“Family Friendly Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lampliter Oceanside Resorts
Ranked #30 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just returned from our 2nd stay at the Lamplighter and already booked for next year. We love how family friendly Lamplighter is, no rowdy drunk young adults. This is important for us, we have a young son who doesn't need to observe this. We love the location, literally footsteps from the beach. The pool is awesome, alway cystal clear. This place is very clean and the staff is very friendly and makes sure you are enjoying your stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first time staying at this resort and we are definitely going back!! It was clean and had a great view of the ocean!!! It was perfect for a family of 4. Our room was on ground level oceanfront. The kids just played right in front of the room. No worrying about cars or them running off. I highly recommend staying here.!!! Would of loved to stayed longer but there is always next year!!!!

Room Tip: If you have small kids better to stay on ground floor oceanfront because the have all the beach to p...
1  Thank Elenalex07
Reviewed July 6, 2012

cant wait to go back again love it pool was great great area

Room Tip: get a room faceing the beach its so nice to wake up to that
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our first stay at the Lamplighter and definitely not our last. We have stayed at 2 different resorts on the ocean in the past few years and this is probably the one we will be returning to.

The motel caters to families so you will not get the crazy drunk teenagers partying late, which for people like myself is a plus. It is right on the coean, about a 5 minute drive to the boardwalk. There are plenty of resaturants in walking distance, we did not go to any.

The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. We had an oceanfront room equipped with a fridge, stove and microwave. Everything was clean from the untensils to the pots and pans. Once again, rooms are small but that is expected from most of the motels in wildwood. Our room had a full size bed in the bedroom and a sofabed in the living area. Sofa bed was indeed uncomfortable, so the three of us (hubby, toddler and I) crammed onto the full size bed. It was rough but we made due. I initially thought the rooms had queen, but they do advertise as a full bed which was ane error on my part.

The owners were nice people, very welcoming and acccomodating. I think this aided in our decision to probably come back again next year. They have tables and chairs set up near the jacuzzi where you can sit and have dinner with the family. Very peaceful hotel unlike others that we have stayed at. If your looking for a quiet getaway on the beach, this is the place to go. Close to everything yet just far enough for peaceful nights.

1  Thank Samina-A
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I return every year to find that this is the one place that doesn't change! Everything I need to have a wonderful beach vacation is right here. Better for us than a big hotel with elevators and hallways. Beautiful view, step out to the sand.........pool is great and the jacuzzi is awesome! This is a great place to bring the family , you won't be disappointed!! I wouldn't stay anywhere else! You can't beat the staff, they treat you like family and provide anything you need to make your stay comfortable! Try it next time you want to visit WWC, you'll love it!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and I have been staying at the Lamplighter every summer for 25 years since my children were babies. Hope to continue with grandchildren. Great memories!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tuz9999
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The Lampliter exceeded my expectations. My fiance, our son and I had such a wonderful time. The owner of the Lampliter is super friendly and will do anything for you. He makes you feel at home and relaxed and doesn't hesitate to make your stay even better. The rooms are clean, freshly painted and new appliances. The pool has a great kidie section that is 6 inches deep so it's great for our 2 year old. I will stay here every time I visit Wildwood...I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family