“OK”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lampliter Oceanside Resorts
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
barto, pa
“OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I selected our recent stay based on tripadvisor.com reviews. I was slightly disappointed. We have been coming to the Wildwoods for over 20 years, so I know not to expect perfection.

Check in was fast and efficent and our room was ready for the 2:00 check-in. That is earlier than most motels. Upon entry to the lobby though it smelled heavily of smoke which surprised me.

As we entered our room, the ashtray to our room was filled with cigarettes and they remained through out our stay. (We do not smoke) I will say however there were always people walking around cleaning up the grounds and overall the appearance of the property was very good.

Our room was an efficency with a queen size sleeper in the living room and a queen bed in the bedroom. Although I thought it was clean, I still felt I had to use the Clorox wipes on everything first. You could feel the springs on the sleeper bed. My kids said it was the worst sofabed they ever slept on. The sofa was also stained. The queen bed was comfortable and much better then having a double which is what most motels in Wildwood have. There was a small TV in the living room and a 13" tv in the bedroom. 13"! What is up with that?? The window a/c unit is in the bedroom and did not cool off the living room much. It was so loud that I had to turn it off at night in order to sleep. We alway were given a good supply of towels for our stay. There a fridge, microwave and stovetop as well as utensils.

The pool and Jacuzzi area are both very nice. The water was heated in the pool to a great tempature and the Jacuzzi was hot, hot, hot. Just the way I like it. I saw the water condition being checked as well which is a sign of cleanliness to me. The chairs are in great need of being replaced as they were all frayed and at first I was affraid to sit on them as I thought I might fall through.

The location is right on the beach with perfect views. It is on the South end of Wildwood Crest, which was nice when my kids were little and could use the bike path and playgrounds at night, but now my kids are teenagers and the need to be closer to the boardwalk is now apparent.

This was a nice motel and would not say stay away, but just is not the place for us. Others have found the place they go back to year after year. Unfortunetly we have to keep on looking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank disneybonvoyage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is our 12th year staying at the Lampliter Oceanside Resorts with our family. We wouldn't stay anywhere else when in the Wildwoods. We look forward to coming every year. The place is right on the beach and it has a wonderful pool, and a great ocean view! You can't ask for anything better than this. Tim and his staff are amazing and they keep the place looking so lovely year after year. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We've met so many nice people that we see each year at the Lampliter. It has such a great family atmosphere. We are looking forward to our stay next year. Miss the beach already!

Room Tip: We get the guest room every year and it has 2 double beds, a table and chairs and a small refrigerat...
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Take it from someone who is a bit "OCD-ish" - the room we had was clean, clean, clean. Even behind the dressers, corners, bathroom - CLEAN! Ladies leave ur Lysol at home - you won't need it at the Lampliter. The staff are friendly and accomodating. I love this place (cleaniness, price and location) and will definitely stay there again. I would only change one thing: the pool closed at 8pm. This is early for pre-teen to teens and adults vacationing. It would be nice to leave it open until 10 pm or at least 9 pm. Check this place out - you won't be sorry. Right off the beach too!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 19. Family of 4
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My kids and I love staying at the Lampliter. It is very family friendly, it's clean and the staff are polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Book early, it fills up fast.
east greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, kid friendly place with a Fabulous view of the ocean..this is it! We have been taking our kids and grandkids there for years. You will love it.

Room Tip: the pool is great and right on the beach....hot tub is a nice touch..beds comfy, wifi, cable tv, fr...
2 Thank charjs
Mendham, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Lampliter is the perfect resort for families, couples, or friends to spend their vacations Only a footstep away from the ocean, pool and hot tub. My son and I spend our vacations at the Lampliter and we are going back next month. The staff is great, always a pleasant attitudue and happy to see us. In walking distance to the boardwalk and restaurants, as well as summer concerts.

To save money we use the grills at the Lampliter. All the amenities in the rooms are great - tv, fridge, ac, etc.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view.
1 Thank oopsadaisy04
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

this was our first trip to the lampliter but not our first trip to wildwood crest, the thing we liked about staying at the lampliter was the fact that you were right at the ocean, the place was clean and we brought our young grandchildren for the week, my son and daughter-in-law came for a coupleof days then my daughter stayed 4 days and they all loved it. The pool was very nice as well.

thi

Room Tip: we had a one bedroom that comfortly slept 6, the only drawback was you had to walk through the bedro...
1 Thank maelacy