“Stay somewhere else”

Lotus Inn
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Upon arrival, I was given the third degree about every member of my party. I found the staff not to be helpful and petty. Even providing a bandaid for an injured guest was a big deal. The pool is very small and not very maintained (paint chipping, etc.). The room is not very comfortable. Mattresses are soft and we work-up each morning with bad backs. Towels and bedding is thread bare. There is a single air conditioner in the bedroom and no ventilation in the living room. This means you need to crank-up the a/c in the bedroom in order to cool the living room. This makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

Wildwood is a great place to stay but skip the Lotus Inn and you'll enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2005

Just returned from a great stay at the Lotus Inn. I traveled with 2 friends and 4 boys, ages 9, 8, 5 and 4. We shared adjoining rooms and had a lovely time going from one room to the next. Our room location was by the stairwell, however, so people could look into our rooms as they went in, which was a drawback, but we made the best of it.

Our bathrooms had been newly remodeled, so we were thrilled to have such nice, clean accomodations. And the room was exceptionally tidy, including the fridge, the stove, etc. I was impressed with the resort's care and upkeep.

I read a review about the non-smoking issue for the smoker; there was more than enough ashtrays outside to accomodate smokers, though I could see that being a bit of a problem for the family with the asthmatic child.

The pool was very cold because it was shady; our boys still enjoyed it. And we all appreciated the continental breakfast in the morning. Other nice touches: spacious rooms, free Disney channel, free 8pm family movie, lots of cable channels (TV is still important even on vacation!), outside shower so the pool stayed clean, the VIP Gold Key discounts at area restaurants, and the outdoor grills. One drawback was the elevator, which took forever -- I waited at least 15 minutes for it to come.

Other places may have more bells and whistles, but I would definitely return to the Lotus Inn, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2005
CT
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Well, when we booked our trip, I had asked the front desk if there were any non-smoking rooms, as my child has asthma....and they said all rooms are smoke-free. Well, when we got there, (along with my older parents....) the elevator was out of service ..we had a 5th floor room...try lugging up your bags with a child and elderly parents in tow....and the room REEKED of cigarette/cigar smoke. I immmediately called down to the front desk, and was told all rooms were non-smoking, when I inquired about another room, they claimed they were all booked. Ever see a kid have an asthma attack on vacation? Poor kid. The pool was shady, and the owner stood outside the pool gate the whole time and practically squirted us with the hose before we entered the pool area with 1 grain of sand on us. The owner seemed very controlling about getting the sand anywhere on the property....but we are on the beach, duh! Had to cross a street to get to the beach, after crossing thru the dunes to get back to the hotel there might have been some sand on us.....haha. Beds seemed clean but A/C only in 1 room....either you're freezing or too warm. So-so experience........we've been back to the Crest at different hotels and were much happier....

• Stayed August 2000
2 Thank BeachBum1234
Reviewed July 5, 2005

June 2005

Year after year our family has stayed at the Lotus Inn and it has become a tradition. The accommodations are exceptionally clean and always well maintained. They offer ocean-view and ocean-front motel rooms, suites, and our favorite, the townhouse! The atmosphere is family-oriented and we always feel welcomed. The beach is directly across the street from the property which makes this ocean-front hotel very desirable. Our kids enjoy the pool and the BBQ's on site. The staff is warm, friendly and always accommodating.

Reviewed May 15, 2005

My family has been going to Wildwood Crest for 15 years - we stay at The Lotus the last two years - And can not wait to July 2005 for our 3rd trip -what a wonderful place to have your family trip. Building is very, very clean, the staff is always helpful and kind. We now consider the Lotus a second home and the only place that the Flynn(s) or Murphy(s) would stay in Wildwood Crest.

Tom & Margie Flynn
Monroe, New York

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2005

I made reservation here but had to cancel because I smoke somtimes and this being MY vacation I want that option...there loss!
I stayed @ Jolly Roger instead and had a great time with my 12 family members* Oh and I smoked!

• Stayed August 2003
1 Thank karenelis2
Reviewed October 21, 2004

Stayed at the Lotus for a second year in a row. The owner accommodated our very specific requests for type of room and location, and was very sympathetic to our needs. The owners are always working hard to keep the place clean, from early in the morniing to late at night, and despite inconsiderate guests. The rooms are comfortable and this hotel, according to my experience with 6 other Wildwood hotels, is the only one that has doors that close quietly rather than the usual metallic slam (no small point with boardwalk/bar partiers returning at all hours of the night). We will be booking next year's stay with them once again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#1 of 67 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Lotus Inn? Share your experiences!