“The Best of the Worst=THE PORT ROYAL!”
Review of Port Royal Hotel

Port Royal Hotel
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My family & I have been staying at the Port Royal for the last 7 years, & EVERY year I say THIS IS THE LAST TIME!!! My husband, daughter & I came back to our room only to find the door adjar! We "IMMEDIATELY contacted the Front Desk & got "Oh that's terrible, I'll take care of it"...Fortunately, my husband's laptop & our things were undisturbed. I went into the hall & spotted 2 rooms in our immediate area ALSO with their doors adjar!! When I again contacted the Front Desk I was told "Well it would be very nice of you to just pull the shut" WHAT!!! this is such a lack of security on the hotel's part it's scary! Next say, same situation! Our room was $254 per night, friends of ours tell us we are INSANE to pay that to stay at the shore, but we always felt that the Port Royal was better than the rest.This yar our room was dusty, the sheets were stained and the room was very warm. My daughter & I watched people come over from the Lotus (across the street) and jump in the Port Royal's pool! Anyone can come in off the street & use what we're paying top dollar for. I was not th eonly unhappy camper either, I was in the restaurant and I heard another guest complaining that "she has been staying here for almost 20 years and this is NOT what the PORT ROYAL used to be...SAVE YOU MONEY...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sofie531

Reviewed August 6, 2010

We love the Port Royal and have been coming to this hotel for the past 10 years (or more) . They are always upgrading. We usually book an ocean front room, but this time we came for a couple of nights and booked the deluxe hotel room, and were very pleased. The hotel does a great job of keeping the rooms cleaned , the lobby is beautiful, and their restaurant always serves the freshest foods. Their is no better place to stay than the Port Royal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

- Clean room & common areas.
- Friendly staff.
- Kids loved the pool (has a 9 foot deep end but no diving board).
- Easy access to the beach.
- Good restaurant in the lobby for breakfast. Didn't try dinner though.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Recently stayed at the Port Royal for 4 nights and I have to say it was phenomenal. Everything from check-in to check-out was handled professionally and the maids could not be more accomodating. We had to move from one roon to another which put a little snag in our trip but only because the people getting out of the other room refused to leave by 11 am. The front desk had the cleaning staff in there immediately and we were able to get on with our vacation in no time.

We called last minute for a reservation and I have to say the woman on the other end couldn't have been more helpful trying to find us a room for the dates we needed and from speaking with some "regulars" at the pool, we were very lucky to get a room since they are usually booked that week with a lot of "regulars".

Can't wait to go back next time! Don't think twice about booking your trip here, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank kimmy226
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Nothing beats a vacation down at the Jersey Shore, especially if its in Wildwood Crest and at the Port Royal Hotel. We stayed there July 14-18 in a deluxe hotel room that overlooked the pool. The hotel is beautiful, superbly maintained (except for the missing ice machine on the 6th floor) and well-managed. Particular praise goes to the the household staff who are professional and friendly and who keep the rooms and common areas ultra clean. Many guests return to the same rooms on the same dates every year so you are apt to see familiar faces. When I checked out on Sunday morning, I paid my deposit for my 2011 stay - putting down $$$ 51 weeks in advance tells you that I seriously consider this a 5-star hotel and an important part of my summer vacation.

Some details: its ocean front and there is a boarded walkway from the street down to the beach (75% of the way). the pool is open from 9am until 7pm so its quiet in the evening. This isn't a place for 'college crowd of screaming 20-somethings'. Its on the trolley line so you can easily get down to the boardwalk without worrying about parking

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I go every year. You may look around but is the best. Amazing clean pool, great food at the restaurant. Nice rooms and friendly staff. Pretty close to the boardwalk, and no wayward teenagers around. STAY HERE! AMAZING!

Reviewed July 8, 2010

very clean, friendly staff, nice pool, great location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood Crest
#9 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!