We're old Wildwood vacationers. To me it doesn't get any better than oceanfront with good sized rooms and very nice views. Don't understand the rude comments--guess its how you approach people. Me, I try a good joke and kindness. We had the Dickstein familly reunion and decided to go back post season. Always have a good time. I guess its the travel in the car for 4 hours and the stressed out 'you-twit-face" in-touch lives that people loose sight of what you come for. To me its about OCEAN, SUN, WAVES, WATER, VIEW, FRESH BREEZES, RELAX and CHILL out on the patio deck or balcony after a good day in the sun with a nice drink and some dynamite food enjoying the sunset and watchin the kids and grandkids having a blast. Folks: It doesn't get much better than that!! BH is great for it. Focus on that is my suggestion. I mean really--who spends his day in the room at the beach? Huh? And these rooms are big anyway. Last thing I'm worrying about is a 50 cent bar of soap--my wife likes her "special-sauce" $$ shampoo/conditioner anyway. And a hair dryer complaint? Huh? My wife packs her own cause most of the hotel ones smell like someone poured a whole bottle of hair spray in them when you turn them on....and I'm loosing my hair anyway and who worries about hair at the beach? And as far as the desk staff--they always treat me nice. I joke around with them. The blondie girl at the desk I told her "I betcha you're a young at heart Crest clamdigger who broke quite a few hearts in your days." She's funny--get her on a roll laughing. Even the hispanic looking gardener Joe is nice to the kids but doesn't talk much. Always watering the plants in the evening and early morning. [Betcha his wife jokes he was born with a long water hose in his hands...ha ha. ] He's a fixture of the place and we discovered in talking to him and joked we used to see him years ago at Gizmo Chicken with the corn-on-the cob signature horse corn. Small world but then I'm dating myself with old Wildwood stories. So to me I would say GO FOR THE BEACH, the fun, the ocean, the nice breezes, relax, chill, joke with the staff....they're a lot of fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bal Harbour is the most complete family resort complex in the Wildwoods. Spanning a full block right on the beach, it is a luxurious hotel with its own private entrance to the beautiful beaches of Wildwood Crest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bal Harbour Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bal Harbour Oceanfront
- Bal Harbour Oceanfront Wildwood Crest
- Bal Harbour Hotel Wildwood Crest