“Perfect Place to Spend the week”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Every year, we hold our State Convention in the Wildwoods, and every year our group stays at the Reges. Great rooms, great view from every room (especially the higher floors), ample parking, great staff (front desk staff very friendly), very accomodating. In the 14 years I have been going to convention, I have never been disappointed at the Reges.
It is off the boardwalk so there is none of the problems that go along with being near the boards. The residential area makes it feel homelike. Convenience store in walking distance, grocery stores within a few miles. Though Wildwood Crest is a dry town, there are a few liquor stores in Wildwood, maybe 1 1/2 miles from the Reges.
A great place to stay, highly recommend staying here. Safe and secure.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2010

My family and I have been staying at the Reges every single summer for the past 20 years or so. We have come to know the owners and staff as friends, and they are always accomodating.
The location is literally the best in all of the Wildwoods, because every single room is oceanfront with a private balcony. The pool is southern exposure (sunlight all day, so you won't get cold) and the hotel is at the southern end of Wildwood Crest, right next to Diamond Beach, where the walk to the Ocean is the shortest in all of the Wildwoods. It is also a very short walk along the beach to the US Coast Guard protected beach, where there is a beautiful walking trail through the dunes.
The rooms are renovated every few years, so they are always clean, fresh, and with new appliances. They are also very spacious, and the efficiency suites have a full kitchen with an oven. There are also elevators, which is nice if you are staying on one of the upper floors (there are 8). The higher floors present an unspoiled view of the bay from the front door, with amazing sunsets.
It is a great place to stay if you have kids, because there is a clubhouse by the pool with an arcade and a daily kids program. It is also nice for couples, because there is a jacuzzi by the pool, and a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. There is plenty of seating by the pool, and a volleyball court on the sand right in front of the hotel.
There is off-street parking for one car, and if you have guests come to visit while you are there, they can park just one block down from the hotel meter free, which is very nice. The trolley stops right in front of the hotel, which is convenient if you want to head up to the boardwalk and don't want the hassle of finding and paying top dollar for a parking spot up there.
The only drawback I can think of is the price. It is one of the most expensive motels in Wildwood, and while it is definitely worth the price, it can be prohibitive for some. I would recommend calling if you are unsure, because many times they offer price specials that can make a HUGE difference, and the staff is willing to spend the time with you on the phone to come up with a date and price that is the best for you. Last summer my family and I didn' t think we could afford to stay, and we were able to find a week-long special that we added a few days to and it saved us several hundred dollars, so just ask!

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Reges Oceanfront Resort in September of 2009. Upon check-in, we were greeted by a friendly staff member who seemed very familiar with all of the island’s restaurants and attractions, and offered to help us with any plans we would like to make during our stay. We were quickly settled in our room, which was beautifully decorated. The room was spacious, and would have easily accommodated four people. It was very clean, the bed very comfortable. It had a nice sized, well stocked kitchen as well. As nice as the room was, we stepped out onto our private oceanfront balcony to a breathtaking view of the ocean. Waking up each morning to the crash of the waves and the salt air, having our coffee on the balcony was relaxation at its best! Other amenities that the Reges offer are a beautifully maintained, heated pool and hot tub which also overlook the ocean. Lounge chairs and tables around the pool area are plentiful. The Reges Café serves up great breakfast and lunch favorites, and there are great choices for dinner close by. The location is perfect… close to all of the attractions, boardwalk, water parks, Cape May , but our favorite activity was just hanging out on our balcony and at the beach and pool. The staff was professional and courteous, and really made us feel welcome. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are counting the days until we go back to this fine resort!

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Reges Resort is located directly on the famous broad beach on the quiet end of Wildwood island. The view from each room's ocean balcony is superb, and you have a sizable heated pool to swim in as well as the ocean. Don't look away from the view or you will notice the tacky beach cottage style room furnishings, including the world's most uncomfortable sofa bed. The towels are one washing away from the rag bag and they even charge for a phone call to the front desk. The restaurant on site is adequate. The hefty room charges should come with an upgraded facility, but even the grumpy staff and tacky surroundings can't spoil the prime location and glorious ocean view.

