“One Of Our Best Vacations Ever!”
Review of Bal Harbour Hotels

Bal Harbour Hotels
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed January 15, 2011

When I first started to read all of the reviews I must say I was very nervous, but after being there I don't understand what all the bad vibes were about.

The rooms may be a bit out dated and I believe the smell everyone talks about is due to the constant moisture from the pools and the ocean, but when you look out the balcony doors you find it is worth the trip. The view is truly amazing and I have never been to a hotel/motel that kept such a NICE, CLEAN pool area.

The hotel staff was very kind and helpful unlike the reviews stated by some visitors, we truly had a wonderful time, my granddaughter was just amazed by the whole experience and she, her dad and grandfather loved the video arcade.

Remember that you are paying partially for the view and what a view it is!!!!

There is so much to do in the surrounding area that it was worth every penny we spent.
As we drove around and viewed some of the other hotels in the area we knew we had made the right hotel choice for us.

We are returning in July and can't wait to walk the beach again (which is steps away with its' own entrance from the hotel) and oh "WATCH THE TRAM CAR PLEASE"

SEE YOU THERE!

The Andriano Family

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Travelfanatic01

Reviewed September 21, 2010

While the hotel was clean, the hotel is so dated. The bathrooms haven't been remodeled in at least 25 yrs. The bed spread are from the 80's and the mattress felt like it too. The halls are dark. I wouldn't stay here ever again, they'd have to pay me.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
WWCBeach, Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

While we appreciate the concerns of this customer they are invalid and inaccruate. The hotel goes through renovations every off season as need. Our hallways are bright and wide. Bathrooms are reonovated and retiled every year.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

As the others have been saying, not great but a nice hotel. We stayed in the E1 Yankee Clipper room. Rooms are fairly large, full kitchen with mini appliances. Was a little mildew smell but that's probably hard to avoid at the beach. Some complaints, no hand towels for sink use, low water pressure in kitchen sink (hard to do dishes), long wait at elevators, restaurant only open 2 hours for dinner and selection is limited. Other than that rooms and hotel are ok. Arcade is old and many didn't work but the kids still enjoyed themselves. Pools are nice and clean. Convenient to beach, sufficient parking outside and underground. Would probably visit again in the future, just be prepared to go elsewhere for meals.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We just returned from 4 nights at the Bal Harbor. The basic hotel is good, great location right on the beach, good sized rooms, all rooms have their own balcony and a good beach view, and the place is solid - we couldn't hear noise from adjacent rooms, we had a kitchenette with a real oven etc.

But like many other hotels in the Wildwoods this one needs updating too. 2 of the 3 drawers on the dresser/tv stand were broken (beyond fixing), rooms are from the 1970's, the pool area needs a really good power washing (yucky painted concrete). And the hotel is on the cheap side - thin towels, I didn't know you could get toilet paper this thin, only one ice machine in the garage, old/used wire hangers in the closet, no hair dryer, no dish soap to do your dishes, etc. No lid on the toilet seat but it wouldn't stay up anyway because the shelf comes out too far. The kitchen comes with a silveware tray but it seems fitting that the tray is too large to fit in the drawer. As other reviews mentioned the parking spaces are "you gotta be kidding me" narrow.

Yes the pool closes at 6pm but so do a lot of other hotels.

Some other reviewers call this place "terrible" but its not that bad - but certainly isn't very good.

We want a nicer getaway and next time will pay more (maybe $75 a nite) for a nicer hotel. We'd come back here if/when they renovate.

I rated this place "average" for Wildwood but would rate it "poor" compared to what you'd usually expect from a normal hotel (and yes, I have stayed in worse places!).

2  Thank hkfrompa
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Reading all the terrible reviews AFTER we had already booked our vacation I was VERY nervous checking into the hotel. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised. The Staff was very courteous and helpful upon check-in. The room was larger than I expected. Clean with no odor. The rooms could use some fresh decor but this is Wildwood, New Jersey. The hotel could not be closer to the beach with a beautiful view. Yes. the pool does close at 6:30 and the parking it tight but well worth the price of the room. I would definitely stay at Bal Harbour again!

Reviewed August 25, 2010

The hotel is pretty nice but a little outdated- old furniture, extremely small kitchen space. the maids were not too great, a vacuum clean would have been nice here and there. but the place was clean. the pool was big and extremely clean, and the poolside grille was a plus. we tried the restaurent, and for breakfast and dinner, the food was great and the servers were very very nice. the arcade was big too. I would come back next year.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed in a M1 room and when I made the reservations I asked for an upper floor and I was pleased to hear I was on the highest floor, the 6th. Check in was at 3pm I arrived at 1:30 pm and the room was ready for me. The room was clean there were 2 sinks, one on the outside of the bathroom and the other inside. There was a nice size refrigerator with a freezer and that was spotless as well. The view was beautiful I could see the ocean, boardwalk, the bay and the parking as well as the Concador motel (sp?) next door. Some cons were the bed was a little hard, the pool closed at 7 (I did not really use it anyways) the elevator was VERY slow and the door said "vacant" when the dead bolt was not locked. I did not have an issue with cleanliness at all. My room was cleaned everyday, fresh towels and beds made.To get into the pool you needed to wear a wrist band. The lobby has a no sunscreen rule which did not make much sense nor did I abide by it. Bike rack in below ground parking, and the path to the boardwalk is about 2 blocks down the street. I ate at the restaurant the morning I left and it had decent prices (breakfast sandwich was about $5 w/ potatoes) and the food was pretty good. I would 100% recommended this hotel to anyone, it was truly a wonderful experience and I would def. go back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple