“Evil! STAY AWAY!!!”

Ranked #66 of 67 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Passaic, New Jersey
“Evil! STAY AWAY!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife, myself and 4 year old son came for a 2 day stay, which we reserved via booking.com I stupidly gave them my credit card before checking out room. We checked out several rooms in 2 buildings. Each room had an intolerable smell (and looked like a dive) and we explained nicely to Mr. Patel that we couldn't stay there. He said the smell was due to 3 days of continuous rain which was a lie- I asked several people in motel next door. (Still a moot point as he admitted to me and booking.com that it smelled.) We asked for something in writing saying we didn't stay there which he wouldn't do. He insisted he would tell Booking.com that we didn't, we shook on it, and sure enough, he lied and told them we were there 5 hours before we complained and then it was too late to rent out room! And my credit card was charged for 2 days!!! Stay away from these EVIL people! Booking.com is trying to help me-they are nice but this place shouldn't be featured on ANY website!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank reuvench S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Baltimore
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Customer Service: I arrived on a Friday with my Priceline confirmation in hand and was told by the owner that it's not fair that Priceline booked the reservation at the weekday rate and that he shouldn't have to honor it. I explained that I would gladly call Priceline and take this matter up with them, and I also explained that the manner in which he was addressing was more than unprofessional. He then tried to give me a room that someone had just demanded a refund because they, after viewing the room did not want. I explained that that too was most unprofessional.

Room Condition: Very poor room conditions, the pictures online are false representation, with the exception of the pool. Even though I rented a non smoking room, our room filled up with smoke from some other room. The TV (from 1986) only provided 1 channel and you have to put down a $10.00 deposit for the remote. The air conditioning is very poor. I didn’t really have a choice by the time I arrived, because there was no vacancy everywhere. In the last moments of my stay I returned the key and was told by the owner to go back to the room and turn off the AC, at which time I decline. I have been traveling/vacationing all my life and I have never had such a lousy and unprofessional experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank CRB1119

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2011

So I call the Cozy Crest Motel the week before the fourth of July weekend for a one night stay after the holiday weekend. On the phone the manager was very difficult to understand but I managed to get that the cost was 80 dollars plus tax. I went there later that day to reserve the room and he gave me the cost of 120 dollars plus tax. All of their records are kept in a composition notebook and not on a computer. Upon our arrival to the motel we were assigned a standard room. When we entered the room we were hit with the smell of smoke and saw the window was open. The curtain was not even hanging on the curtain rod over the window. The refrigerator was ancient and there was not a smoke detector on the wall. I immediately went down to the front desk to ask for a new room. We were reassigned to a suite style room. When we got to the door I tried opening the top lock first; it as broken. The lock on the door was the only security the room had. Once we entered the room we took a look around. The very back bedroom had the window left open so there were flies all around the suite. The bathroom ceiling was literally in the bathtub below. In order to shower, we had to pick out the ceiling tile. After dinner we came back to the room, unlocked the door and the door knob got stuck. Since the top lock was broken there was nothing keeping our door shut. My boyfriend went to get the manager who tried to fix it. He failed and told us there was nothing he could do at that point in time. We slept in the room with the chain lock on the inside of the door and the dresser pushed against it. This was the worst hotel/motel in the face of the Earth. NEVER stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank seahawk09
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Terrible. I wouldn't recommend this place to the roaches. My trip to this motel lasted about 20 minutes. It didn't start off bad management seemed nice but hard to understand. My gf and I booked a room for 2 nights and were excited until we got there. When we first walked in we instantly got hit with a wall of filth. The smell was horrible. You can see on the ceilings that the place leaks really bad in the rain and when it does leak all the water is left to soak in the carpets creating an overpowering moldy smell. The appliances were ancient, everything had a hard to describe feel to it. The window curtains were falling off the wall. I can honestly say I feel like I was always being watched and felt very unsafe. Now. This is the killer of this place and also the reason I left. I went to the front desk and told the manager that our a/c didn't work and he said ok I will come look at it. Ok. I waited.. next thing I know we get a knock on the door, ok I open it.. ITS A GUY WITH A FAN!!! The look on my face was sheer horror. Then I ask him what we are suppose to do with a fan in the middle of august and he then walks over to the window and yanks it open. Now that's great and all except we are on the first floor next to a sidewalk with no screen. Security is definitely an issue here... after the guy left my gf and I looked at each other and I then went to the front desk and atleast tried to get some money back for the lack of ac. He offered me 10$ back. Not a chance. Once I told him no way and was ready to walk he tried to offer me somebody else's room!!! The people were 10 min away. So obviously reservations don't mean jack at this place. The only possitive thing from this place is I got all of my money back except a 20$ card fee. I hate this place now because I had to immediately find another place to stay in wildwood last minute and I had to cut my 2 day vacation into one night because of high rates elsewhere. The cozy crust has ruined my vacation.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank bowtie08865
valley falls, NY
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever been to. I was not aware that a hotel could be this bad. We arrived and the owner/manager acted like he did not even know we were coming. Then he asked how long we were staying and made us pay right then for the whole five days. We got to the first room and there was toliet paper in the bathroom walls clogging the holes. The light in the bathroom was hanging from the wires. There was no smoke alarm and we were suppose to have a kitchen but all we had was a fridge. We went down and explained this and he gave us a different key. This room was a tad bit better the bathroom was clean and we sort of had a kitchen but it looked like it was from the 70s. The lamp was broken and the curtain was handing down from a string. There was a hanger rack that was hanging on from a tack. It felt like a basement and everything always felt wet. The "heated" pool was cold and so was the "hot" tub. The WiFi only works near the pool which is not where you want to bring your laptop. You also have to pay a ten dollar deposit for the t.v remote. Please read the reviews and never give these people your money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cassondra c
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2011

So many people have reviewed this place negatively and they couldn't be more right. Upon check in, I had to listen to the manager complain and moan about booking through Priceline and how he wouldn't have let us book for just a weekend. He finally took my card and charged it and gave me a key. Walking into the room was like being hit in the face with a dead animal. The smell was disgusting and I couldn't sleep because I felt like I was breathing in contaminants. Nothing in the room had been cleaned recently and luckily I brought sheets to cover the bed. The smell clung to every piece of clothing I brought in the room. We bought scented candles and they didn't help at all. We would have loved to open the window more to get some fresh air in, but there were no screens so every bug would just make itself at home in the room. Just an overall disgusting, over-expensive, dump of a hotel. Stay AWAY.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jeanine613
Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The pool was nice. But the hot tub was not. It was cold. and never was hot. the function to turn the heat up was taped over. Our room did have new carpeting. we were on the second floor back side. Kitchen lights NEVER worked. everything just felt kind of dirty. everything is outdated. for the money this hotel makes, you would think they would just update a little?????????? not staying here again. gonna splurge a little next year and stay somewhere that feels clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family