“New Jersey's Best Kept Secret!!”
Review of Mark I Motel

Mark I Motel
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 17, 2013

What a fantastic little get away spot that not nearly enough people know about. In a sea of mediocrity this motel is a jewel! Exceptionally clean rooms, beautiful pool and such an incredible staff. I can't say enough great things about this place. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Mark I Motel

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Mark I. Facility was very clean and Kathy and Chris were very accommodating. The only improvements we would suggest would be possibly Queen size beds in place of the full size beds and definitely restricting smoking at the pool. Possibly the smoking could be limited to the tables at the street end, which is more out in the open. Our family could not fully enjoy the pool or sit out near the pool due to the heavy smokers surrounding the pool. Possibly we may have chosen the wrong week when there seemed to be a large number of smokers. Again, the place was exceptionally clean, maintained like it was your own home, and is in an ideal location. We would have given it 5 stars except for the smoking.

Room Tip: For non-smokers, be aware that smoking is permitted at all locations outside rooms. This includes p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill273
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stay at this motel every year. This has been my 5th year and for many of my friends, the 15th year! To say that the owner is meticulous is an understatement. He truly cares about the condition of the property and is always available if you need something. Although externally dated, the rooms have been upgraded and it's got to be one of the cleanest motels I've ever been to. It is the second motel from the beach and so the location is excellent.

Room Tip: We always stay in room #20- ocean view!
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I cannot imagine staying anywhere else for a week at the beach! Chris and Kathy and always available, friendly, and answer every question you could come up with. They know where everything is and have great recommendations. The rooms are immaculate, with friendly staff. The heated pool is fantastic for kids and adults. They have a variety of rooms and suites to meet your needs, and you can't beat the view. The beach is not even a block away, and it's only a short drive to restaurants and stores. It's a bit away from the boardwalk, which we actually like because it's much quieter! We've been staying at the Mark I for 4 years and I know we will be going for many many many more!

Room Tip: The beach house not only has a great view of the beach, but also the bay! However, if you have kids...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I agree with everything Sally B. said. Kathy and Chris are the best hosts, very accommodating. The Mark I is very well maintained, immaculate rooms, the pool is heated and cleaned every day. Use of the grill was very helpful. You don't have to cross a road to get to the beach. Can't wait until we return next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms a great, depends if you want to cook in your room which one you choose and how many pe...
1  Thank Moira489
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We just left the Mark I Motel. We started coming here in 2007 for the Elks Convention and stay here each year. Chris and Kathy are the best hosts and the housekeeping staff is wonderful. The motel is immaculate and the heated pool is great. The beach is just a hop skip and jump away. It's the perfect place for a vacation.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just booked a room for a week in July at the Mark I and we couldn't be more excited. We stay there every summer and can't imagine staying anyplace else. The beach is just steps away, pool area is perfect and never over crowded, and the rooms are spacious and kept impeccably clean. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Acacia Beachfront Resort
Acacia Beachfront Resort
#13 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Mark I Motel? Share your experiences!