“Lost teddy bear - Cozy Crest Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozy Crest

Cozy Crest
Ranked #66 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Zuidoostbeemster, The Netherlands
“Lost teddy bear - Cozy Crest Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in this Motel on August 15 with our four kids. We ran out the next morning. The day after we called the manager for our lost teddy bear and offered them 100 $ but I guess they threw him away. My son is still sad every evening, but the thought of his lost teddy bear in this old, dirty, terrible motel is extra painfull.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wieselore B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
wildwood new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I live in wildwood and was having family come to visit,there were 4 of them and my house is not big enough to accomadate.I was asked if i could find a place for them to stay,I didnot know anything about the cozy crest except that it was reasonable. after reading the reviews i thought well how bad can it realy be. I told my sister of the place and the bad reveiws and she said [lets give it a shot..its cheap and there was not many places to choose from being it was firemans wknd and most were booked.When they arrived they went in to check the hotel early to possibly give them time to look elswere. As they arrived there was a couple leaving and they asked them if they could check the room out.The man took them to the room and it was so horrible.so bad that the couple leaving were going to another hotel and just checked in at 9pm the night before...this was 7am.He took them to the hotel he was going to and got them a room there[ocean view hotel] please dont make the mistake i did and ruin your vacation or your families...adhere to all the warnings you read here they are all correct..

Room Tip: there is none
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flipperup67

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

If Snookie and "The Situation" has a kid, it would be called "Cozy Crest". All the scientists in the world have yet to discover the 98 diseases that a person can contract after entering the hallway of Cozy Crest. If only a smellogram was possible, I would e-mail the entire United Nation the smell of the un-categorized stench within our room so they can send a H-bomb to Cozy Crest to condem that place. We basically paid one night stay to sleep in my own car. I apologize ahead for not being adventurous enough to contract any possible diseases awaiting for me in our "cozy" room.

Room Tip: I recommend you to book a room at a place at least 2 miles away from this place!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nicklas T
Reading
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nightmare when we first walked in the office. Manager was arguing with someone on the phone who wanted a refund and hung up on her. Told us we had one of the nicest rooms. Felt uncomfortable waling to the room and the door didn't even close right. Lock didn't work and it smelled before we walked in. Floors were slippery and slimy, beds felt like they were only the boxsprings, walls were dirty, curtains didn't close right, fridge was gross and dirty on the outside and inside with rust, stove was dirty, and no lights worked. We went right back to the office and said we were leaving and wanted a refund. We got half of our money back. Didn't stick around to further investigate the room. This place was awful as soon as we got out of the car and it should be shut down. Pictures on website are false. DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. VERY DIRTY.

Room Tip: None. I do not recommend this motel at all!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stefanie M
Alexandria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We recently had to spend one night at the Cozy Crest Motel/Apartment. It was Labor Day weekend and every room was booked except for this motel. Bad mistake. NEVER stay here. It's not worth it. We were charged $160 for the night. Save your money and sleep in your car. You will be much more comfortable. The room was terrible and none too clean. The drapes were bad - drooping and we had to fiddle with it to have some privacy. The refrigerator was from the '70s and was rusted on the bottom. There was a discarded dirty sock between the refrigerator and the counter top, of which neither of us dared to touch. The room smelled of mildew and mold. There were brown stains on the walls of suspicious origin. The sink had a brown stain all along the seam. The chairs had stains on the seats. The air-conditioner was not working properly - the entire room was so humid that the tiled bathroom floor was slippery and the carpets were damp. The bed sheets were damp from the humidity. The room door had a twist knob for a lock and a rusty chain on the top. You couldn't feel safer. We put a chair in front of the door before we slept. There were only two lights and the bathroom room light that worked. We highly recommend reporting the motel to the Health Department for violations. Just for the mildew/mold issue alone should warrant this place be shut down until the owners agree and complete a massive renovation for improvement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kopje
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at this motel (mid August) for the weekend. Other Cape May hotels in the area were fully booked and our original reservation from another hotel was annoyingly canceled the last minute and Priceline found us this motel. We encountered a few customers complaining and arguing with the manager the first few minutes we arrived at the office. The manager also yelled at his employee for more than five minutes in front of us then after more yelling he finally checked us in. We wanted a room on the second floor for security reasons, however the employee who spoke to us on the side said this room (118) is probably the best out of all the rooms available. He said after 5pm they customers will start complaining about the AC. We paid $183 per night and I am not too picky and I will accept any hotel in any condition given the last minute situation, however I would have rather paid $300+ a night for a room than stay again at this place. Here is my honest review:

Cons:
Carpet was very damp. I wore my flip flops or socks the whole entire time.
The walls were looked like unfinished plaster?
The room smelled like mold.
Ceiling had a huge water stains and with a large scary green mold ready to fall off.
Linens were damp.
The pillows had huge brown stains that would give a person with an OCD a heart attack. We replaced the pillow covers.
We had two TV remote controls in the room- both did not work.
Light fixture had no covers just expose long bulbs but I guess who cares if it does the job.
Couch was stained and damp. I didn't even want to touch it.
Tub was sticky and slimey even after the maid cleaned the room.
Proximity to the boardwalk: 15 min walk to the boardwalk. But If you want to experience Cape May you should stay close to the boardwalk. Nightlife and dining is the best along the boardwalk area. The motel is far away from the restaurant and doesn't really convey the real beauty of Cape May.
Bed was soft but I had to lay down on towels and use another towel as a blanket since bed felt so damp. I also had to wear earplugs since the parking was a few feet away from the window. You heard basically everything.

Pros: Proximity to the beach. It is about two blocks away from the water.

The first day I suffered an allergic reaction. My hands and my face were tingling and my friend experienced runny nose and sneezing. The next day I couldn't breathe and my face was red and tingling. We left shortly after and I had to take several medications to help my swelling go down. We could have complained and asked to be switched to a nicer room but it seems that every time we visited the office, someone is always there complaining about the funny smell and missing soap or towels, etc. Complaining would have been fruitless and there seems to be a huge language barrier/communication issue. I contemplated going to the ER but as soon as we left the motel to drive home, my symptoms subsided. I would never stay at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Globetrotter_Amor
East Berlin, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

worst hotel ever! mold everywhere...we left the first hour b/c of smell and mold everywhere....would be better off staying on the street! if you want a good hotel go to singapore...3 blocks away from cozy crest....they have helpful people and CLEAN rooms....cozy crest suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go anywhere but this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends