All reviewshot waterstay there againacross the streetmotelbedsbeach
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been to Wildwood NJ in 39 years and thought it was time to return! We booked The Conca D'or Motel at the last minute. It was a great find! The rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. When we asked about good places to eat, they were very helpful! We enjoyed the pool. You don't find many motels with pools that still have a slide and a diving board!! On Friday we watched the fireworks from the deck! It was a wonderful weekend!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I am giving this hotel a 2 out of 5 based on a few things that it has going for it.
The positives are that the location is great. You can't beat its proximity to the beach and view of the ocean. Also it is very clean. Housekeeping did a great job.
The staff was accommodating and let us into our room early when we arrived, and allowed us to leave our car in the parking lot until 3 on the day of checkout, even though we checked out at 10.
With that said, there are a few cons to consider. The property is very dated (as is all of wildwood it seems) and in desperate need of some upgrades. Another con is the fact that the pool closes at 6pm. We are hardly off the beach by then and enjoy swimming in the evening. Another big drawback for us is the fact that there is NO COFFEE PROVIDED. We had to go across the street each morning to the neighboring hotel's coffee shop and buy a cup.
It's true what they say, you get what you pay for. We booked last minute and there weren't many options so we went with the Conca d'or. We won't stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank coachm3
Reviewed July 7, 2017

We arrived an hour before check in and they were able to accommodate us right away. The room is dated and the beds are small but I was impressed on how clean it was. We had some minor issues with the door lock and one day the maid didn't leave a spare roll of TP for us but I went to the front desk and management acknowledged both issues right away. Water pressure in the shower isn't great, but 3 of us were able to shower right after one another and didn't have hot water issues and the place seemed pretty full for the holiday. It's a very small motel in between two larger ones. So unless you have an ocean front room or a room over the pool, the view of the beach isn't the best. Our room was on the 2nd floor right at the top of the stair over the parking lot. We never had issues with parking. The spots are tight but there seems to be sufficient parking for the patrons. My husband happened to leave his wallet behind in the night stand next to the bed, within one hour of leaving we got a call from management letting us know and we were able to turn around and claim from the front desk. Thank you Conca D'or!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2016

I almost didn't book a room with this Motel because of the bad reviews I read. I'm glad I chose to make up my own mind. I absolutely loved the Conca D'or Motel. The staff was very helpful with any minor issue that came up. The place was clean, cute, and comfortable. You get a sense of nostalgia when you stay there. I was fortunate to get the last room available. There is not a lot of luxury, but there is a sense of the comforts of home. I hope they never modernize the place.

Each time I opened my door and looked out over the pool and the ocean, my stress level went down a few notches. I felt safe enough in the motel to venture out on the beach at night to see the moon over the ocean and then again in the morning to see the sunrise. The location was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again.

It seems like a family owned business. I applaud the family for having the integrity and guts to be original and authentic.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed here at the Conca D'or. I stayed in the same room on the second floor with a balcony. It is an older motel but is well maintained. It is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Nice size living room with a kitchenette, bathroom and a bedroom with 2 double beds. The view is wonderful as it is beachfront. I like that it is small compared to the other motels. Nice sized pool with tables and chairs and a grill. Shuttle pickup located right at the corner.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
concador, Manager at Conca D'or Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you were happy with your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next year.