“Lotus Inn”
Review of Lotus Inn

Lotus Inn
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed one-night at the Lotus Inn. We were there for the Fabulous 50's weekend. The room was very clean and reasonably priced. It even had a kitchenette. It's located in the Crest, a little away from the action, but much quieter. The staff is extremely helpful in recommending restaurants and providing directions. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to pay a little extra for a beach view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa F

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great hotel in everyway, to stay at in Wildwood Crest, NJ. From the time we checked in to the time we left we were made to feel at home. It is so clean and friendly and the staff could not be nicer. It is right at the beach and so close to many other attractions. This was our 1st time staying there but won't be our last. We travel a lot and have stayed in some big name hotels that don't even come close to this one. They make you feel like you are coming home to stay with friends. This is A++++ can't wait to go again

Room Tip: We stayed in the ocean front room. It had a great view of the ocean, very quiet and large. It had a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Wildwood Crest, and I had searched online for a long time to find a place that was spacious and comfortable for 5 people. All of the reviews that I read about the Lotus Inn stated about how clean it was, and they were right. We booked the G Townhouse room, which is a 2 floor room. When we walked through the door, I noticed a pleasant, clean smell. Everything was very clean. It had 3 bedrooms upstairs and one bath. A comfortable king size bed in the master bedroom with a private balcony and very spacious and gorgeous view. One bedroom had 2 full beds and the other bedroom had one full size. Those bedrooms have no windows.The bathroom was nice enough and clean. It had a nice little kitchen supplied with plates, cups/glasses, cookware, and utensils. They give you one dish towel and dish cloth, which they replace when they clean the room. There was a bottle of dish washing liquid under the sink, which I had packed because I wasn't sure if they'd have any. It had a nice microwave and coffee maker, full sized refrigerator and a small stove. There is a little bathroom downstairs and there was a little closet tucked underneath the steps, which was a nice place to put my coolers and other stuff that I didn't want sitting around. There was a nice private balcony off the LR. The townhouse room was on the 6th & 7th floors and the view of the ocean was beautiful and much closer than I expected. It was an unobstructed view. It was nice to stand in the kitchen and enjoy the view while cooking. They have a nice little pool that changes colors at night and is very pretty, and I saw BBQ grills there to use in the summer. The owners were just as pleasant and helpful as they could be! They try to help in any way that they can, and really do all they can to make you feel welcome. They act like they really appreciate your business and really care if you are satisfied with your stay, and they even gave us a free little box of fudge. We asked for a dvd player at the office because we had such crappy weather for our stay. They gave us a dvd player and a hair dryer to use for the bathroom. (they probably don't keep it in the rooms because of theft.) They also ask if you need an iron. There are a lot of books at the office that are there to use free of charge. And, they have umbrellas and carts there to rent if you need them for the beach. There are a few essentials there to buy in their office, too. There was just a short walk to the beach, although we didn't get to go there much due to the Nor'easter that was there for our entire stay. The bike path is in front, which I never got to use because of rain and wind. I had hoped to ride our bikes down the path, which joins onto the boardwalk, which is about 12 or 13 blocks away. The Lotus Inn is older, but you can tell that they are working hard at updating. They had just replaced the drapes and bedspreads in our room.They are very particular about things and you have to sign a paper saying that you won't smoke during your stay, which was a plus for me. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke. The only thing that would have made my stay even better would have been a hot tub! I think that would be a definite plus! The cleaning people were all very pleasant, but I would recommend that they give you a "do not disturb" sign for the door. There was nothing to hang on the door, and the cleaning people came when the rest of my crew were still sleeping (they like to sleep in.) But, we asked them to come back at a later time, and they were very pleasant about it I was surprised that they were having a free breakfast Sat./Sun. which they usually stop for the "off season" but they were offering it again that weekend. They had bagels, pastries, cereal and juice/coffee. .All in all, I had a very comfortable stay. I would definitely recommend staying in the townhouse rooms if you want a spacious, comfortable stay with a beautiful oceanfront view. We walked down the side corridor to see what the ocean view rooms were like, and they have a nice view of the ocean also from the side of the building..(that was on the 6th floor)... I'm not sure about the lower floors. My only complaint would be that the elevator is slow and a little noisy. My son's room was right by the elevator, and he said it was pretty loud, but it might be because the walls aren't very sound proof. But, even though it was loud, I was glad that they had a working elevator, because I sure wouldn't have wanted to walk to the 6th floor! I would definitely stay here again, and I look forward to returning some day when there is nicer weather. The off season prices were very good for an oceanfront room.

Room Tip: Top floors for the best view. Oceanfront townhouse had a great view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have been coming to The Lotus Inn for several years and each time we return, it is truly like coming home. The owners, Lori and Tom Stambaugh, and their employee, Judy Mazzotta, are superb! We love the smiles and hugs upon our arrival. The rooms are more than comfortable (have living room, kitchen, bedroom, bath) and are very, very clean and kept so by their housekeeping team led by Jeannie, and the pool and grounds kept by Dan and Ray. Outside we are presented with a panoramic view that is incredible in the day and night. The hotel is surrounded by good restaurants, a bike and walking path that leads to the Boardwalk (not far at all) and the beautiful beach and Ocean. We stay for three weeks September/October and this year we were able to come in May. We feel like the rich and famous. The other tourists that stay are friendly and considerate. I write so we look for an environment that is relatively quiet" and private. Hopefully you will join us next year.

Room Tip: Higher floor, better the view and it's quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Another great weekend was had in Wildwood Crest and at the Lotus Inn. Staying at the Lotus is always a pleasant experience. Tom, Lori and their staff work very hard at keeping the Lotus a clean, comfortable, safe and an enjoyable place to stay. Beautiful weather added to making our weekend a perfect getaway. Would recommend staying at the Lotus, hands down.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marge H
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family and I looked in 2012 for a new hotel and chose to try the Lotus Inn and fell in love with it!! The views are amazing and it is only 1 block from the beach with a park in between. We enjoyed bike riding and were close to the boardwalk, many great restaurants and Cape May. We stayed again in 2013 and plan to stay again next year. The staff is wonderful and we have been extremely pleased with both our stays and are sure the excellence of the hotel will be the same in the future.
Melinda

Room Tip: For a larger family the townhouse rooms are the absolute best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda G
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to go the Lotus Inn in Wildwood Crest this past weekend. We had such a relaxing time. Our room was clean, our bed so comfortable that we slept in each morning. The staff is so friendly, especially, Tom and Lori Stambaugh and also Judy and Naomi. The weather was so wonderful, not too hot and not cold, although a bit windy. Looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Lotus Inn? Share your experiences!