After staying with family who rented a new condo across from the Bal Harbour we needed a hotel for the last night. It was convenient and looked decent from the outside so we were happy they had something available. We were not as happy after they told us the price though! Desperate, hot and weary after finding no other vacancies in WC and seeing a few horrible motels further into Wildwood, we decided to take the only room they had left, a 2 bedroom efficiency which had two bedroom areas, a kitchenette/seating area with a pull out couch and one bathroom. It was very nice compared to what we saw in Wildwood but not in line with what they are charging.
Pros - Family friendly quiet location, nice pool area with snack bar and multiple kiddie pools. Restaurant on premises (it really does need better AC though). Balcony with unobstructed ocean view. The room and appliances were basic but clean. The room AC worked well, we were actually cold and it was 100 degrees out. The bathroom was small but it was clean, no mildew or musty smell. I should also say we had no problems with staff as others did, everyone we encountered was pretty pleasant.
Cons - OVERPRICED. Furniture had some stains and one of the kitchen chairs had a burn mark. Definitely not in line with what you would expect from a beachfront "resort" as they bill themselves. Small toilet with no cover, kind of like something you would find in an elementary school. We figured this is probably due to older construction. It actually was perfect for our little ones. Elevators were small, very slow and had no AC. Hallways were hot also. Did I mention it was overpriced.....
I think for a place that prices itself as a luxury resort, the expectation should be a little higher than some of the other beach front motels that charge less. I think for $100 less a night it would have been worth it. That said, the pool was great, the balcony overlooking the beach was heaven and most importantly we had fun. I might consider going back but would definitely not want to pay peak season prices again. After our experience though I think if we had a full week we would do a condo next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bal Harbour is the most complete family resort complex in the Wildwoods. Spanning a full block right on the beach, it is a luxurious hotel with its own private entrance to the beautiful beaches of Wildwood Crest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Bal Harbour Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bal Harbour Oceanfront
- Bal Harbour Oceanfront Wildwood Crest
- Bal Harbour Hotel Wildwood Crest