Very disappointing. We had stayed here several times many years ago when our children were small and I don't think there has been any updating of anything since that time. We had an efficiency on the 2nd floor. Living room/kitchen - 2 walls were damaged. It appears that there must have been a leak from the floor above; wallpaper/paint was buckled and had not been repaired. Tiles were broken in the kitchen area, the rug was frayed in several places. Never been in a place where "fully equipped kitchen area" consisted of 1 spoon, a few knives and forks and 2 plates. The full refrigerator was appreciated. Bathroom - tiles rusted, no place to put toiletries, no shelves in bathtub for shampoo/conditioner, water pressure OK but changes from hot to cool every 15 seconds or so. Towels were thin and small. When I was brushing my teeth, some black stuff (no idea was it was) fell from somewhere and hit the floor. I looked under the sink and it was rusted, peeling and falling apart. No tissues. Bedroom - for a non-smoking room, it was interesting that the bedspread (very old) had 2 burn holes in it. The linens smelled like bleach so badly they actually burned my eyes. Mattresses were terrible. Location of the motel is great, location of our room was atrocious. It faced the barbecue pit where people gathered - lots of noise and yelling from the ground floor to people on the upper floors. On Saturday, a group took over the only picnic table and stayed there all day. It was noisy at night as well with a beer drinking, loud group having a gathering outside. Lastly, there was no housekeeping. Beds were made only; no vacuuming or cleaning of any kind. We had used one of the washcloths to clean up a small juice spill (left washcloth on the bathroom floor). Staff just put it back on the shelf and did not replace it. It was disappointing to find that a place where so many good memories had been has gone so far downhill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Oceanview Motel, our accommodations are comfortable offering one bedroom motel rooms and suites that can sleep up to seven. All suites include individually controlled air conditioning and heat, a refrigerator, phone, and TV. Our motel is stocked with a video arcade, gift shop, laundry services, wi-fi, BBQ hut, and a beachfront grill. A family friendly motel, Oceanview Motel also has a supervised children's program featuring water balloon contests, egg toss, pie eating contest, swim races, miniature golf, and arts & crafts. Enjoy family bingo with prizes, beauty parades, and hula hoops. Other activities nearby include bike rentals and a bike path directly to Wildwood piers, golf, tennis, sailing, surf casting, and deep sea fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Oceanview Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanview Motel Wildwood Crest
- Oceanview Hotel Wildwood Crest