“Ok - but wouldn't return”
Review of Mark I Motel

and 1 more site!
Mark I Motel
Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Ok - but wouldn't return”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I don't get the hype with this place. I wasn't overly impressed with this motel. I've stayed at other Motels in the crest and am aware that this is not a 5 star establishment, but also wasn't as impressed as most of the other reviewers. The rooms were clean and when we walked in all you could smell was bleach, which to me is a good thing. I did notice mold/mildew in the ceiling in the bathroom and in the kitchen area, but nothing that was over whelming. It had the standard small kitchen with a fridge which was a plus. The beds were horrible - although to be fare - I don't think I've found a comfortable bed in Wildwood Crest. I was there with my younger kids but was not letting them run the place like most other families. If you enjoy running around kids non-stop then this is the place for you. It didn't help we were on the lower level. I also didn't appreciate the bottles of beer being consumed in the pool or right next to it - to me is a big turn off. Really - Glass in a pool, with the owners saying nothing! The motel is in a U shape with no view of the ocean unless you are on the end row of the second level. I know most of the time I am not ocean front - but I can see the beach and hotel - kinda felt closterphobic by the design. If you like to feel you are at the beach then I don't feel this is the place. While everyone says how nice the owners were - I didn't really have the opprotunity to experience this, as every time we went to the office there was a note that they weren't there. This even happened on check out which I waited 20 mintues and no show. I call every number I can find just to talk with one of the owners who asked "do we have any other charges for phone?" - if not, to leave the keys on the counter. So now I have to leave the key on the counter - what a joke. While the place is clean and close to the beach, I will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank pachief

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 16, 2010

This place lives up to its reputation. My wife and I chose the Mark I from looking at Trip Advisory and loved it. It's close to the beach, modern styled with very comfortable rooms. This year we went for a 3 day weekend and loved it's fun atmosphere so much we booked for a week next August. The maid service was phenomenal and management/owners were on site and helped guide us around Wildwood. It's located in the Crest, 1/4 of a block from the beach with a heated pool that was open till 11pm. Wow!!!! Great Time Can't Wait To Get Away Here Again!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackson023
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We have stayed here 2 times ayear for last 2 years and have already booked our 2 trips for next year!! It is the best place to go for a nice quiet relaxing vacation... totally clean rooms and outside... Owners are the nicest people you could ever ask for and staff is very pleasant and helpful... We just cant wait till summer 2011 to get back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank drummersgirl817
Hunterdon, NJ
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I haven't been to Wildwood in 10 years. I chose Mark 1 after following Trip Advisor ratings and we were not sorry. Easy check-in, friendly service and very clean. Maids clean room with a very potent solvent, so air your room out for a 15 min when you arrive. Pool was great for the kids, heated and plenty of chairs for guest. Everything is new and very well maintained. It's a nice family oriented motel. We were worried about noise, but everyone is respectful and quiet. My only complaint was the amount of smokers on the outside patio. Ashtrays in abundance along motel wall and guests smoke on narrow walkways outside their room. Passing through with small children is not pleasant for anyone who does not enjoy a heafty dose of second hand smoke. Aside from that, we had a wonderful time and will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Just returned from a one week vacation at the Mark 1 hotel, we have stayed there for many years and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are super clean and the new renovations have made this place even more beautiful. The beach is only steps away and right out your door from your room is an amazingly relaxing heated pool. I promise you will not be disappointed with your stay at the Mark 1!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maryber39
monroe,ny
Reviewed July 27, 2010

From check in to check out..loved it. Nice clean rooms at just the perfect size. In the morning sitting by the pool having coffee and breakfast being able to use my laptop with the free/fast wireless internet was a great way to start the day every morning. To the beach that is only a 100 ft walk away. The heated and very clean pool was perfect for relaxing in and lying around on what I saw the hotel staff cleaning every day: not just the pool, but all the chairs and tables, The gass BBQ grill that anyone can use to throw a quick lunch on or maybe a steak for dinner. (PERFECT). A short walk or drive to a nice restaurant with a bar or to sit in breakfast places or even to visit the Wildwood boardwalk. What ever you are looking to do in the the area the staff can guide you with great direction and complete knowledge of the area. They guided me for a 35 mile drive to Atlantic City. I loved this place and have booked a room for next year, can't wait!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kegfor
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and his family have vacationed at the Mark I for over 30 years mostly because the motel served their simple needs and because of the people that ran it. Now our family continues to vacation there and the Mark I has kept up with the times. Recently updated, they feature all the usual motel amenities, plus they have a nice size heated pool, which is the drawing point for our family with 2 young children. The Mark I is also tucked nicely on a quiet street and only one other motel sits between it and the beach. Chris and Kathy, the owners, keep on top of things and are often seen tending to matters. The pool and pool area is maintained daily, which is important to a safety conscious mom! The Mark I also features a bathroom/shower for hotel guests which can be used while guests are using the pool. I have not found this at many places and have come to appreciate it very much. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are nice. The do not allow pets which I think is a good choice. One slight drawback is the placement of the microwave -- it's a little high for the height challenged.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
#13 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#5 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!