“Wonderful Time”

Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my this is my fourth time staying at the Mark 1 Motel. I have loved every time I stayed there, it is clean, close to the beach, and confutable. You can walk out on to the balcony and here the ocean, which was my favorite part. The prices are great and I can't wait to go again next month.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We love the Wildwoods but always struggle with where to stay. This year we tried the Mark 1 Motel. The motel is an older motel, but has recently been renovated. The rooms were very nice and very clean. There was plenty of room for our family of four. The pool and pool area were also very clean and well keep. The owners were always present and about cleaning and straightening. They were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is about 1/2 block from the beach on a very lightly traveled street. The one thing that bother me most about the room was the AC, it was very noisy which made it difficult to sleep

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmkoboop
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first trip to Wildwood. Headed down for a friend's wedding. Only stayed one night so we didn't spend a lot of time on the property (not that it is that big) or enjoy the pool. The pool did seem pretty busy with lots of families /kids every time we passed by.

We were in room 24. In the main room there was a couch (pull out?), table and chairs, plus a bed and a TV. On the far side was a full kitchen: refrigerator, oven, microwave, plates, glasses, etc. We didn't have time for any meals there, just some drinks and snacks. Wish we had packed some napkins or paper towels. There was another bed /dresser /TV in the bedroom. View of an open lot behind the building. Bathroom was small with a shower stall. Tough to shave your legs...the ladies know what I mean.

Everything seemed fairly new and definitely clean! Very pleasant staff. Not much within walking distance so pick up groceries and snacks on the way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane C
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've been going to Wildwood Crest for over 30 years. This was by far the cleanest motel we've ever been to. Great for families with small children. This is the only motel I know of that has ovens in the efficiences. We recommend this motel to anyone going to the shore.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank simom3
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Throwback 1960's style motel that we got at the last minute for a weekend at Wildwood Crest. There's some "fancier" hotels in Wildwood Crest, but pretty hard to get a reservation for at the last minute for a weekend. We stayed in the "Apt 24" room, which accomodates 6. For six adults, it's sort of like "camping" - because there's a separate bedroom for two, but the other 4 have to use a double bed and pull out bed in the living room area. But, we knew that going it & has we had teenagers with us, it's wasn't too bad. If it were a family, it would have been less sort of "cramped". We wanted a place to "crash" for a beach weekend that was clean and right next to the beach that wasn't ridiculously expensive - so, Mark 1 for sure filled that need. The rooms are clean, and the almost full size fridge was appreciated. The pool is open until 11pm and we had no problem finding a table to sit & have drinks at night poolside. So, as Wildwood motels go - I've got no complaints. No frills, but clean & friendly staff - and that counts for a lot. The comfort level of the bed was the greatest - but, it wasn't horrible. I only gave it three stars because it was not a great comfort mattress & only two pillows offered on each bed - but, as I said, if you are looking for a "crash pad" for a beach weekend, it's clean & adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Verdad
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a fantastic little get away spot that not nearly enough people know about. In a sea of mediocrity this motel is a jewel! Exceptionally clean rooms, beautiful pool and such an incredible staff. I can't say enough great things about this place. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013
Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Mark I. Facility was very clean and Kathy and Chris were very accommodating. The only improvements we would suggest would be possibly Queen size beds in place of the full size beds and definitely restricting smoking at the pool. Possibly the smoking could be limited to the tables at the street end, which is more out in the open. Our family could not fully enjoy the pool or sit out near the pool due to the heavy smokers surrounding the pool. Possibly we may have chosen the wrong week when there seemed to be a large number of smokers. Again, the place was exceptionally clean, maintained like it was your own home, and is in an ideal location. We would have given it 5 stars except for the smoking.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, be aware that smoking is permitted at all locations outside rooms. This includes p...