“UGH!”

Ranked #65 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“UGH!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very disappointing. We had stayed here several times many years ago when our children were small and I don't think there has been any updating of anything since that time. We had an efficiency on the 2nd floor. Living room/kitchen - 2 walls were damaged. It appears that there must have been a leak from the floor above; wallpaper/paint was buckled and had not been repaired. Tiles were broken in the kitchen area, the rug was frayed in several places. Never been in a place where "fully equipped kitchen area" consisted of 1 spoon, a few knives and forks and 2 plates. The full refrigerator was appreciated. Bathroom - tiles rusted, no place to put toiletries, no shelves in bathtub for shampoo/conditioner, water pressure OK but changes from hot to cool every 15 seconds or so. Towels were thin and small. When I was brushing my teeth, some black stuff (no idea was it was) fell from somewhere and hit the floor. I looked under the sink and it was rusted, peeling and falling apart. No tissues. Bedroom - for a non-smoking room, it was interesting that the bedspread (very old) had 2 burn holes in it. The linens smelled like bleach so badly they actually burned my eyes. Mattresses were terrible. Location of the motel is great, location of our room was atrocious. It faced the barbecue pit where people gathered - lots of noise and yelling from the ground floor to people on the upper floors. On Saturday, a group took over the only picnic table and stayed there all day. It was noisy at night as well with a beer drinking, loud group having a gathering outside. Lastly, there was no housekeeping. Beds were made only; no vacuuming or cleaning of any kind. We had used one of the washcloths to clean up a small juice spill (left washcloth on the bathroom floor). Staff just put it back on the shelf and did not replace it. It was disappointing to find that a place where so many good memories had been has gone so far downhill.

Room Tip: I have no idea which rooms are acceptable but don't book a room near the barbecue grills.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Claire D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I think it's important to send a note of gratiitude to Greg and the staff at the Ocean View Motel. This is the second year in a row that my wife and I have spent at this hotel. You can't ask for a better rate and a better location in the entire south jersey area. The room gives you an opportunity to see the ocean the second you awake. The heated pool is very relaxing especially for early October. The staff do a great job of tending to our needs and Greg was awsome in telling us all the cool places and activities in the area. We can't wait to get back again next year. Thanks for the the very hospitable accomdations. Suze & John Hanes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the OceanView motel for one night for the Wildwood car show. All of the places I usally stay were booked or would not book for one night. The Oceanview is in a great location and just steps from the beach, and has a nice pool. But the rooms are very dated and have some of the worst mattresses you will very find. The first room we were given had a bed frame issue, so they "upgraded " us to another room which had 4 beds, non of which were any good. If your looking for a cheap room in a great location and dont mind crappy beds, I guess it may work for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank masterpearce

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

ocean
Reviewed September 20, 2012

run down , dirty , and smells of urine / mildew. and thats just leading to the room. Walkways in disrepair , cigarete butts everywhere as well as empty beer can.

rooms are outdated , smell like mildew, no housekeeping and a cheesy bar of soap for entire stay. Best part of his place is seeing it in rearview mirror.

Stay away ....................................trust me

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brian w
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to Wildwood Crest for a three day weekend and stayed at the Oceanview. We had a terrific time. The staff at the motel were very pleasant and friendly. They helped us with anything we needed. The place was very clean and comfortable. The view of the ocean was spectacular. We had a great deal of fun switching between the ocean and the pool. I was on crutches and they were very accomodating of my needs during my stay. I would definitly stay at this motel again, and plan on returning next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My sister and I arrived for a girl's weekend. Immediately upon arrival we were informed that the elevator was broken and would not be working anytime soon. We had booked and paid for an Ocean View Suite. After being assigned a 4th floor room I expressed concern over the steps. (I have a bad hip) The front desk clerk offered us a handicapped room on the first floor. We opted for the 1st floor standard interior room because there was no way I could repeatedly handle 4 flights of stairs. I was still charged the Ocean View Suite rate.
The room was clean and one of the remodeled ones so while basic, it was in reasonable repair.
It was Fire Fighters weekend, so there was a lot of loud parties and luggage cart racing down the halls. I have no issues with our hero's letting off steam, but feel the motel should have a noise curfew for the rest of us to be able to enjoy a good night sleep that began before 3am.
This is a no frills place, with an amazing location.
I was very disappointed that we were charged for a room we were unable to enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012
Bronx, NY
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The smell of mold is everywhere - even in the lobby. The toilet seat couldn't close. They didn't clean the room. The smell of mold was unbearable
I would never stay there again even if it were the only room available for miles.

• Stayed September 2012