“Great Hotel--coming back next year”
Review of Bal Harbour Hotels

and 1 more site!
Bal Harbour Hotels
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Hotel--coming back next year”
Reviewed August 25, 2005

We had a terrific stay at this lovely hotel. I must admit, I was a little nervous upon reading some of the reviews, but after our stay at the Bal Harbour, I was extremely pleased with everything. I found the room to be very accomodating and clean, and the staff was courteous and friendly. We plan to return again next year with our three small children (ages 5,4 and 8 months). I'm glad we took a chance and formed our own opinion about this very nice hotel.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed August 20, 2005

This is the first and hopefully the last time I will ever write a negative hotel review, however, I feel obliged to do so. If you're looking for any type of customer service, this is not the place you're going to find it. The staff at the Bal Harbour Hotel was rude, inconsiderate and downright obnoxious. The hotel is dark, the rooms are puny and the food is atrocious. If you're really looking for a decent hotel for the price, you should look at the Port Royal...only a few blocks away. We had a nice dinner there...it was clean, the staff was gracious and kind and it just felt nice (prices are very comparable). I really do have to wonder about the sobriety and the sanity of the people who gave the Bal Harbour high marks...I'm not some snob, but I do have some standards and this hotel seems to have none. My 2 1/2 year old son fell and bumped into the 2nd story window (it's at floor level) which proceeded to shatter into several pieces...he almost fell out of it because this hotel didn't have tempered glass (which they lied about and insisted they did). Each night, as we returned to our cell ( I mean room) we wondered what we had done to deserve this awful hotel. It felt like punishment. If you wish to punish or torment your loved ones. . .stay at the Bal Harbour, it's good for that. If you love your family, I can not say it enough times...please save your time, your money and possibly your life by not staying at this incredibly awful establishment.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Reviewed August 13, 2005

We stayed a few weeks ago at the Bal Harbour Hotel, it was a wonderful experience. We had a 2 bedroom suite. The oceanview was absolutely beautiful. We stayed on both sides of the hotel, one overlooking the ocean, the other side overlooking the pool area & ocean (dolphin building). The rooms were clean and had everything we needed including stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, pots & pans, glasses, silverware. Best of all, each bedroom had its own air conditioning unit. We are already planning on booking another stay, well worth the money. We paid $200/night. Regular price is around $280/night. The hotel had 4 outdoor pools ( 3 for infants/toddlers & 1 for adults that includes a diving board). It was an awesome vacation ***** (5 stars by our rating).

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2005

Every summer growing up we always went to Wildwood and we always stayed at the Bal Harbor. Today, not only do we all continue to go as a family, but I bring my own children. I have been visiting there every summer for nearly 20 years and am always extremely satisfied with the services, the rooms, and my treatment while I'm a guest there. It is true that the staff can, on occasion, be somewhat surly. However, in their defense, it is my opinion, based upon observation, that they react that way only when the guest is being rude to them. I am always extremely polite and treat them with respect. I receive the same in return. Housekeeping is wonderful and always do a thorough job. The front desk staff is always helpful with questions about where to locate things such as grocery stores. Any slight issues I've ever had with my room, such as a screen door off track, have been corrected in a courteous and timely manner. The pools are well tended to, and the lifeguards are polite and always on close watch. Parking is tight, but alot of that could be alleviated if other guests would refrain from bringing unnessecarily large trucks and SUV's. The folks in the gift shop are very kind and sweet. No, the rooms are not spacious, but if you are going to spend alot of time in your room, why bother going on vacation at all? The view of the shore is fantastic! It's a great place to stay! Clean, friendly, comfortable, and quiet. I had such a good time this past summer that I'm going again for one of their fall packages in another month or so. Warning to you metropolitans: If you don't want to be treated rudely by the staff, don't treat them rudely. Pretty simple.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PA
Reviewed July 24, 2005

I reserved a 1 bedroom suite. Paid $200 in advance, by check! to reserve room. When we arrived we insisted on seeing the room, before paying for the week in advance - IN CASH! We were shown the room by a janitor who didn't speak English! The room was so small it was beyond belief. We had reserved a "Pirates Cove" room and were assured it was a large enough suite for 3 people. The "bedroom" was so small it could only hold the bed - no bureau, nothing else! The main room and kitchenette - as small if not smaller than the bedroom. There wouldn't have been enough room to put our luggage in the room no less 3 people.

The restroom off the lobby was FILTHY, and you had to request a key to use it!

They would not refund my $200 and we left!

9 Thank AStephe4
central New Jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2005

The Bal Harbour isn't so bad! My husband and I took our 3 year old here the last week of June and I was pleasantly surprised. We had an oceanfront motel room with a private balcony. We found it very clean, the staff was friendly enough and eager to help us. And it was quiet! When we were in our room, you couldn't hear anything outside in the hall or the next room. The view was amazing and you're directly on the beach, so there's no street to cross and nothing blocking your view. The arcade was clean, the pools were clean and they even have an outside eatery. We go to Wildwood every year and stay someplace different each time. The main thing I look for in a shore hotel is the cleanliness. I get very grossed out if I smell smoke or if places have that dirty feel to it and this place didn't at all.

There were some negative aspects of staying here though. The beds are extremely hard! Extremely! The toilet does not have a lid, it's more like a public restroom toilet and the handle is under the counter. Don't know what they were thinking with that one! And the elevators are slow. After walking on the boardwalk all night and you're carrying a sleeping kid, you don't want to wait!

Overall, I would recommend it. If you can go during one of their specials, the price is very comparable to others in the Crest. It may not be the best hotel down there, but it's worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank pidndude
Reviewed July 11, 2005

i thought the staff was wonderful and if your not someone who is needy of all kinds of things, they were helpful and kind. the pool always clean and under good watch. the room was very nice & clean. Cleaned daily and house keeping very helpful. We're talking Wildwood New Jersey not beverly hills. getting to the beach - great. food - good hospitality- great great great. i would stayed there everytime we go. Again if you are someone going to Wildwood (knowing it's Wildwood NJ) you will have a great time, and know the staff will treat you well. Also what i found to be very satistfiying was there were cameras EVERYWHERE. Safety... a BIG PLUS

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member