Nice enough of a hotel - as others have said, the staff was very pleasant, and the views fantastic, but for the money we were charged, we were surprised by a few problems. The carpeting in the lobby is worn and the lighting in the lobby and the rooms a bit on the dim side. Our oceanfront two-room efficiency was comfortably sized, but the beds were very uncomfortable. The two full-size beds were hard as rocks with the mattresses covered in cheap crinkly plastic; the queen-size pull-out coach was made of nothing but coils and plastic - even putting the mattress on the floor didn't help! The staff was helpful in supplying us with an extra cot mattress when we complained. They said the sleep-sofa's were only a year old, but my mother had the same problem with her sleep-sofa in her room. The mattress was a disaster and the spring mechanism was broken. You couldn't even SIT on the sofa due to broken springs and sagging cushions! Also, for the money charged, the soap was cheap and there was no shampoo/conditioner provided. Fortunately, there was a hair-dryer and an ironing board and the kitchen was new and clean. The air-conditioning in the room was controllable, however, it didn't seem to remove the dampness from the air, rather it re-circulated the dampness. Even dry clothes that I put into the dresser drawers became damp - and in the morning, the bed linens felt damp from the air-conditioning. Again, the staff was very lovely, the room clean and the towels plentiful - and the location and views fantastic, so I guess these complaints are minor - just be forewarned that if you intend to use the sleeper-sofa, ask for a cot instead, or get two separate rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We at the Reges Oceanfront Resort in beautiful Wildwood Crest are proud of our oceanfront accommodations and resort amenities. Widely recognized for our cleanliness and exemplary hospitality service, the Reges is family owned and operated, celebrating over 40 years of service. All 75 rooms and suites, most with kitchenettes, are oceanfront with private balconies. We take pride in continually updating and enhancing our resort property and amenities to ensure that our guests have a most comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay. Our experienced staff strives to ensure that all our guests feel right at home and that each stay with us is a special one. Whether you choose to put your feet up or seek adventure, we have the experience you're searching for. Our resort island offers diversity of recreational activities, restaurants, shopping and family entertainment within immense natural beauty that will satisfy any passion. The possibilities for a day of complete relaxation or non-stop action are endless. Come play and relax at the Jewel of the Crest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Reges Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reges Oceanfront Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Reges Oceanfront Wildwood Crest