“Completely at ease for all the parents”

Reges Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 68 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Location, location, location. I'm usually uneasy about going down to the shore by any boardwalk, especially with my children getting older and looking to wander off on their own. Recently, my family and three other families decided to bring our vacations together and at the same hotel. We were referred to the Reges and although it was a little outside the budget, it was well worth it being a mile or two from the boardwalk. You can’t put a price tag on feeling secure and safe. We all arrived within the same hour and right from the start, the layout of the Reges made it so easy for all of us to find each other from the moment we pulled into the parking lot to the moment we entered the pool area. Before checking in, we took our kids (ages 12,14 & 17) on a drive around the area covering five blocks in each direction so they knew what was where. There was a convenience store, pizza, restaurant, café and ice cream parlor to feed any appetite or craving well within walking distance. These places also offer a safe environment for the kids to wander off and hangout when they wanted to get away from the adults or younger children. Us parents were totally at ease. We aimed to do the boardwalk as a group as often as possible and the best part was the trolly service available all day long so we didn’t have to seek out expensive parking lots by the boardwalk or take long walks on what I consider “shady” and I mean not so safe street parking by the boardwalk and annoying parking meters that are patrolled heavily so don’t get a ticket! We were a group of 15 and not once during our four rides did the trolly not have enough room for us. Us adults met at the cafe each morning for a light breakfast and to discuss the days plans while the kids slept in. I’m not a snob, but the Reges does a nice job keeping out the rift raft pool & hot tub hoppers that try to come in off the street or beach. All guests are given waterproof bracelets to help the staff patrol this. The pool, sun decks, beachfront arcade and outside café area is fenced in and again offers us parents the ability to feel at ease and actually close our eyes and take a nap by the pool or read a book up at our private balcony. My wish list for management is better in room movie options, room service and poolside food and drink waiter service.

4  Thank SippyLike
There are newer reviews for Reges Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed October 24, 2010

This was our first year at the Reges, having spent a number of years at other facilities at the Crest. The room was very nice, much roomier than other places we stayed. The bathroom was also a good size, my only complaint was the lighting, could have used another lighting fixture in the middle of the ceiling. The beds were much better than what we had been used to. Location is superb, we were on the top floor so the view from the balcony was great.
The pool and hot tub were on the small side so it could get crowded at times. The rooms were advertised as having wifi access, but I was never able to connect successfully. The lobby does have an internet access PC, so not such a big deal.

Room rates are rather expensive, the most we ever paid. I would have rated the Reges 5 stars if it weren't for cost.

3  Thank stevespats
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We spent another great week at the Reges Hotel this August. The location can't be beat, right on the beach, but far enough away from down so its relatively quiet. We made the move to Reges from another hotel (The Madrid) about 5 years ago and never regretted it. The staff (most of whom are part of the family that owns the hotel, I believe) could not be nicer. The rooms are decent size, and large enough to sleep 6 (2 adults, 2 teens and 2 kids) quite comfortably. The pool is good sized and kept very clean (but a little too warm for me). The beach in Wildwood is one of the nicest i have even been on, including carribean and mexico. There are some great restaurants in wildwood ..Bandanas for mexican, Kellys for pub fare, Neils for steak. For a romantic evening out, Peter Sheilds in Cape May is awesome. To sum it up, Reges is a great hotel, and there is nowhere on earth I would rather be in August (Saratoga runs a close second).

