“Big thanks to Greg & the staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanview Motel

Oceanview Motel
Ranked #65 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Big thanks to Greg & the staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I think it's important to send a note of gratiitude to Greg and the staff at the Ocean View Motel. This is the second year in a row that my wife and I have spent at this hotel. You can't ask for a better rate and a better location in the entire south jersey area. The room gives you an opportunity to see the ocean the second you awake. The heated pool is very relaxing especially for early October. The staff do a great job of tending to our needs and Greg was awsome in telling us all the cool places and activities in the area. We can't wait to get back again next year. Thanks for the the very hospitable accomdations. Suze & John Hanes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the OceanView motel for one night for the Wildwood car show. All of the places I usally stay were booked or would not book for one night. The Oceanview is in a great location and just steps from the beach, and has a nice pool. But the rooms are very dated and have some of the worst mattresses you will very find. The first room we were given had a bed frame issue, so they "upgraded " us to another room which had 4 beds, non of which were any good. If your looking for a cheap room in a great location and dont mind crappy beds, I guess it may work for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank masterpearce

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

ocean
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

run down , dirty , and smells of urine / mildew. and thats just leading to the room. Walkways in disrepair , cigarete butts everywhere as well as empty beer can.

rooms are outdated , smell like mildew, no housekeeping and a cheesy bar of soap for entire stay. Best part of his place is seeing it in rearview mirror.

Stay away ....................................trust me

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brian w
Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to Wildwood Crest for a three day weekend and stayed at the Oceanview. We had a terrific time. The staff at the motel were very pleasant and friendly. They helped us with anything we needed. The place was very clean and comfortable. The view of the ocean was spectacular. We had a great deal of fun switching between the ocean and the pool. I was on crutches and they were very accomodating of my needs during my stay. I would definitly stay at this motel again, and plan on returning next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My sister and I arrived for a girl's weekend. Immediately upon arrival we were informed that the elevator was broken and would not be working anytime soon. We had booked and paid for an Ocean View Suite. After being assigned a 4th floor room I expressed concern over the steps. (I have a bad hip) The front desk clerk offered us a handicapped room on the first floor. We opted for the 1st floor standard interior room because there was no way I could repeatedly handle 4 flights of stairs. I was still charged the Ocean View Suite rate.
The room was clean and one of the remodeled ones so while basic, it was in reasonable repair.
It was Fire Fighters weekend, so there was a lot of loud parties and luggage cart racing down the halls. I have no issues with our hero's letting off steam, but feel the motel should have a noise curfew for the rest of us to be able to enjoy a good night sleep that began before 3am.
This is a no frills place, with an amazing location.
I was very disappointed that we were charged for a room we were unable to enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012
Bronx, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The smell of mold is everywhere - even in the lobby. The toilet seat couldn't close. They didn't clean the room. The smell of mold was unbearable
I would never stay there again even if it were the only room available for miles.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank lavirgini
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My definition of a Wildwood Motel
Older Motel from the 60’s
Not updated except for the furniture
Rust spots in sink or bathtub maybe on the window ledge or floor
Older style bed spread and blinds
Damp carpets
A smell that at first is not recognizable
A bar of small Soap for the whole stay
A/C works some of the time
maybe a broken tile or two in the bathroom
Internet connection ??????
Older Style TV in room
Not the cleanest room on earth
Small parking Spots

NOW with that being said, I have stayed at some of the nicest hotels/motels to some of the worst. In my opinion this Motel had a lot to offer and yes it needs to be fixed up.
This hotel is average when it comes to Wildwood Crest Motel.

THIS IS YOUR TYPICAL MOTEL IN WILDWOOD.

It makes sense to have a room that fits your stay. Do you want to cook or not. View of the Ocean or not. The things that mean the most are not for me but for my kids. They did like being next to the beach, going to the board walk at night, bike rentals, pool, mini golf, arcade. Keeping them happy made for a great stay. So if you go you know what to expect.

This Motel does not get 5 stars but 3 stars but the staff tried hard to make a good stay for everyone. :)
Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia

Room Tip: Just ask questions. The front desk will do what they can to help. Remember this is not the Borgata...