“overall pleased”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lampliter Oceanside Resorts
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 25, 2010

It was a pleasant stay. Very curtious staff, family oriented,
The room was not new but clean, no bed bugs, I would
Recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shotgun107
There are newer reviews for Lampliter Oceanside Resorts

Reviewed August 14, 2010

We just got back from a fun 3 days at the Lampliter in Wildwood Crest. We stayed in an efficiency that had all the basic essentials. The beds were comfortable and I slept better than I do in most hotels. The room was large and no foul odors or smoke could be noticed in the room, a definite plus for those sensitive to mold or smoke.

You could not beat the location and nights were quiet with a mature atmosphere. I would say that families with small kids would love this place as well as couples. The pool and hot tub were a definite hit.

The only complaint we had was that the unit was not as clean as I had read about in previous reviews. My wife and I are not super picky but there was some definite cleaning that needed to be done on the walls in the kitchen and bathroom. Doors had hand prints and the cabinets were greasy. Corners of the bathroom floor were noticeably missed by housekeeping. We did not bring this to the attention of the management because it was no big deal to us to go over things with some window cleaner we had with us that we keep in our van. The cleaning staff is young and very friendly. I hope the management can show them what to look for when cleaning a unit so the motel does not get bad reviews.

Overall, a great beach side motel and I hope the Lampliter has a long prosperous future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family, and my girlfriends family used to stay here every year when our children were smaller. The location is priceless. The pool and hot tub are wonderful. The rooms are just okay; very old fashioned, but again, the location is what is key. We stopped coming for two reasons: first the clientel started to change over the years. Second, as our children grew up, they wanted to go to the boardwalk every night. It is not within walking distance, and parking is astronomical if you go every night/day. I would only recommend this hotel if you have young children who don't want to frequent the boardwalk and who are too young to not care about sleeping on a pull-out couch.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My family began vacationing at the Lampliter in 1968, when I was a little kid. We visited every summer and looked forward all year to the week in August when we'd return. The Lampliter has a very special place in my heart. I am glad to see that Mr. & Mrs. Hart's daughter is now owner/manager and it appears the old place has gotten better over time. Our family loved Wildwood Crest so much that one of our family members built a home there. Unfortunately, for that reason we haven't stayed at the Lampliter since the mid '80's but I highly recommend this resort. I remember Melissa being very hands-on as she worked there as a teenager so I'm certain she's maintained the place to the standards that her mother and father set so long ago. We still drive by to see how it looks every now and then....always kept up so well and the flowers & fountain look beautiful. In regard to location, price and cleanliness, there can't be a better value in the Crest than the Lampliter.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JaneH831
Reviewed May 12, 2010

First I'm torn...I'm happy to see that the Lampliter is now on Tripadvisor, but not happy because it had always been such a secret hideway for friends and extended families. We have been enjoying this resort for almost 8 years now. All of our kids have grown up together and played many, many wiffle ball games on the beach directly in front of the resort.

There is a wonderful pool, which is southern exposure - nice all day sun, the hot tub on the 2nd floor of the other side of the hotel is spot on for a relaxing evening.

Many grills and outside tables on both sides, the front staff is more than accomodating, they are always there in a flash.

We've only stayed on the "hot tub" side of resort, so I offer these comments about the rooms - spacious efficienies, no oven, no dishwasher, apartment size fridge, mircrowave, ironing board, no hair dryer - but - we are on vacation - so who wants those amenities anyway! The apartment on the ground floor on this side has an oven and a dishwasher, 1 full bath, and a 1/2 bath, 2 bedrooms, I think it has two pull out couches - 1 is a full couch, the other is a love seat pull out. Full size fridge, lots of cabinet space - big dining room table. The best in the apartment is your own deck with a table and chairs.

Overall, I'd say don't go - cause then I can go on any given weekend for a getaway and have a room available.

It's not my dream vacation like Jamaica - but - this is a very, very close second. I couldn't ask for anything more from this resort.

Tim & Melissa run this resort so well, and all of their staff are exceptional!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank donsheri
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Probably the greatest hotel in Wildwood, hands down. Excellent in all categories, with great, simple but elegant rooms, good service, right-on-the beach location, and spic and span cleanliness, you really can't go wrong with Lampliter. And the owners are super nice and helpful. Best features: the awesome rock waterfall hot tub, and that sundeck with an unbeatable ocean view! And did I mention that you can literally go out of your room and on the beach in 5 steps? If you are thinking that The Reges, Pan American, and Port Royal are at the top of the pack, then you need to get on down to Lampliter to see what real relaxation and luxury is all about.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family