We started staying at Reges in 2005.
We were tired of the same hotel we were booking at in years prior and fell in love with Reges! Over the years however we have fallen out of love with it and are looking for a new place to try.
After going to Reges for the past several years, we can say the price has gone up while service and quality of the rooms have gone down. The best part of the hotel is the ocean view, but they never upgraded their rooms. Last year they said they were in the process of upgrading but we have seen zero changes. Its been the same furniture, kitchenette, tv, rugs, amenities, and all since we started staying at Reges in 2005. They offer great packages post-Labor Day weekend which offer free breakfast from their cafe, which is nothing to really brag about and is rather stingy for what they would normally charge. Their free dinner selections to certain restaurants however make the package worth it because not only is the dinner free, they serve excellent food! The pool and hot tub are a plus but are starting to get run down too. The photos shown on the website are similar to what you see when you arrive but highly run down so you have been warned! It's misleading to say the least!
Other cons: the carpets get damp and mildewy when the doors are open or when the air condition runs (condensation from the vents make the carpet wet, also creates an odor), the balcony is run down with loose rails, the walkway to the room looks like it gets painted over every year with a different color that chips right off, it just looks terrible. The windows in our room were filthy with hand prints on them, the bathroom is the size of a handicap stall (shower and toilet with exterior sink), the bathtub is slippery, the toilet shakes and with loose plumbing (toilet backed up often). The microwave is cheap and barely heats a bag of popcorn on the popcorn setting. The refrigerator had rusty or cigarette burns on the front of the fridge (looked like it was never cleaned). The dinette table and chairs were dirty with food stains on them as well as stains on the living room furniture. The bed linens are terribly scratchy and outdated. The curtains are worn out. They usually blackout the room but our room had tears all over the curtains that the sun shines right through them. The rooms are not very well soundproofed. You can hear everything upstairs, downstairs and next door to you, so if you are a light sleeper, expect an awful nights sleep and add on top of that an uncomfortable bed (and brutal sofa bed too; mind you they boast they upgraded the sofa bed mattresses - they are rock hard). The people who have worked there are no longer very friendly and the parking, forget it, expect to leave with a few scratches or dings on your car. I leave with at least two every year because the spots are relatively small, and people simply dont pay attention or know how to park anymore. Cleaning staff is not so pleasant either. They will barge in your room without knocking if you do not have the Do Not Disturb sign up.
Other pros: in addition to the fantastic view of the ocean and your ability to see the dolphins swim along the coast bright and early, I appreciate the hottub and the convenient location, it is only a few steps to the beach. In the shower there is a heat lamp which I do love, and there is also a hairdryer which makes you travel lighter (huge plus in my book)....and well that's all that is worth mentioning. For 200-350 per night, Reges is certainly lacking!
With that said, our love affair with Reges has come to an end and we are looking to stay at the new Hotel Icona and suggest you check it out too, it is only a few block south of Reges, where Pier 6600 was. Hotel Icona is fully renovated and only a few months old. You'd probably get more for your money there considering they offer much better packages (with brand new rooms accommodations and amenities)!
Change is often good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We at the Reges Oceanfront Resort in beautiful Wildwood Crest are proud of our oceanfront accommodations and resort amenities. Widely recognized for our cleanliness and exemplary hospitality service, the Reges is family owned and operated, celebrating over 40 years of service. All 75 rooms and suites, most with kitchenettes, are oceanfront with private balconies. We take pride in continually updating and enhancing our resort property and amenities to ensure that our guests have a most comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay. Our experienced staff strives to ensure that all our guests feel right at home and that each stay with us is a special one. Whether you choose to put your feet up or seek adventure, we have the experience you're searching for. Our resort island offers diversity of recreational activities, restaurants, shopping and family entertainment within immense natural beauty that will satisfy any passion. The possibilities for a day of complete relaxation or non-stop action are endless. Come play and relax at the Jewel of the Crest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Reges Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reges Oceanfront Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Reges Oceanfront Wildwood Crest