1  Thank welltraveled46
Reviewed September 27, 2009

A little pricer than the average hotel in Wildwood. However, the room were very clean, and spacious. We had two queen beds, pocket door to vanity area, pocket door to living room with queen pull out sleep and kitchenette. Not sure which category it was. Best part.....slider patio with a full Ocean View. All room truly are oceanfront. 2 kids, 9 and 11, so there had their own "space". Room had fridge, ice cube trays (some floors have icemakers outside elevators) sink, stove, dishes/silverware, coffeemaker (no coffee). I would bring a toaster next time. Our unit had a hairdryer in vanity area. Negative -- no in-room safe.

We got take out from the beach grill, which is basically what it is, but was good. We also ate in their little restaurant for breakfast, was just fine. Parking was never a problem.
Pool is heated, but I believe closes at 9PM. The hotel is one of the last hotels/condiminums before going into Cape May. Nothing within walking distance, however much quieter and family oriented in the Crest. Parking is the way to go to the boardwalk. Most lots were $5.00/day. Trolley is a rip off. Several waterparks for kids on piers on boardwalk. Very reasonable. Early am/after 3 deals. It is safe to ride bikes, as the streets are wide and it is mostly as residential area right across street.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This was our first stay at the Reges and will be the last. It needs alot of updating. Our room was tight, the pool needed cleaning (especially the kiddie pool), the carpets had debris on them, the elevator was dirty, no safety mat inside of the tub, etc. There are so many nicer places to choose from for the money. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

I preface my review of this hotel with the fact that we loved Wildwood Crest and were able to salvage a great vacation despite our terrible experience at the hotel. We would go back to Wildwood in another hotel in a second.

My family and I recently stayed at the Reges hotel for 4 nights and will never stay there again. While the location is good and the beach is nice, the hotel fails in every important category.

The rooms are not that clean as the sheets are not changed and there are stains all over the place, including on the bath and beach towels.

However, the biggest problem with the hotel is the staff. They don't care in the slightest about your stay after they have your money. The buzzword at this hotel is non-refundable.

My biggest gripe about my stay concerns my 5 year old son who is mentally disabled with autism. In this particular instance, he was not acting up or anything, just being a normal 5 year old. However, he was infactuated with the hot tub. I tried to explain to him that he was not allowed in there, but he kept running back, but I immediately pulled him out within 3 seconds. Unfortunately, he does not understand all receptive language or the consequences of all of his actions. Trust me, I would give up my left arm, if he did.

The lifeguard on duty took this opportunity to completely embarass me, my wife and 8 year old daughter by yelling at us about my son in front of the entire pool. Usually, I would react angrilly to such treatment, but instead took a moment to try to explain to a lifeguard named GENE the situation about my son.

Well, to say, Gene was less than understanding was the understatement of the year. He continued to publically scold me and then had the audacity to say if I could not keep my son out of the hot tub, maybe I should not raise him. Well, that just set me off and I told him that I was surprised that man of his age (Late 50's/early 60's) would be so non-sympathetic towards a disabled child. Trust me, when I tell you, we do everything to help this kid, so that maybe one day, he can a semblance of a normal life.

I tried to explain the situation to the general manager of the hotel and he could care less. He could not even muster an apology to me on behalf of the hotel at that moment or when he saw us the next day.

It was the worst treatment that I could imagine.

However, since the kids were having a great time and finding another decent hotel is impossible, we decided to suck it up and stay.

It is just interesting that when I explain about my son to a 15 year old high school student at the local pool club, he has more compassion than these older and more "mature" adults.

I never take the time to write on this site, but I felt this story should be shared and if you are looking for a nice stay and to be treated as you deserve for what you are paying, there are much better options available in Wildwood Crest.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
#4 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#2 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!