All reviews summer vacation large pool view of the ocean next year staying at this hotel separate bedroom last summer yankee clipper flat screen the jersey shore the past years labor day family vacation many years great vacation pools bh
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

So this was our first time staying here this past week and there are pros & cons. Let point out the good first since there are many. The pool area is very clean and kept well. There is a short walk to the beach right off from the hotel which is nice since you have the best of both worlds available. If your so inclined you can even rent beach chairs & umbrellas from a guy at the beach. We love the beach, but some days us we just want to relax by the pool. There is an on-site Resturant where we ate breakfast & lunch. The food was very good & the prices are average for a vacation area. The room we stayed in was an E4 class & it was a large size efficiency with a medium sized fridge with kitchen table, a private bedroom & a queen bed as part of the living room. There was also a sliding door that led to a balcony which faced the street but you could see part of the ocean. The metal keys were NBD so I don’t know why so many people complain about using them. The beds were older and not the type I would have at home, but they were clean and served their purpose. All in all this was a good place to stay. There are some negatives. Upon entering the room there was a musty smell, so a bit of fabreeze could help. The room and fixtures were dated, but in ok shape, since the room is just for sleeping & showering in it’s fine. The things that should have been caught by the cleaning staff were simple to remedy. A light bulb was out, part of the couch was busted, the closet door had a small hole in it. I went to the front desk and the woman called maintenance & they fixed it immediately. The only thing that really bugged us was you could tell the carpet was not vacuumed since we found crumbs and other things on the floor. So I grabbed the vacuum in the hall & I did it myself! And there was a random sock in the dresser drawer and some glue or other substance spattered in a few drawers so we couldn’t use them. Also the room furniture needed a good wipe down. I did it myself and the wipes picked up a lot. These are easy fixes and that is something they need to speak to the cleaning crew about. The towels aren’t big or new but it isn’t the end of the world. They were clean! There are updated rooms in the hotel so if you do you homework you can get one of those if so inclined. The ladies at the front desk were busy, but polite and attentive to our needs or any issues if they arose. The parking spots in front of the hotel are a bit tight but the ones under the hotel & on the side are bigger, so park there. It’s somewhat dated in some rooms, and the best thing they could do is have an inspection of the rooms to help the cleaning & maintenance crew stay on top of any issues the guests are not reporting. At the end of the day it’s a good place to stay due to the location, but the lack of room inspection by the cleaning staff hurts the hotel. The room was 3 stars but the pool/beach access and location were 4 stars.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Great view and access to the beach! While the hotel is not brand new, this is true for most of Wildwood. We have been coming to area for over 20 years and the beach cannot be beat! BH has been better maintained than many other places we have stayed at and was very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Pool area is very good for kids- there is a concession area and game room as well as several kiddie depth pools. Coffee shop offers good coffee and breakfast with a nice view.

Room tip: Water pressure always seems to be a problem in Wildwood with hotels on uppermost floors.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Just spend the yearly family vacation in Wildwood Crest at the Bal Harbour. Great hotel. Right on the beach. Pool is really good. Cafe downstairs is delicious and has a poolside window. The room was spacious and plenty of room for 3 people. Kitchen efficiency is the way to go since you get a microwave and the medium size fridge. We were on the 3rd floor in the sailfish bldg and I was able to take hot showers each day of my stay at any time of the day. Air conditioning in the room was fully operational and kept the place as cool as you want it to be.

The only minor complaint I had was that the mattress was not the greatest. We knew 2 other families staying at the hotel and they seemed to have must better mattresses.

Overall the place gets a 9/10. I highly recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Let's get one thing straight. This isn't a brand new hotel. But we found so many good features that will lock in our stay for next year. 1. Our private balcony overlooking the pool had a beautiful ocean view with plenty of sun all day. 2. The room was very large (2 beds) and had 2 bathroom sinks! 3. The "adult" pool was large and very well maintained with plenty of chairs. 4. The hotel is right on the beach. 5. We were close to Cape May, Wildwood, and Stone Harbor. 6. The restaurant serves good tasting coffee. 7. The mattress was very comfortable. 8. From the front desk to housekeeping, all of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at BH for about 7 years now and I refuse to stay anywhere else. I love the location and the pool. I've gotten used to the low toilets, hard towels and low water pressure because hey I'm at the beach and I've learned to bring my own towels!

We usually book well in advance but this year the option to break up the mid week special was no longer available so we decided to roll the dice and see if we could luck up on a decent room. My husband worked his magic and managed to get the last room (so they said) for 2 nights and then another for the remainder of our stay. Upon entering the 1st room I began to pout. It was the room right above the entrance to the garage (round balcony) zero view and beyond dated. Room had no coffee maker and a dirty black tub. We immediately had to call for maintenance as the toilet was not flushing. We were told that this room rarely gets booked unless it's the last one available. My thought on that is if it has the potential to be booked why not upgrade it so that the people that stay in it don't feel like peasants. Cant do anything about the view but the wicker faced cabinets need to go!
We settled in and outside of the aesthetics we enjoyed ourselves. As promised the morning of our move to the next room we were assisted with transporting our belongings.

I will continue to return to BH but will work harder to convince the hubby to book in advance to avoid my initial disappointment.

Date of stay: July 2018