“ok, if you want to sleep”
Review of Lotus Inn

Lotus Inn
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Pennsylvania
“ok, if you want to sleep”
Reviewed July 7, 2007

If you want a quiet place with strict rules, this is the place for you. If you want to have some fun, stay up past 10, smoke, or swim in the pool, stay somewhere else. There are MANY rules they drill you on when you arrive: pool is only open 10-6, clean your feet before you go in, no smoking, dont use the washcloths or towls for ANYTHING, no talking after 10, are you sure you dont smoke?!! They are VERY strict about their policies, to the point that it is very annoying! The Free breakfast consists of coffee, tea, and bagels, but dont plan on putting anything on your bagels... you are better off eating in your room, because they are not that good. On the plus side, the rooms are relatively inexpensive and clean. It is a block walk to the beach.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank reviewer0946

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
WESTERN MARYLAND
Reviewed June 15, 2007

This was the first time we stayed at a new motel in the crest after many many years of staying at the MARINER motel (which was recently sold after a long history af friendship and feeling at home there)
I stayed at the LOTUS INN from the suggestion of the owner of the mariner. After a brief, welcoming phone call with Lori, I made my memorial day weekend reservation. I felt as at home there as I did at the Mariner. I had a perfect view of the beach with only a few passing birds obstructing my view. The room was super clean and the kitchenette was perfect. The pool was crystal clear even after a busy day and the chlorine was not so strong as to burn my kids eyes after many hours in the water.
I have already made my reservation for next year!!!!!

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean room, awesome pool, internet access, no loud party patrons (all families)
  • Disliked — stay was too short!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
nj bergen county
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Thought I was doing the owner a favor by letting him know he had a pipe leak going threw the kitchen ceiling , he was upset with me as though I did it and his solution was to leave a garbage can in the middle of the hallway for 2 days and a exposed ceiling , i complained and he did not care , also the fold up couch had a big giant blood stain that looked like someone had miscarried and the owner did not give a crap , how disgusting!!!!!!!!! I actually wanted to throw up , guess he was too cheap to throw it out , I would not stay there even if it was free

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — blood soaked couch , leaking ceiling , dont care management attitude
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank larry61865
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We have been staying at the Lotus Inn for many years. After trying many many differant hotels in the WIldwood area we finally could move on up, so speak to the Lotus Inn. We knew from the first year we stayed there that we no longer had to search for the perfect hotel, we found it. We have many fond memories of the lotus, from their great continental breakfasts, to their hot dog barbq's we enjoyed our yearly vacations there. The friendly atmosphere and staff always made us feel special. The rooms were always very clean and updated. Last year due to unforseen circumstances we had to stay at another hotel in Wildwood, from the moment we went there all I could do was compare it to the Lotus. This year we are back and happy to say I won't ever leave again.
The Stellar Family

• Liked — Cleansiness
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank pstellar
Pa
Reviewed December 22, 2006

Most of the reviews that I have read for the Lotus Inn are spot on. If you are looking for a basic, semi-updated, clean hotel and price dictates your choice then this is your place. If you are looking for a really super duper clean, amenity laden resort then look elsewhere. I have stayed there 3 years (with a 4th booked) and have done so because it is clean and the price is very reasonable.....thats it.

The problems with the Lotus are just what most people said....

1. The Mgmt./owners have ZERO personality and are VERY strict and make it a point to DRIVE HOME to you upon check in their rules and regulations. Even though I have been there coming up on 4 years I still have to go though it. This said, they do have a hotel to run and don't want any riff raff or people who run amok and take advantage I guess. You will probably deal with the wife more than the husband and she is NOT warm and friendly or a social butterfly by any means but matter of fact and to the point. As for the 20.00 key deposit, I don't know too many places who don't charge one, you get it back, no big deal.

2. The pool is just ok. It does seem to close too early but there is no alternative I guess. It is listed as heated but I would describe it as more of "an attempt " at a heated pool. The heated water that comes out is not enough to warm the pool and because of the buildings location the pool does become shaded/cool as the afternoon goes on. Just make sure you clean the sand off with the shower before you go in, they'll be after you for that.

3. The rooms are nicely, updated and clean. The bathrooms are another thing....Typical run down, outdated blue ceramic hotel bathrooms. But they might be taking care of that, they are always doing something. The shower head drives me crazy, I prefer a strong shower head and the force these heads have feels more like a plastic bag filled with water with holes poked in it dripping on you. A simple 2.5 gpm water saver shower head isn't expensive and would make a big difference. The beds are just ok, typical hotel beds...maybe a little harder. The kitchen is sufficient. I have no complaints on the room except the shower head. I can deal with the outdated stuff but at least it is clean.

4. They have a game room with a few video games but seem very uncomfortable with children. They are definitely eyeballing your every move and your kids for that matter. Again, they are just very type A kind of people and they want to keep any problems to a minimum I guess.

5. Parking is one space and it is a little one but I have no issue with that either. Every hotel around has that issue.

6. Location is across the street from the beach and although some people might be bothered that they don't step out of their door onto the sand it isn't really a big deal. For some I'm sure they won't like that but then if that's the case, don't stay here....go over to the Port Royal across the street.

So if you are looking for a clean, decent place and don't mind the issues mentioned then this is your place. You definitely can't beat the price and location. The great thing about Wildwood is that if you don't like a hotel, you have 5 million other choices..so just move to the next.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank th2006
Delaware
Reviewed September 18, 2006

This was our 3rd time staying at the Lotus. Each time it has been clean, and the staff has been quite helpful. The Lotus is very family friendly, and the location is great--just cross the street and you are on the beach--no packing up the car! The Lotus is clean, you constantly see someone sweeping up around the property. I would recommend the Lotus to anyone who wants a clean, comfortable hotel close to the beach!!!

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean, great location
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Tmom2
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2006

I stayed at the Lotus Inn the second week of August, 2006, with my family of three young children, my sister and my elderly parents. The hotel was very clean, very accommodating and the staff was extremely helpful. Yes, they do have their rules and regulations and it showed. They really run a tight ship. We had plenty of towels, the rooms were spacious, always clean and the pool was great. We were right next to the bicycle trail, a park for the kids and the hotel was right across from the beach. It really is a great location away from the hustle and bustle of all of the motels in Wildwood. The elevator was a plus because my parents have trouble walking. This was our first trip to Wildwood Crest and having stayed at the Lotus Inn made it a truly wonderful experience. We look forward to returning!!!!

A Satisfied Family from
Eastchester, New York

• Liked — Cleanliness, nice staff
  • Disliked — we had no complaints
  • Tips/Secrets — Relax and have a great time!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#19 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Lotus Inn? Share your experiences!