Location, location, location. I'm usually uneasy about going down to the shore by any boardwalk, especially with my children getting older and looking to wander off on their own. Recently, my family and three other families decided to bring our vacations together and at the same hotel. We were referred to the Reges and although it was a little outside the budget, it was well worth it being a mile or two from the boardwalk. You can’t put a price tag on feeling secure and safe. We all arrived within the same hour and right from the start, the layout of the Reges made it so easy for all of us to find each other from the moment we pulled into the parking lot to the moment we entered the pool area. Before checking in, we took our kids (ages 12,14 & 17) on a drive around the area covering five blocks in each direction so they knew what was where. There was a convenience store, pizza, restaurant, café and ice cream parlor to feed any appetite or craving well within walking distance. These places also offer a safe environment for the kids to wander off and hangout when they wanted to get away from the adults or younger children. Us parents were totally at ease. We aimed to do the boardwalk as a group as often as possible and the best part was the trolly service available all day long so we didn’t have to seek out expensive parking lots by the boardwalk or take long walks on what I consider “shady” and I mean not so safe street parking by the boardwalk and annoying parking meters that are patrolled heavily so don’t get a ticket! We were a group of 15 and not once during our four rides did the trolly not have enough room for us. Us adults met at the cafe each morning for a light breakfast and to discuss the days plans while the kids slept in. I’m not a snob, but the Reges does a nice job keeping out the rift raft pool & hot tub hoppers that try to come in off the street or beach. All guests are given waterproof bracelets to help the staff patrol this. The pool, sun decks, beachfront arcade and outside café area is fenced in and again offers us parents the ability to feel at ease and actually close our eyes and take a nap by the pool or read a book up at our private balcony. My wish list for management is better in room movie options, room service and poolside food and drink waiter service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We at the Reges Oceanfront Resort in beautiful Wildwood Crest are proud of our oceanfront accommodations and resort amenities. Widely recognized for our cleanliness and exemplary hospitality service, the Reges is family owned and operated, celebrating over 40 years of service. All 75 rooms and suites, most with kitchenettes, are oceanfront with private balconies. We take pride in continually updating and enhancing our resort property and amenities to ensure that our guests have a most comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay. Our experienced staff strives to ensure that all our guests feel right at home and that each stay with us is a special one. Whether you choose to put your feet up or seek adventure, we have the experience you're searching for. Our resort island offers diversity of recreational activities, restaurants, shopping and family entertainment within immense natural beauty that will satisfy any passion. The possibilities for a day of complete relaxation or non-stop action are endless. Come play and relax at the Jewel of the Crest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Reges Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reges Oceanfront Hotel Wildwood Crest
- Reges Oceanfront Wildwood Crest