2  Thank wags11
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My review is based on customer service only. I cannot accuratey rate the actual stay because of what I am about to tell you. A few days before my planned trip to the Reges my 7 year old son came down with a fever. I called the hotel to find out if it was possible to change the dates of our trip to ensure that my son was healthy. That couldn't accommodate me on such short notice which was understandable. Unfortunately, he didn't get better and I had to cancel my trip. I was aware of the 14day cancellation policy. However, I thought that since an illness was beyond my control it was worth submitting my appeal in writing to the hotel manager.The day after I faxed my appeal my son was diagnosed with Pneumonia. I immediately contacted the hotel to let them know that I had documentation from a physician. regarding his illness. Over the course of a few days I left several messages asking for a return phone call from the manager. I never received a call back, but did get a letter in the mail denying me of a refund. I called the hotel a few more times requesting the manager and left a few more messages. Not a single return on any of my calls. The voice on the other end of the phone told me that the manager is "too busy" to return my calls. A policy is a policy and thats that. At this point, I could care less about the deposit because now this has become a bigger issue. Maybe $300 is nothing to some people, but I work pretty damn hard for my money and I would have felt a little better throwing my money away if the manager had called me personally to tell me that this is their policy and it's unfortunate that my sons was ill. A 60 second phone in exchange for my hard earned cash would have made me feel a little bit better. Maybe I don't know a thing about the business world. However, it would make sense to me for the manager to take a few minutes out of his day to treat his customers a little bit better. I also told the woman on the phone that if in fact the manager would have given me the courtesy of a call I would have considered the hotel for next year. I can assure you that I will never consider the Reges nor will I recommend it. I wonder if the hotel owner knows the kind of person that he is trusting with his precious establishment. I hope the management is reading this review because I am still fuming at how poorly you treat your customers. Shame on you!

15  Thank debjosh
gtcarlos, Owner at Reges Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Our reservation specialists work diligently to modify reservations whenever possible when unforeseen events, such as illness, force a change in travel plans. The general rule in the lodging industry is that reservation deposit money is at risk; the deposit is used by the hotel to guarantee the room for the night and the room is taken off the market. The Reges Oceanfront Resort’s published cancellation policy states that the reservation deposit is non-refundable if a reservation is cancelled less than two weeks before the arrival.
I regret that the reviewer never got the return call that she needed. However, the cancellation policy was quoted more than once by our reservation specialists and confirmed with a letter from the President and General Manager of the company. The cancellation notice requirement is a necessary policy of our resort business and could not be waived in this case.
As a Trip Advisor member and property owner, I would recommend that fellow travelers fully understand a property’s cancellation policy before making reservations.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Hotel manager, staff and cafe employees were either rude or not accomodating. The cost for the rooms was way over priced. Tub did not drain and beds felt like rocks. Cleaning staff was the only good part of this hotel. With all the choices in wildwood crest. Stay some where else.

4  Thank Kayhay000

By way of response I would like to reiterate our commitment at the Reges Oceanfront Resort to maintaining a high level of customer service. Our standard demonstrated through many years of service is the quickest and most successful response possible to customer needs and requests - whether by management, housekeeping, building maintenance, café or any department of the Reges. While we are not perfect, we strive to provide all our guests with the most pleasurable stay possible and take a negative review as an opportunity to address an issue we may not have been aware of, or to review our operation to seek ways that we may improve.
We are well aware that a good night’s sleep is one of the most important of resort amenities. The beds at the Reges are the Serta Perfect Sleeper. Beds, and indeed all furnishings, are inspected on a routine basis and are on a regular schedule of service and replacement.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of further assistance.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I took my family to stay at the Reges in June 2009. It's been the best place by far that I've stayed in Wildwood Crest. Room was large enough to accomodate 4 adults and 2 children without the feeling of being cramped. ALL rooms are direct ocean front, and the pool was the best heated pool I've been in yet kept you feeling refreshed. I will stay there again and highly recommend the Reges!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RacerRose
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for over 20 years. We have tried a few other hotels in the past but the Reges still ranks #1 for us. This past year they finished all the renovations and gave the rooms a nice clean l updated ook. The biggest complaint we always had was the bathroom. That was finally remodeled as well the only downfall with the shower is they have the water saver shower head so the water pressure isn't good. Aside from that we were pleased. The maids have always done an excellent job and cleaned early in the day. Every room is oceanfront with a large balcony hard to find at most hotels down there. The pool is well kept with plenty of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. The cafe is okay we ate breakfast only once and just ate in the room the rest of the week b/c it was a bit overpriced for not so great food. The cafe for lunch served its purpose but a few days took a 10 min drive to primos deli for sandwiches. Other places we ate for dinner were pieros (italian), dog tooth (pub food), ravioli house. Also just for those unfamiliar the Reges is in the crest and pretty far down the strip. If you wanted to walk to the boardwalk it would be quite a hike but we didn't mind driving and paying for parking. The beach is much quieter down that end and always clean!
Overall even though the prices are a bit high at the reges and charge now 20$ for each extra person over 2 people it meets our needs and we can't complain!

• Stayed: June 2010
#4 of 68 in Wildwood Crest
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to Reges Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!