On May 27, 2013 I made a reservation with Bal Harbour for August 15 to 18, then I read the reviews and a couple of hours I cancelled. So I called and they said I was going to be charge 50% of the deposit, I was amazed because it was just hours, the monies was not even posted to my credit card. Today May 28th I call Alexis, the woman who was so very helpful and kind the situation. I explained to her, when you deal with the public you can't make anybody happy, they will always find something wrong, so the reviews did not concern me, what did concern me was how management handled the complaint. In this type of business you must expect good and bad review but his response and the unprofessional manner he responded really concerned me especially I am going there with my grand children who are 2 and 5. Now what did surprise me with Alexis is she said to me that she did mention the 50% cancellation and I said no you didn't what you did mention was the 18.00 weekend fee. So because of the reviews I decided to record the whole conversation and she never mentioned the 50% cancellation fee. So after discussing this with Alexis she asked me where did I read the reviews I told her and she said she will have management call me because it was just hours. So I thanked her and hung up.
Several minutes later the person, Manager, calls me and says you will lose the 50% of the deposit, not I am sorry you are cancelling is there anything we can do to rectify the matter. Nope he said that is how he deals with anonymous people, he wouldn't let me get a word in so I decided just to talk and explain to him that you are in management and regardless always be professional so all he kept saying, I was going to lose 50% of my deposit and then again you going to lose your deposit. So I told him this is why I decided to cancel because of this Manager, the Hotel might be the best thing Wildwood Crest has to offer but because Steve, the manager is extremely rude and unprofessional no one would want to stay or should stay in this place. I am wondering if the owners of this place are aware of the rude, unprofessional reputation this manager is giving this establishment. If anyone knows the owners or how to make them aware please share, forward this information with them.
Based on my experience in dealing with this place, please save yourself the aggravation and do not deal with Management.
Now he said he dealt with anonymous reviews negatively so my name is Jacqueline DiFranco and I approve of this message. lol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bal Harbour is the most complete family resort complex in the Wildwoods. Spanning a full block right on the beach, it is a luxurious hotel with its own private entrance to the beautiful beaches of Wildwood Crest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bal Harbour Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bal Harbour Oceanfront
- Bal Harbour Oceanfront Wildwood Crest
- Bal Harbour Hotel Wildwood Crest