“Nothing Cozy at the Crest”
Review of Cozy Crest

Cozy Crest
Ranked #66 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed July 19, 2012

There is nothing cozy about the Cozy Crest motel in Wildwood NJ. The place is a DUMP! My family members ask why this place renting out rooms. At the bottom of the bathroom tub was filled plaster that was crack. We had to take a shower with our water shoes on. The room had a bad smell. Do not use the kitchen if so you are taking a big risk! The bedspreads were old looking, nasty and too big for the beds. We had to check the beds for bed bugs. The Cozy Crest motel should be condemned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to get away for the weekend, planned this trip on short notice, didn't know what to expect. This hotel had vacancys so we gave it a shot. Hotel looked like a dump on the outside, paint was peeling off. Then we checked in and the manager was looking up our information from a black composition notebook. He wanted to know our confirmation number (booked the room 3 days prior). This place was too dirty even to be a 1 hour hotel. Even before we got to the room, we were followed by someone. We got into the room, no bed sheets, only a comforter. The shower curtain had black mold on the bottom and there was a hole in the bathroom door, which was noticeable. There were even brown spots in the bed. The kitchen even looked dirty (sadly didn't even look in the fridge). We immediately checked out (10 minutes later) and the manager said "We show you different room" and we didn't want another room. We threatened to call the credit card company and he said no refunds (said it right on car registration sheet and on wall) but reluctantly said he will give half our money back. So far, it hasn't shown up on my report. Stay away. It's not Cozy Crest, it's Cozy Crap.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Booked this motel as a last minute over night stay to Wildwood, NJ since I didn't want to make the 2-2 1/2 hr trip back home the same day. Worst motel EVER! My son and my nephews almost passed out when they saw the place. They all stayed in hotels, before, but nothing like this travesty of a motel. The place smelled musty, the refrigerator had rust (or maybe even mold) all over the outside; they did keep the inside clean, but looking at the outside did not endear me to use the fridge... The thought of bed bugs made me run out to buy my own sheet sets even though theirs "looked" clean and had no visible stains very dated furniture, door lock did not work; had to keep fiddling with it for it to actually lock; "safety" chain was a joke since a good push by a two year old could knock it off; furniture in the "living area" was moldy... I wouldn't even care if it was dated if it were clean. looked like they came from a yard sale with no time to shampoo or disinfect them. We did NOT sit in any of the chairs.. It was comical because all three boys kept saying they would either sleep standing up or sleep on top of the wood furniture. Drapes were old and smelly and one corner was held up by a paper clip; it did not extend all the way to either side. Parking was very limited. I had a lovely time in Wildwood with my family, but this crusty crab motel stay just sucked big time. It's really sad because the neighborhood is fantastic otherwise; don't even know why these people are still in business. :-(

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cannonball2
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I went to the web site which is
not honest did not say nothing about a
second building .The air was broke and it
was mildew very dirty .Got sick and lost a day
of my vacation because of this nasty place .
The pool was the next corner down .We got some
of our money back and went to the place we usually do
the Apollo much nicer and cleaner than the Cozy Crest .
I would never come back there and would never in my
life suggest someone to stay there ..And as far as I'm concern
I think I should have got a full refund .For throwing up for a whole
day because of the COZY CREST.........

Room Tip: Go to a different motel .......
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ophelia B
Reviewed July 6, 2012

In late June my family and I stayed at Cozy Crest. My first impression wasn't great but after 3 days, I didn't want to go home. The place may be old, but it is clean. The bed was so nice, I hadn't slept so well in a long time. It is located in the middle of the crest so you can see the sun rise and set over the water, I will go back there and I will recommend it to friends. Unless you want to be among the rich and famous that are full of rules and regulations, this motel is for you!

Room Tip: I had room 6. large rooms and smells like the beach! The pool was outside my room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Place was filthy dirty pool does not work neither is clean mattress broken dirty, don't even know how the health department approved this place its the worst. Thank GOD I had the financial back up checked out and found Tropicana very close to attractions share pool w another motel everyone in wildwood seems to know Cozy Crest is the bed bug spot check out place. It was horrible don't recommend this place to any one specially if with kids

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed in Wildwood Crest hotels for many years in the past. This motel was the worst of all. The Cozy Motel website pictures are extremely old, and very misleading .The smell of urine as you entered the corner room on the second floor was horrible. The kitchenette had broken, rusty appliances. The beds were uncomfortable, the bedspread were stained and had a musty smell. The television didn't work. The air conditioner didn't work. The bathroom was moldy. The pool had murky water. My husband and I were shocked to see the wet towels and unmade beds weren't changed when we returned to the room at 9:45 pm. He took the wet towels to the desk and returned with dry, clean towels. It was to late to go stay somewhere else. The people who stayed next door had similar disgusted reactions about their 3 bedroom apartment.

Room Tip: My best tip is NOT to waste your time staying at the Cozy Motel. Bring a can of Lysol!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family