“Chill out..go for the OCEANFRONT, the big rooms, the FUN times”
Review of Bal Harbour Hotels

Bal Harbour Hotels
Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
cincinnati
“Chill out..go for the OCEANFRONT, the big rooms, the FUN times”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We're old Wildwood vacationers. To me it doesn't get any better than oceanfront with good sized rooms and very nice views. Don't understand the rude comments--guess its how you approach people. Me, I try a good joke and kindness. We had the Dickstein familly reunion and decided to go back post season. Always have a good time. I guess its the travel in the car for 4 hours and the stressed out 'you-twit-face" in-touch lives that people loose sight of what you come for. To me its about OCEAN, SUN, WAVES, WATER, VIEW, FRESH BREEZES, RELAX and CHILL out on the patio deck or balcony after a good day in the sun with a nice drink and some dynamite food enjoying the sunset and watchin the kids and grandkids having a blast. Folks: It doesn't get much better than that!! BH is great for it. Focus on that is my suggestion. I mean really--who spends his day in the room at the beach? Huh? And these rooms are big anyway. Last thing I'm worrying about is a 50 cent bar of soap--my wife likes her "special-sauce" $$ shampoo/conditioner anyway. And a hair dryer complaint? Huh? My wife packs her own cause most of the hotel ones smell like someone poured a whole bottle of hair spray in them when you turn them on....and I'm loosing my hair anyway and who worries about hair at the beach? And as far as the desk staff--they always treat me nice. I joke around with them. The blondie girl at the desk I told her "I betcha you're a young at heart Crest clamdigger who broke quite a few hearts in your days." She's funny--get her on a roll laughing. Even the hispanic looking gardener Joe is nice to the kids but doesn't talk much. Always watering the plants in the evening and early morning. [Betcha his wife jokes he was born with a long water hose in his hands...ha ha. ] He's a fixture of the place and we discovered in talking to him and joked we used to see him years ago at Gizmo Chicken with the corn-on-the cob signature horse corn. Small world but then I'm dating myself with old Wildwood stories. So to me I would say GO FOR THE BEACH, the fun, the ocean, the nice breezes, relax, chill, joke with the staff....they're a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Oceanfront gets you the full view of the ocean. Oceanview gets you a side view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank spockeyman s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We didn't even spend the night here, it was so awful. The hallways are dark and dingy, there are no pictures on the walls in the rooms. It was a basic room that smelled of old air conditioning. It looks like the owner is pulling most of the revenue for himself and only putting back into the place the amount necessary to keep it standing - nothing else. Look elsewhere, you'll thank yourself later.

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank Dayess
WWCBeach, General Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Drab and uninviting is not what the Bal Harbour is. We appreciate your review however we disagree with your remarks....

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Southampton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just got home from a beautiful 25th anniversary weekend trip! Our room had a great view of the ocean and plenty of space. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I have to agree with the previous poster-better toilet paper and decent hand soap would be an improvement. The hotel was clean and the flatscreen tv was a good size for room. I knew the parking lot spots were skinny,so I didn't take my truck.Overall,a very pleasant time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goaly1
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Checking out of Bal Harbour tomorrow and i have to say our stay here has been great. There are a few things that are really important in a hotel - Friendly staff, Clean rooms and facilities, and location. For all of those, this hotel gets high ratings.
Yes, the decor is a little outdated, but everything is clean and the views of the beach are fantastic! I lowered my room score slightly because they really need to get better toilet paper and hand soap in the rooms, that little investment would matter.
What really made this trip, the staff, everyone from the front desk folks to the staff in the restaurant; everyone was very nice. I stayed here with my parents and my nephew. My nephew is autistic and is quite chatty, every one of the staff in the hotel took time to talk to him and treat him very nicely, one of the front desk ladies became his best friend.
Also would like to mention the rooms are VERY spacious and comfortable.
I would not only recommend this hotel, I will certainly be coming back here for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WWCBeach, Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your business very much!
Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just returned from a five night stay. Eighty dollars per night in September was a bargain.
We had a great time and the staff was terrific.
When we checked in we discovered had not booked the package that included the breakfasts each day and one dinner. When we explained our error to the desk clerk she gave us the meal coupons at no charge.
We had difficulty with the screen door to our balcony but maintenance came in less than 30 minutes and had it fixed in less than 10. We left a note on checking out that the flush valve was leaking slightly. About 15 minutes later we saw the same man who fixed our screen in the elevator with a replacement part for the valve and he thanked us for leaving the note.
Breakfasts at the hotel restaurant were great and the staff was the best.
Flush valve in bathroom is a little awkward and toilet tissue holders need repositioning but it was something we could deal with easily.
Staff helped us find bike rental places nearby as well as grocery and pharmacy stores.
There was a busload of senior citizens there during our stay and we didn't hear anyone complain about the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in main buliding overlook the pool with a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your business. Thanks.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and I have been staying at the Bal Harbour for many years. We noticed over the years the hotel is getting worst every year. The hotel definitely needs an upgrade, the bed linens and drapes are old and faded, and the beds are not comfortable. We like to stay in the Dophin building but we noticed on our last trip that it had a misty smell. The beachfront location is great but they need to put money in the hotel and remodel. This was the second year that we had NO DRESSERS in our room for our stuff. We had to live out of our luggage. When I told the girl, Jamie, at the front desk two years ago about the dressers she told me that it is the way they remodeled. I asked if it was possible to get a piece of furniture for our clothing and was told to use the end tables in the room or share furniture in other bedroom. End tables??? There was one small end table in the bedroom that couldn’t even accommodate one person belongings. GIVE ME A BREAK!! Also, I was told that NO ONE complained about it. I was delighted to read another post about someone complaining about the dressers this year. Customer service at the hotel is hit-or-miss. How would the hotel owners like to go on vacation and find that the hotel where they are staying have no dressers for their clothing???

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank shoregirl2012
WWCBeach, Manager at Bal Harbour Hotels, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. While you were here you had fantastic weather and a great room with a wonderful room. The hotel was remodeld two years ago. With bed linens, fixtures, furnishings and drapes. Yes we removed some of the heavy, bulky dresser drawers that took up too much space and replaced them with more functional furniture. MISTY SMELL? Not here. This customer was told about the furnishings when they made their reservations over the phone. The owners reinvest a great deal of time and money into the location.
Allentown, Pa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We got a room, on short notice, and were absolutely amazed at the size of these accomodations! It did not feel like a motel room at the shore...it had more of a condo feel. Bright and very, very large bedrooms and living room. The balconies could use some work,. but the deck was huge and beautiful and the beach is right there. The pool is much larger than most...the food in the restaurant was delicious....the people at the desk were so sweet and helpful...I don't want to stay anywhere else and, next year, we're staying longer. I don't know what these other reviewers were expecting at the Jersey shore, but this far exceeded my expectations and I've been coming to these beaches for over 35 years. For the first time in many years, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank perfectflaw
Thank you for your kind remarks. We appreciate it very much.