“Bal harbor treats guests like dirt!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bal Harbour Hotels
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bal harbor treats guests like dirt!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2004

We just came back from staying Sunday to Thursday at Bal Harbor hotel. The day before I called to confirm our reservation. I was told that I cancelled. I told the women there must be a mistake because I never cancelled. She told me they would be able to accomodate us but I need to move 3 times because they booked my room! Since this was the day before our trip my husband and I thought we should probably keep our reservation. I booked this in April by giving Bal Harbor a night's deposit. So on the second day we had to move we were out of a room for 3 hours the owner told me they would take care of everything for us. She should have said that they scope your ironed folded clothes into a garbage bag and then drop them on the bed in your new room. The next day we did the move again. Only this time I placed my folded clothes in our suitcase to avoide the wrinkles. I was able to find out that if you actually cancel you have to do this in writing. I asked the owner where is my letter, she couldn't produce one because I never cancelled? I am only writting this review because I think Bal Harbor should not be in business! The owner lives to fight. I overheard her say the cruelest things to other guests. The dolphin rooms smells like a wet rug and desperately need new furniture.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2004

I made our reservation before looking at the review site. Bal Harbour was very clean. Poolside cafe was very good. They advertised 4 pools. The big pool was nice but of course the pictures on the brochures and web site made it look much bigger than it actually is. The other 3 pools were less than 2 1/2 feet deep. I too, was a victim of bait and switch. There was a problem with my reservation but they had a cancellation for a more expensive bigger room. The room was beachfront but very small. The location was great. There were a few big rain storms. We had no problems with leaks but I did overhear someone complaining to the manager about leaks in the rooms. The manager said the storms were so strong there was a problem and if it were reoccurring they would change their room. As in other reviews, it was noted about the small parking spots. This is true but I also found it to be true for almost anywhere in the Crest. If I return to WildWood Crest I would opt for another hotel, hopefully getting more value for my money. The hotel was adequate, pricey and a little bit shady.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2004

Bal Harbor was THE perfect place to stay in Wildwood. The rooms were not dirty at all, the service downstairs at the desk was awesome (I encountered no rudeness), the pools were beautiful and always clean, the arcade was fun and the room itself was just fantastic. It was spacious and very clean, and I loved it.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2004

Bal Harbour made our stay great. There were a few things that we didn't like but above all, it's a wonderful hotel. The hotel, compared to others in the area, is excellent. It's probably one of the biggest and spacious hotels in Wildwood Crest. It's a great family hotel, with four swimming pools, a restaurant, large game room, and private access to the beach. The staff at the front desk is extremely rude though. We needed to go to the bathroom but our rooms weren't ready. The only way to get into a bathroom is to use a room key. We politely asked the desk for a key to use and they were ANYTHING but nice. Another thing we didn't really like was that your room key opens most every other door. What's that about? Hmm...

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member