“Cait and Lindy (Chamberlain)”
Review of Mark I Motel

and 1 more site!
Mark I Motel
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Cait and Lindy (Chamberlain)”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I have been staying here for years, always a pleasure! The location is perfect, the hotel inside the rooms and outside is spotless! The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating and welcome questions- they have some of the best recommendations of the area. I brought my boyfriend to the Mark I with my family this Summer and he loved it! I would recommend this motel to anyone. It's ALWAYS a wonderful, relaxing vacation! Thank you!

5 Thank CLAkins11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2014

First time staying here. Had a lovely six days. Rooms were a bit dated, but that's to be expected at most Wildwood motels. Kids loved the heated pool, which is open til 11 every night and never crowded. Quick walk to the beach.
Pros: clean, great location, extended pool hours, seems to attract a nice, family-oriented clientele. Lots of parking (which is not always the case in Wildwood).
Cons: Beds could be more comfortable, house cleaning staff came by really early, seemed more interested in getting in and out quickly than in doing any thorough cleaning.
Would definitely consider coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DCass71
Shickshinny, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My family has been staying here for years. The location is perfect. It is spotless. Even on a chilly day, you can enjoy their crystal-clear heated swimming pool. We always have a great night's sleep on their comfortable beds. We love it and look forward to our next stay! When my kids came down with an extra car, they even gave them a spot in their own driveway so they could park. We park our car, walk to the beach, cook out on their grill, and relax in their family friendly atmosphere. Simply the BEST!!

If I had one wish - it was that they were open later in the year so we could continue to stay into October.

Room Tip: All rooms are consistently spotless and comfortable. There are no bad choices.
2 Thank Brian C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just came back from our trip to WWC we always stay at the Mark 1. Chris and Kathy are amazing and are always around for any question or concern you may have. Property is always cleaned and well maintained and the pool is open late which is the best!

1 Thank M E
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The rooms have been recently updated. They are cozy but clean and functional for a family stay. The pool is well-maintained and a great place to meet other families. Our kids made lots of new friends!

This motel is a gem- the hospitality has a bed-and-breakfast feel. We got info on a bike shop and the owners kept a lookout for us for our favorite ice cream truck!

Thanks for a great beach trip!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank lydiamanni
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were staying at the Mark 1 Motel last summer for a friend's wedding. The morning of the wedding, I woke up to a flat tire and no way to get it fixed and be back in time for the event. The owner could not have been more helpful and thoughtful. He changed my tire in the parking lot to the spare tire and I drove while following him to the autoshop where he waited with me while a new tire got put on and I then followed him back to the motel and was able to make the event in time. I have never had someone go so far out of their way to assist me like that. His day was not done till he made sure all was well with me to drive my family to the wedding. It was a wonderful time, a great weekend away, great pool and room and the service I received was the absolute best. I will always remember his kindness and support his business when at the shore. The success of the Mark 1 is well deserved and will always be our choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 111Graciegirl
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were here for one night but I have nothing to complain. Very well maintained, nicely cleaned and updated. Nice and friendly management and owners and this is the best part. The beach is 2 minutes from my room.

I will definitely come back here and recommend this one to each one of you looking for a place to stay away from your home here at Wildwood Crest.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!
2 Thank PratipTheTraveller
#18 of 67 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#13 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!