“Been 20 years since last stayed here, it looks like nothing has changed, same wallpaper and bedspreads, yuk!”
Review of Bal Harbour Hotels

Bal Harbour Hotels
Ranked #34 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This place was the best destination 20 years ago, but its so old, outdated, and in serious need of an interior decorator! The prices are still high, but location is one of the best in Wildwood. The pool area is going down hill. The railings on the balconies are so low, I am afraid to go near them, fear of falling over. The service is excellent but this place has stood still in time. They were packed season after season but looks like the decades of profit for them did not go into improvements.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank southstreetvcl

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoy coming to Bal Harbour every Memorial Day Weekend.The staff was friendly Jamie,
checked us in with no issues.We cant wait to return its so relaxing.And the specials they offer are affordable for hard working people.

Room Tip: I love the ocean view its peaceful as well as relaxing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 173KIMBO
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We are so upset with the whole place. Room smelled of mold. Filthy rugs. Beds were horrible, a sidewalk would have been softer. Staff was rude. Not to mention, going to the "basement" to use the iron. Place made my skin crawl. Mold in the air vents was a total bonus, said no one ever!

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Witsy2731
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family just returned from our yearly stay at Bal Harbour and we are as usual pleased as punch!!! I would have to agree with the other reviewers that stated it's like coming home each year I catch a glimpse of the hotel. My stress leaves my body and I get excited at hitting the beach as soon as we unpack. Our room as usual was perfect with a view of the pool and the ocean. The only minor complaint i had was that the lighting was very dim in the room....I just turned every light on to help combat that so not a huge deal. I was very pleased to see that they offered free wi if this year especially with my sons obsession with Sprout! We took the package with 4 breakfasts and one dinner which offered a great value. We shopped for groceries and I cooked a majority of our meals as my son has food allergies. I love the fact that the rooms are basically an apartment. I doubt we will ever stray from this hotel!! Look forward to next year!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I recently completed our stay at one of our favorite resort hotels, the Bal Harbour, while visiting the northeastern states from our home base in Missouri. We have stayed here both off and on season about four times over the past 10-15 years, and our visits have always been consistently top-shelf. Our room was on the third floor with an ocean view and a nice balcony to enjoy the fresh ocean air. The room, as always, was nicely appointed, with a kitchenette, and clean. When I say clean, I mean clean in the corners, and anyone who travels frequently knows what I’m saying. The staff is very friendly and helpful, making you feel more like family than customers. We took our breakfasts in the restaurant, and found the food to be fresh and well-prepared, and the service was excellent. The meals were enhanced by our view of the dolphins swimming in the surf, just off the beach. All in all, our visit to the Wildwoods was made even better by top-notch hotel accommodations. We look forward to a return visit sometime in the future. You can’t go wrong by making the Bal Harbour your hotel choice for a visit anywhere in Cape May County.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Where do I begin to say how much I enjoy my stays at the Bal Harbor!!! I just returned from a four day stay which was my sixth year in a row!! Every year it is like returning “home”…before I am even out to the car, the young man who does basically everything there greets us with a warm smile and welcomes us back. Then you walk inside and Jamie greets us like family. Each year she is there to help begin our four days in the sun! The hotel is located right on the beach and every room has an ocean view complete with dolphins almost every day. There are also three pools which are kept so clean by the wonderful young man who has been there for years. He even sweeps the garages! The rooms vary depending on your needs and the kitchenettes are very well equipped with everything you will need. There is a restaurant right on sight with a wonderful view of the beach---shout out to Mike who greets us each year. If you want to dine out---Marie Nicole’s (Wildwood Crest), Island Grill, Pier house are both in Cape May---casual but pricey with great food. Ugly Mug is always great for a lobster or a burger.
If you want a great place to stay right on the beach with a friendly, warm staff….look no further!

Room Tip: The side by pool has the best view:)
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Wow, outdated is an understatement. The best thing about this place is closeness to the beach and the views (if you have an ocean view room).
The beds are horrible. The elevator made me feel like I was in a bad horror movie. The restaurant? I'd rather not. Just don't eat there. Several times I walked by staff members smoking in areas that I don't think were designated for smoking. The staff were not so friendly either. Parking - you only get one spot, fine. But the parking spaces are so small; let's just say my honda civic barely fit! When I got in a spot I could barely get out of my door. Overall, this place is a dud. And the decor - this place was probably good in the 80s.

Stayed: June 2014