“awsome experience”
Review of Lotus Inn

Lotus Inn
Ranked #14 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 1, 2007

The Lotus Inn is the best as far as cleanliness, friendliness, accomadating. My son brought a game system and a laptop, though the wireless internet didn't reach our room the manager allowed him in the gameroom after hours to use his lap top because this is where the wireless mode was. The rooms were spotless. The desk help were outstanding and friendly. I will be back next year for sure.
Great, great, great experience.

There are newer reviews for Lotus Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2007

My family and I went to the Lotus! It is a very clean motel but there are alot of rules that I dont agree with. To start, The pool hours are only 10 AM till 6 PM, which forces you to go to the boardwalk because the kids have nothing to do from 6 till bedtime. Another thing is there is 1 huge airconditioner in the bedroom which causes that room to be freezing and the other room barely gets any air. Also, they have a no hanging towels over the banister rule!, because they say it dosent look nice. For over $200.00 a night I should be able to hang towels! If you cant hang towels then they should at least make the washer/ dryer free!!!!!!

4  Thank beachgirl920
Reviewed July 12, 2007

The motel was clean, but we were very disappointed in the swimming pool. It was advertised on the web site, that the it had a heated pool, and it was not true. The average pool temperture was 68 degrees, and when I brought it to the attention of the manager, he tsaid that it is warm.....If that is warm, I would like to know his defination of COLD? . Also by 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the sun is no longer shinning on the pool and it got colder. My children would not go swimming because of the cold water. The ocean water was warmer.

Also in the bedroom there was a whole in the wall, that should have be repaired before this room was rented.

Disappointed family from PA

Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank jgstav
Reviewed July 7, 2007

If you want a quiet place with strict rules, this is the place for you. If you want to have some fun, stay up past 10, smoke, or swim in the pool, stay somewhere else. There are MANY rules they drill you on when you arrive: pool is only open 10-6, clean your feet before you go in, no smoking, dont use the washcloths or towls for ANYTHING, no talking after 10, are you sure you dont smoke?!! They are VERY strict about their policies, to the point that it is very annoying! The Free breakfast consists of coffee, tea, and bagels, but dont plan on putting anything on your bagels... you are better off eating in your room, because they are not that good. On the plus side, the rooms are relatively inexpensive and clean. It is a block walk to the beach.

3  Thank reviewer0946
Reviewed June 15, 2007

This was the first time we stayed at a new motel in the crest after many many years of staying at the MARINER motel (which was recently sold after a long history af friendship and feeling at home there)
I stayed at the LOTUS INN from the suggestion of the owner of the mariner. After a brief, welcoming phone call with Lori, I made my memorial day weekend reservation. I felt as at home there as I did at the Mariner. I had a perfect view of the beach with only a few passing birds obstructing my view. The room was super clean and the kitchenette was perfect. The pool was crystal clear even after a busy day and the chlorine was not so strong as to burn my kids eyes after many hours in the water.
I have already made my reservation for next year!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Thought I was doing the owner a favor by letting him know he had a pipe leak going threw the kitchen ceiling , he was upset with me as though I did it and his solution was to leave a garbage can in the middle of the hallway for 2 days and a exposed ceiling , i complained and he did not care , also the fold up couch had a big giant blood stain that looked like someone had miscarried and the owner did not give a crap , how disgusting!!!!!!!!! I actually wanted to throw up , guess he was too cheap to throw it out , I would not stay there even if it was free

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank larry61865
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We have been staying at the Lotus Inn for many years. After trying many many differant hotels in the WIldwood area we finally could move on up, so speak to the Lotus Inn. We knew from the first year we stayed there that we no longer had to search for the perfect hotel, we found it. We have many fond memories of the lotus, from their great continental breakfasts, to their hot dog barbq's we enjoyed our yearly vacations there. The friendly atmosphere and staff always made us feel special. The rooms were always very clean and updated. Last year due to unforseen circumstances we had to stay at another hotel in Wildwood, from the moment we went there all I could do was compare it to the Lotus. This year we are back and happy to say I won't ever leave again.
The Stellar Family