayed July 2013