“Nice place to stay”
Review of Port Royal Hotel

Port Royal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Port Royal in mid June, just before the summer season started. We had a nice ocean view suite with a kitchenettes. The decor is nicely updated and the room was spacious for my husband, two small kids and me. The pool is great and beach access is very easy. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is just average and on the expensive side. Parking seems limited and might be a problem in the busy season. This hotel definitely has an older clientele, but that suited us fine since with young kids we aren't exactly looking for a party crowd. this is a nice place to stay if you are visiting Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Tinypossum

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I needed a little away time and just spent two nights (May 15 & 16, 2011) at the Port Royal. I'm a returning guest each July, as we have our "own" dates and our "room" each year that we roll over to the next (never giving it up!) but I did a short trip to Wildwood Crest earlier this week. The previous weekend was the annual Knights of Columbus weekend so it was packed but by Sunday afternoon, the hotel was quiet. The hotel was ready for the summer - the facilities were ultra clean as the long-term housekeeping staff & maintenance guys were all quietly giving final touchups to the property. The desk staff were answering phones and trying to fit reservation requests into their calendar.

I walked all around Wildwood Crest on my morning walks and noticed that many of the big-name hotels had yet to really begin getting ready (usually they are all up & running by Mother's Day 5/9/11 and the big Memorial Day weekend is less than two weeks away). These hotels had yet to pressure wash their facilities or paint over the weather rusted railings. They had yet to come out of hibernation.

But not the Port Royal. It is primed for the summer, it is glistening and it will remain as the #1 hotel in The Wildwwods. And I'm glad I have my reservation for mid July . . . if they could only guarantee hot sunny days.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Our family has a long history of enjoying our vacations at the Port Royal, starting back to my husband’s annual childhood summer vacations with his family. I then joined their family our senior year of high school, which happened to be my first experience at the Jersey Shore and we have never gone anywhere else. As the years progressed, my husband proposed to me on your beaches and as our family grows we never miss introducing our little ones to the Port Royal/Wildwood experience. Our girls are now 8, 6, and 11 months!
Port Royal has been and remains the cleanest, most accommodating, family friendly hotel in Wildwood! The entire staff from the front desk to the maid services are friendly and inviting. We look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2011

If you're looking for an upscale hotel that caters to families at the Jersey shore, this is it. We have been visiting Wildwood Crest for almost 40 years and saw this hotel as it was being built. It was always hard to get a reservation and now we know why. We were lucky enough to stop by on a whim about 7 years ago and have been repeat vacationers ever since. We book our room for the following season before we check out to make sure we have our room for the following year. The hotel is renovating their rooms and each one is spectacular. The entire staff from the front desk to the pool guy are there to make sure your stay is memorable. They have a great on-site restaurant too. Because of it's location on the beach you don't have to worry about crossing the main street with your children and gear in tow. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to spend time at the shore in a quality hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mommawoz
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel is the best hotel in Wildwood. Easy registration, clean rooms, friendly maids, good food in the restaurant....what more can I say?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kspumpkin
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stay at this hotel every year at end of Summer. Most families return each year w/their kids. Lovely heated pool which my 7 year old and husband love (3ft to 9ft)- always clean. Great lounge chairs & unbrellas. Love the gift shop and on-site restaurant--great food. Situated right on the "bike/jogging/walking path", and then the ocean. Every room has fantastic view from very nice balcony. A little more pricey than the smaller hotel/motels...but you're getting for more as well--larger hotel, lovely lobby & rooms, lots of amenities (5 min. drive to Boardwalk with rides, games, etc.)
You pay for what you get - and we're never disappointed!! You'll love it here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Have stayed here for over 15 years & the hotel remains one of our favorite vacation venues!Hotel is well operated & very neat & clean.Dining room has GREAT chef & personable staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Lower Township
Olympic Beach Resort
Olympic Beach Resort
#18 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Port Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!