“Best place the beach/ocean. Gayle S.”

Paradise Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed October 22, 2012

THIS IS THE BEST PLACE My family has been going to Paradise Inn almost 10 years at the end of June and for the car show weekend in September.
It;s very clean, pool is great, and right on the ocean. How much better can it get. If you need anything someone is always there to help you.
No one smokes in the room, and I've never seen CIGARETTE BUTTS ANY WHERE BUT IN THE ASHTRAYS OUT SIDE THE ROOMS WHICH THEY CLEAN OUT ALL THE TIME.
Everyone should stop in and see the rooms. We always stay on the third floor over the office. WHAT A VIEW. AND THEY DON'T FORGET WHO YOU ARE.
Mustang

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gayle S

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and I and now my husband have been going to the paradise for over a decade now. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and nothing compares to the wonderful time/experience we have at the paradise every year. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely nice. They are like extended family!! If you are looking for a fun, family oriented place to stay, the paradise is the place to be.

1  Thank cj_36_28
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you like second hand smoke on the balcony and perimeter of the pool this is the place for you and your family. If you like cigarette butts in the pool as a floating device or water toy, this is the place for you! Unfortunately, I did not do my homework and fell for their website photos. We stayed the first night but my child and wife were simply grossed out by the room reserved for us so we decided to leave. We asked that we be refunded for the remainder of the 4 room nights but were denied a refund. Their rooms have not been updated in quite some time. Our toilet seat was chipped in two spots and the bathroom sink had a rust water stain on the drain hole.
The pool has a sewer grate located near the beach side of the pool that backed up the morning after we stayed one night. Blacked cloudy looking water had to be pumped out before it could reach the pool. I wonder what happens if a heavy rain storm arrives how they would handle this back up.
The rooms had look circa 1973 and for the money they are requesting you can find other hotels in the area without reserving in advance. We were there on July 4th week and found The Shalimar Hotel. The hotel was clean and the rooms decor were satisfactory. My daughter and wife enjoyed the pool environment and friendliness of the hotel staff and guests. They are my priority and unfortunately, the owner and management team at the Paradise Hotel could not provide my family with a comfortable and clean environment. This hotel should provide deeply discounted rates for the value they are providing.

Room Tip: If you choose to reserve a room here for the first time, ask to see a room before they charge your c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family has been going to Paradise Inn for many years. Every year our group gets larger. We have never had a bad time there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I look at some of the posts on this site and wonder about the personality of the people that wrote them. Hermes is the manager and I should add he is very good at his job. I guess there are some people that you could never please. This is not an upscale hotel but their prices reflect that. The rooms are clean and updated. I have been counting the days until our next visit to Paradise. I can't wait!!!

Room Tip: You can't choose a bad room they all have oceanview.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KATHYCHE
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been going to the Paradise Inn Ocean Resort for about 30 years! I now have a family of my own with 3 children ages 22, 20, and 13. We just arrived home from a 5 day vacation. We had a room that overlooks the ocean. The rooms were clean when we arrived. The ocean view rooms are my favorite and seem to have the most up to date furnishings, tv.... This is a typical beach motel, so if you are expecting the "Ritz" I don't think you will find it in any beach motel at the Jersey Shore. We go with multiple families each year and are always treated well and the management is always friendly and accommodating. We have seen this motel change owners several times throughout the years and things have understandably changed each time, some for the better and some not as good however, it is still a great family environment and I can not duplicate the laid back, relaxing environment not matter where else I travel. I love the set up of the building and the pool, I have researched and stayed at other motels in Wildwood Crest and this is the most accommodating with the pool being rather large and heated, it is also open late until 8pm. I truly love this place and it continues to create awesome memories year after year with close friends and family!!!

Room Tip: ocean front room Type D newer furnishings and TV!
1  Thank tbk1998
Reviewed August 26, 2012

VERY IMORTANT...PLEASE READ BEFORE STAYING AT THIS HORRRRRRIBBBBLE PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had a reservation for 2 rooms for three nights each. i havent even arrived at the property and already having alot of problems. i had to cancel one room due to a family emergency. we called the property and asked for a refund. they said their policy no refunds. i totally respect that. that was even told to us before so there no arguments there. the next queston was we asked to for them to transfer our deposit over the first room and we will be able to use one room. they said no. now that was never told to us that we cant have a credit with the hotel. proper customer service is to tell ur guests everything right away so there wont be any problems.

he told us that we booked for 3 nights each room and we have to stay for all three nights. i asked to use the $300.00 total for 2 nights in one room and he said no. i asked to speak to the manager and he said no manager available. so if godforbid there is an emergency at the property, there is no management available? that doesnt make me feel very safe. he said the manager will call back the next day at 10am. the problem was, that the next day was when we were suppose to go. but thats ok, we waited. the next day came around and nobody called. i called in myself and a different girl picked up and said she cant make any decisions that the manager Hermes will call me back. i waited and waited and nobody called. i again, called in myself. she said she will try again and call me in 5 minutes. 30 minutes later, no call back. so again, i called back. Hermes picks up. saying the girl left and he just got in. he was very rude to me on the phone, not caring at all, laughing at the situation and not a care in the world.

to make a long story short, i lost $300.00 dollars, the customer service is the worse i ever had, and to top it iff, Hermes is not even the manager. he is just a worker. i was lied too!!

i recommend for nobody to stay at this hotel. total rip off!! dont go there if u r looking for good customer service and for no lies!! out of 5 stars, i give this place negative 10!!

1  Thank GINA P
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a wonderful time...family of 5 children ages 19 years to 15 years. We had a room with a view of both the ocean and the pool (303)! The accommodations were clean...major concern since I am accustomed to Marriot, and beachfront hotels can be difficult to keep clean with the salt water and sand. The groundskeeper was everpresent maintaining the pool and plants. The staff was hospitable and accomodating, from late check out to coupons for events/activities/eattery. They even allowed us to see a few other room options for the next visit, room 302 is really nice ocean view for a couple with small children. The lighting around the HEATED pool was of various/rotating colors, a unique ambiance. The grill and picnic tables were also unique and really nice between the pool and the ocean. Bring a volleyball, there is a net in the sand. The game room is small but had the essential variety. There are only 2 things I would change about the hotel...keep the pool open until at least 10pm, and larger, flat screen tvs. However, with the gorgeous ocean open 24/7 and the many outdoor activities I can't say that either of those are essential. I will definately recommend this to friends. We got good rates via the specials, and that had something to do with the happy factor. Again, the hospitality was phenomenal and personal, Maria and Hermos will do their best to make you happy! You can't get that at a Marriot.

Room Tip: Higher floors for less people traffic. rooms 302/303 nice view of ocean and pool. bring your own b...
1  Thank deadra s
1 mi away
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
Fleur de Lis Beach Resort
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Paradise Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!